The Ruins of an American Party System: From 1920 Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaGuardia needs to break the hold of the Commonwealth Party over much of the South, so that civil rights can be upheld there (unless you're planning to let people like LBJ to reform it from the inside).

Line Graph of the Senate:

graph (2).png

Bar Graph on the Revisions Thread.

graph (2).png

LaGuardia needs to break the hold of the Commonwealth Party over much of the South, so that civil rights can be upheld there (unless you're planning to let people like LBJ to reform it from the inside).

From what I can tell, the Progressive Party is pretty doomed in the South for now, and the Lefty (but racist) Commonwealthers are as good as it's gonna get for now...

Finally read this, really enjoyed it.
Initially quibbled over Mosley ending up leading National Labour, but he was apparently initially on good terms with MacDonald, so I suppose butterflies could see that continuing. It still seems rather out of step with Mosley's OTL positions at the time though.

Take a break of a month or two, then start part 2, continuing until the 1952 elections

Finally read this, really enjoyed it.
Initially quibbled over Mosley ending up leading National Labour, but he was apparently initially on good terms with MacDonald, so I suppose butterflies could see that continuing. It still seems rather out of step with Mosley's OTL positions at the time though.
National Labour's so smashed apart at this time he's pretty much the only ine interested in leading it.

Deleted member 178479

Interesting update. Dark stuff.

But on the other hand, a lot of his reforms are very *good* for the people. So I dunno. :D

Also, it looks like this health problems remain the same. I wouldn't be surprised if he died earlier than in OTL due to the significantly increased stress.

Long's increasing power (and not being dead) is looking pretty dangerous to say the least.
What's that? 'Executive overreach'? You're sounding like a s*gregationist reactionary, citizen. Please report to your local Integration Office where you will be assigned to one of our luxurious Social Justice Re-Education Facilities. Your cooperation is appreciated. Your refusal...

...would be unwise.

Deleted member 178479

I guess it's not difficult to imagine that allowing fucking Huey Long to control a pretty major part of the country is a bad idea. The dude was just too god damn smart.

I suppose, if anything, that the last update allows us to forgive Olson to some extent. Long clearly goes way farther than he would be willing to go....

Very dark. I love it. You've basically taken the most scary part about FBI Director Hoover and combined him with having an equally corrupt Attorney General......
It's too late now. Like Long said: There is no turning back from this.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you"

Status
Not open for further replies.