The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

what else do i need to do to make this map 1861 accurate?

View attachment 256480

Utah Territory needs to be larger.

611px-Utah_Territory_evolution_animation_-_August_2011.gif

Heres an approximate map, the border between Washington territory and Nebraska territory is a bit rough, but I think I got most of it.

1861.png

worldmap

Banned
i am also planning to make another historical BAM map during summer vacantion so are there any special request for a historical BAM? because otherwise i'll make one of 814 AD...

now that you mentioned there is one its the 1989 world map

now that you mentioned there is one its the 1989 world map
uhm well by that i meant anything before at least 1789 AD so... yeah i kinda feel sorry but i i´m not realy in the mood to make one of 1989 because well it´s not realy nessecary to make it but from before 1789 AD there are no good maps at all so yeah i hope you understand my...

worldmap

Banned
uhm well by that i meant anything before at least 1789 AD so... yeah i kinda feel sorry but i i´m not realy in the mood to make one of 1989 because well it´s not realy nessecary to make it but from before 1789 AD there are no good maps at all so yeah i hope you understand my...

ok then can you do a world map from roman times or napoleonic world map ?

Heres an approximate map, the border between Washington territory and Nebraska territory is a bit rough, but I think I got most of it.

You've got the right shape, but the border is bigger than that. The border meets the British Columbia border and continues down the continental divide down to the 42nd Parallel. If I remember I can upload the semi-rough one I made that we can probably update if the topology maps continue to North America.

EDIT: Attached the map. It's pretty rough, but it fits in some of the right places. I saw a map in the Map Thread that fits that border better.

1861.png

Last edited:
I didn't like the districts of NIreland, so I tried to adjust them. Left is the 1973-2015 borders, right is the borders from 1st April 2015. Still not perfect - post-2015 Lisburn and Castlereagh is the worst offender - but given the scale it's about as good as it will get.

MDUZoy5.png

Could anyone whip up a QBAM with latitudes marked every five degrees, plus tropics and polar circles? Let me know if this is too much.

EDIT: I've actually managed to get most of this down myself. I just need the 75th, 80th, and 85th parallels (north and south) plus the tropics and polar circles.

Last edited:

Thomas27

Banned
Could anyone whip up a QBAM with latitudes marked every five degrees, plus tropics and polar circles? Let me know if this is too much.

EDIT: I've actually managed to get most of this down myself. I just need the 75th, 80th, and 85th parallels (north and south) plus the tropics and polar circles.
If you're able to get this completed, take time to share it with us.