The Old European Cup survives - No Champions League (1991)

2014 - Treble winners
Simone Will have two tries for the champions, i hope the futbol champagne that he plays break the expectation of europe
Atlético have a good chance in 2014-15. Bayern are a step ahead of everyone, but Atlético is at the same level as City and both are ahead of Juve, PSG or Benfica. As a Spaniard I hope they reach far, but who knows. IRL they got stopped three years in a row only against Real Madrid (2014 final, 2015 QF, 2016 final). Let's see without Real in this scenario...

Edit: also, if I'm not wrong, this is the first treble since 1988 in this scenario:
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 17.48.11.png

Last edited:
Also, feel free to request specific match boxes and I'll gladly upload them. So far I'm doing only the ones with most goals or that look more interesting to me as I want to go fast and catch the Quarter-Finals of the 2023/24 season with the QF of OTL at the same time and add a bit more detail to that competition. It's 9 full editions more before the 23/24

Also, feel free to request specific match boxes and I'll gladly upload them. So far I'm doing only the ones with most goals or that look more interesting to me as I want to go fast and catch the Quarter-Finals of the 2023/24 season with the QF of OTL at the same time and add a bit more detail to that competition. It's 9 full editions more before the 23/24
i want Atletico to win 2014-2015 CL

i want Atletico to win 2014-2015 CL
I also want it! Let's see if they can do it.
I wonder how Chelsea have done in the last three UEFA competitions.
Winners in 2014, but nothing other than that since 2011.
I do enjoy TL's where United get stuffed!

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 08.16.17.png

I do enjoy TL's where United get stuffed!

Yes but take into account United have 5 European Cups now:
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 08.18.07.png

The biggest loser of all compared to IOTL, appears to be Sevilla. No UEFA Cup or European silverware in sight. Stronger clubs competing in the UEFA Cup means they miss out. :eek:

Last edited:
The biggest loser of all compared to IOTL, appears to be Sevilla. No UEFA Cup or European silverware in sight. Stronger clubs competing in the UEFA Cup means they miss out. :eek:
Indeed, some years the UEFA Cup is more stacked with top teams than the EC or the CWC... And it's very strange that ITOL Sevilla managed to win that many UEFA Cups but not reach the later stages of the UCL. I mean, Atlético won a couple of UEFA Cups and then went on to almost win the UCL a couple times and be a contender in some other years.

Nevertheless, take my CWC/UEFA cup results with a pinch of salt. I'm focusing on the European Cup matches and just adding those results to kinda justify teams who do good or bad. So it's just a matter of assuming that Sevilla still did good in the 21st century, maybe semis or even finals, or so.

2014/15
Bayern keep improving their team. Guardiola's side sign Robert Lewandowski and Xabi Alonso in the summer. It's one of the best teams ever assembled, and after winning the treble in 2014 (and adding the UEFA Supercup and the Club World Cup later in the year), they are without a doubt the biggest favourites to claim the European Cup. It's not an easy road to the final, but Bayern get rid of their first top rivals, Manchester City, in the second round after dominating them in the first half.

1710364132587.png

Also in the same round, the Italian and Spanish champions are drawn together, and despite losing the first leg in Turin, Atlético de Madrid come back at home and deliver an epic win to advance to the quarter-finals.

1710364195909.png

With two heavyweights out of the competition, another giant smiles. PSG, who keeps most of their squad intact from last year under Laurent Blanc, are lucky to not face top teams and qualify to the final after defeating a surprising rival, FC Basel, in the semis. The Swiss champions manage to resist in Paris and draw 2-2 in the first leg, but the French champions triumph 3-1 at St. Jakob-Park to qualify for their first European Cup final.

In the other semi-final, it's Atlético versus Bayern. Atlético are optimistic since Guardiola has Ribéry and Robben injured for the last third of the season. But it doesn't matter. Bayern are just simply too good, and book their ticket to the Berlin final.

1710364412777.png

Bayern is a huge favourite, but PSG scores the first goal after a counter-attack right before half-time. Looks like Bayern has the possession of the ball, but not many chances. However, the second half is a different story. Bayern is hungry, but takes their attacks with calm. In the end, they'll get their reward, with two goals by Mario Götze who give the Bavarians their sitxh European Cup ever and Berlin becomes a huge party.

1710364481441.png

Guardiola has conquered his fourth European Cup, the most of any manager, only tied with Alex Ferguson. Will he win again next year?

