The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

worldmap

Banned
Does anyone have current version of qbam world map without those internal yellow divisions, but with gray ones present ?

If so please post it here

worldmap

Banned
There are really easy to remove using the colour replace tool in your favourite image editor.

Thanks for suggestion, now i remember someone making a red outline for countries borders, do you happen to know where i could find that version, since i waned to try replacing it with blue color ??

Dominican Republic

nice series, what's your source?
Sorry, I just updated my post to fix a few things i found since I posted it. my sources were
http://www.statoids.com/udo.html
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...a-Trinidad-Sanchez+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/baoruco.html
and the Spanish language Wikipedia pages for DR's districts and municipalities (though I tried to use it only to confirm dates I found elsewhere).

The one problem is that for the pre-1929 maps, Haiti and the DR exchanged some border municipalities as part of a treaty. I could not find a list of those municipalities or a map that showed the old border so that border if off however the provinces that do not touch the Haiti_DR border are kosher.

Thanks for suggestion, now i remember someone making a red outline for countries borders, do you happen to know where i could find that version, since i waned to try replacing it with blue color ??

You could use the same tool to turn the borders into blue. I tend to first change them red to seek out any missing spots or coasts that have accidentally been grayed out. I had the red border layer but I can't seem to locate it.

worldmap

Banned
You could use the same tool to turn the borders into blue. I tend to first change them red to seek out any missing spots or coasts that have accidentally been grayed out. I had the red border layer but I can't seem to locate it.

i have noticed in the map that southwestern tip of us-mexico border is grayed out over the continent edge and if i am not mistaken there is a missing part for one of czech republic internal regions, also hawai and kerguelen boxes are missing as noticed earlier

Deleted member 67076

I know it's probably not a popular one, but here is the changes of the Dominican republic since 1844 when they achieved independence from Haiti The last map labeled 2001 is also my submission as a correction to the most current political Qbam. The DR currently on there is missing several provinces and has some whos borders don't line up properly.

God bless you; this will extremely handy for me.

so i guess it's done... i hope it's usefull for you all, but it would be great if someone could give it a critical view for sure first

Type: Historical
Year: 1789
Link: http://i.imgur.com/jvqb621.png

jvqb621.png

Hawaii wasn't unified till 1795 for a start, and I'd be interested in seeing the source for Africa as a lot of the online maps can be very woolly.

Minor Corrections

So a few things I noticed,
1) You are missing the majority of Rupert's Land. It should include all territory in the Hudson Bay watershed including the Bay-ward coast of Baffin Island
2) The North-East Minnesota border should be disputed (US-British)
3) Southern parts of then future Mississippi/Alabama should also be disputed (US-Spain). This is the territory West of present day Georgia but south of the Louisiana-Arkansas Border.
4)The Western border of the Louisiana Territory is wrong. It's the best one available I'll admit, but it's based on a old (and incorrect) river map. Nothing you can do about that except try and make your own though.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the Old World, but other than those things, the New world it pretty good.

Help with 2015 QBAM map

So I have been trying to figure out how to post on this forum for a while and I have to say you guys were light years ahead of my in map making when I started in 2011. So I wanted to help out with the map so I did my best attempt at adding county subdivisions to Poland.(the orange boundaries are provinces that I have had trouble with so fill free to fix it for me because correctness is important)
poland update.png

poland update.png

Last edited:
So I have been trying to figure out how to post on this forum for a while and I have to say you guys were light years ahead of my in map making when I started in 2011. So I wanted to help out with the map so I did my best attempt at adding county subdivisions to Poland.(the orange boundaries are provinces that I have had trouble with so fill free to fix it for me because correctness is important)
View attachment 254379

Here is Slovakia for you guys to look at and edit to make it official.
View attachment 254383

Thanks; glad to have you and very glad that you've taken an interest in improving the Qbam.

2015 QBAM update

Here is Serbia and Kosovo which for both I have to go to the municipality level and for Serbia there was literally not enough room to show the cities around Belgrade so I just put as many pixels as there were cities there. So we may need to come up with a third color for single pixel districts.
serbia and kosovo update.png

serbia and kosovo update.png