The Post-Apocalyptic Picture Thread

Faeelin

Banned
How did they even get customers? Didn't they end up in the future where black people eat white people?

cvr9780671722067_9780671722067_hr.jpg

Quite a racist and sexist scenes but I admit I still liked it.

And for more drama one in which two now derelict ships obviously had been trying to huddle in one of the more tenacious remaining water puddles.
dry-Aral-Sea-Kazakhstan.jpg

Soviet post-apocalyptic drama film "Dead Man's Letters" (1986) had a very convincing depiction of a desolate post-nuclear wasteland. I'd recommend to mute the sound - the video's uploader added awful music that is not from the original film.

Some other stills from that film:
1-2_1.jpg

kw57q4f.jpg

i2Eia5S.jpg

Last edited:
Come to think of it, it is tragic that for this thread we not only have artwork from fiction but already way too much footage from reality.
Hiroshima_were_left_standing_-a-96_1438857513539.jpg

Soviet post-apocalyptic drama film "Dead Man's Letters" (1986) had a very convincing depiction of a desolate post-nuclear wasteland. I'd recommend to mute the sound - the video's uploader added awful music that is not from the original film.

Some other stills from that film:
1-2_1.jpg

kw57q4f.jpg

i2Eia5S.jpg
It'd be interesting to see a Soviet-style version of Threads.

Just read an interesting article on he suburb of Varosha, in Cyprus. Before 1974, it was a thriving tourist resort on Cypress's east coast. But then geopolitics got in the way. A pro-Greek coup led to Turkish invasion and, eventually, the establishment of The republic of Northern Cypress. The city was caught in the no mans land, and was abandoned hours before it was occupied by Turkish troops. It is still off limits to the public, but every now and again someone sneaks in to photograph a city abandoned since 1974.

Some pictures;

640px-Famagusta2009_3.jpg

640px-Varosha_look_from_Greek_side.jpg

fama.jpg

And a link to the article - http://basementgeographer.com/varosha-forever-trapped-in-1974/

DAMN! Eerie stuff. 43 years later and is getting reclaimed by Mother Nature.

If politic wise it was allowed, might be a good place to film movies on the subject matter.