The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Nigeria

Yes, i know i'm a little bit late with Nigeria but there were some hindering factors, But here is than finally the T-BAM of Nigeria... :eek:
hRqtvHu.png

Next: Cameroon

Yes, i know i'm a little bit late with Nigeria but there were some hindering factors, But here is than finally the T-BAM of Nigeria... :eek:

I'm going to wait on adding this to my patches until after Algeria/Chad/Sudan are completed. that way the merger with the already completed Lybia/Egypt will be easier.

hRqtvHu.png

Is there some reason that the rivers on this map sit neatly in their valleys while those in the map reproduced in post #1569 of this thread do not?

Doesn't Bosnia and Herzegovina have a small bit of coastline with maritime claims?

Yes, but it's mostly covered up by islands and peninsulas belonging to Croatia, and the resulting maritime area is tiny (less than five square miles).

On the Q-BAM scale, this means a small fraction of a pixel, unfortunately (it's just about visible on some of the more detailed blank maps of Europe).

What's fascinating there is how much the northern border of Chad seems to be in about the right place- roughly following the ridge of high ground between two basins. You could quibble about the exact positioning and argue for a bit more of a wobble, but fundamentally it doesn't really seem to be all that illogical a location for the 'natural borders' of the area. Can't really say the same thing about the western border though.

Here is some news about it from Qazaq2007

Posting a patch for the western Caribbean:

1. Nicaragua-Colombia EEZ no longer disputed. Colombia may not like it, but the ruling is final and that is the official EEZ border

2. fixing Cuba-Bahamas border based on their border treaty (see here: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/221364.pdf)

Intend to post a patch on the eastern Mediterranean also. Turkey, Cyprus and Greece have different views of the EEZs that each of them are entitled to.

QBAM patch western caribbean EEZ Qazaq map.png

This has been part of a project of mine, but short story shorter, I needed an OTL 1850 map of Europe to extrapolate borders from.

So I did my best to make a Qbam map focusing on Europe in the year 1850 (ish). I'm pretty sure it can function as an 1848 map for those who care. I apologize for any errors.

Some day, I will try to label the German confederation. I really tried my best with Germany, but I can't take too much credit for it. I worked backwards from an 1871 map of the German Empire by Chornyj Orel. Relevant post of his. https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=10176944&postcount=1556

1848 Europe better.png