The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

The ice sheets are cool and all but can we not add them on the main basemap? Or at least make them a different color than the ones in the ocean? It makes it harder to see who controls the territories around the arctic and they're just not very useful.

What are the regions with yellow borders, like that strip of central Alabama? Former reservations?
At the time I was putting the map together, I was thinking about a total Balkanization scenario during/after the cold war. Those areas are African-American majority regions. One might be able to see a dystopian world wherein 1962 going hot reverses the slow progress on civil rights, and could result in autonomy or independence for black-majority areas. .

Could you do those if you had time?
And here we go : Natural lakes map. Plus a probable teraton of small artificial lakes I couldn't spot because either too small, too unimportant or else.
Lakes.png

Maybe later this months, I'll make some patches for historical coastlines.

@Fjana
Don't you mean the Buenos Aires Province? Anyways, everything posted here is free to use as this is a collaborative project.

upload_2018-9-4_21-24-40.png

Made a borderpool patch for Belgium and Luxembourg

Flanders (Green, W to E)
  • West Flanders
  • East Flanders
  • Zeelandic Flanders
  • Greater Antwerp city region (Freestate borders)
  • Antwerp
  • Belgian Limburg
  • Flemish Brabant
  • Brussels
Limburg (Teal, N to S)
  • Dutch Limburg east of the Maas
  • Dutch Limburg west of the Maas
  • Maastricht
Wallonia (Blue, W to E)
  • Hainaut
  • Wallonian Brabant
  • Namur east of the Maas
  • Namur west of the Maas
  • City of Namur
  • Liège east of the Maas
  • Liège west of the Maas
  • Givet
Luxemburg (Red, W to E)
  • Belgian Luxemburg
  • Arlon
  • Luxemburg
  • Rhenish Luxemburg
German Belgium (Pink, N to S)
Pas-de-Calais (Orange, W to E)
  • Dunkirk
  • Grevelingen
  • Lille
  • Calais
  • Pas-de-Calais (RK borders)

@Fjana do you mean to use the BA province for your purposes or to claim something you want to make? If it's the first option, you can use it since this is a collab, if it's the 2nd one, yeah sure, but be sure to see the map I posted for claims

Crazy Boris

Banned
Australia and New Zealand for the borderpool

Included are all current and former Australian state and territory borders, as well as old colonial borders and the Murrawarri Republic, along with colonial borders for New Zealand and the old territory of the United Tribes

and the Chatham Islands. That's also there.

EDIT: made a small edit to add Hutt River
Aus-NZ borderpool.png

Last edited:
Iceland.png

Main Scandinavia.png

Got some more borderpool stuff. Main Scandinavia and Iceland. I'm not confident about how we tackle the German states in the HRE, German Confederation, and German Empire just because of how numerous they are and how their borders are shaped, so I didn't color them in or make them separate from Holstein. The rest I'm confident is correct.