1710364760596.png
1710364773251.png
1710364791780.png

And this are the top 5 favourites to win in 2016. Predictions?
  • FC Bayern
  • Barcelona
  • Juventus
  • PSG
  • Chelsea

This is the season where MSN looked like winning back-to-back trebles before the wheels fell off for the home Clásico and the UCL QFs... hopefully they can go all the way this time around.

This is the season where MSN looked like winning back-to-back trebles before the wheels fell off for the home Clásico and the UCL QFs... hopefully they can go all the way this time around.
That'd be a dream final, and a rematch from TTL's 2009 final. Let's see!

2015/16
2015-16: Barcelona
All eyes are, once again, on FC Bayern, aiming to conquer their third consecutive European Cup. Guardiola's team has now Arturo Vidal and Douglas Costa, and the team starts the season as expected: performing good both in Germany and in Europe. But the most interesting matchup of the second round features two giants: Chelsea and Juventus. The Bianconeri, led by Massimiliano Allegri, have spent a lot of money in the summer after a couple of bittersweet years in Europe, and have signed Khedira, Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala in an effort to qualify to their first European Cup final since 2004. The Blues, who are coached again by José Mourinho, collapse in Turin, a defeat that marks the end of the Portuguese coach's stint at Chelsea, as he is sacked before the New Year.

1710689970550.png

In the quarter-finals, a massive upset: after drawing 1-1 in Eindhoven, Dynamo Kyiv beats PSV 5-0 in Ukraine and make it to the semis in stellar fashion.

1710690009410.png

The other surprising result in the quarter-finals happens when PSG faces Bayern, a rematch of last year's final. Bayern is the big favourite, but PSG manage to beat Bayern in both matches, ending the Bavarian's run and completing revenge.

1710690113108.png

However, the Parisians will get destroyed in the semis. They manage to draw 1-1 at the Camp Nou (it was, if you realise, the first goal that Barça concedes in this year's edition), but in France, the MSN (Messi, Suárez and Neymar) shows once again their destruction power with a performance for the ages.

1710690187684.png

The final, held in San Siro, is more of the same for Luis Enrique's pupils. It's a tougher match than the results says, as Juve fights hard, but still a huge victory for the Blaugranas, who conquer their fifth European Cup and the treble, as they are also victorious in LaLiga and the Copa del Rey.

1710690928675.png

1710690609170.png
1710690622498.png
1710690643877.png

Last edited:
Wow, so history do rhyme, good for Luis Enrique and the MSN, maybe they can have the triplete like Madrid did in this years.
Indeed. Let's see, because for 2016/17, these are the favourites:
- Barcelona (Title holders)
- Juventus (the were runners-up IOTL after beating Barça)
- Leicester (are they strong enough though?)
- Bayern with Ancelotti, not Pep
- PSG (the one that lost 6-1 IOTL vs Barça)
- Then, the usual underdogs Benfica, PSV, CSKA, Dynamo Kyiv... Let's see

Predictions welcome!

2016/17
2016-17: Juventus
Barcelona is still the biggest favourite to win it all. The defence of the crown for Luis Enrique's team starts with a victory, but has to face a top dog in the early stages of the competition. Barça and Bayern, the last two teams to conquer Europe, are paired in the second round. The first leg ends goalless at the Camp Nou, but Messi guides the Blaugranas past Ancelotti's squad to qualify for the next round.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 19.49.18.png

The other matches go, more or less, as expected, since the majority of favourites do their homework and stay alive in the tournament. In an other exciting matchup, Juve beats PSG in the quarter-finals, winning 2-0 in Italy and losing only 0-1 in Paris to give another blow to the Parisians hopes. Then, it's time to face Leicester City in the semis. The Foxes conquered the Premier League in 2016 after a wonderful campaign, but they've dragged to reality this season. A victory against Juve in Turin makes the dream of qualifying to the final a real possibility, but the Bianconeri deliver an amazing performance in England and book their ticket to Cardiff.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 19.54.48.png

In Cardiff... Well, well, look who's here. Same old faces. It's the same final as in 2016. Juve is hungry for glory but also revenge after that horrible defeat from last year. The game, somehow, is decided in the right back of Barcelona, their weakest link after the departure of Dani Alves (now playing for Juve). Alex Sandro gives Sergi Roberto major headaches during the whole game, and opens the score in the 20th minute. Barça's offensive power doesn't wait too much to tie the game, thanks to a Suárez header. In the second half, and with the Blaugranas in control, Messi shoots from outside of the box to make it 2-1. Juventus looked KO for the second year in a row, but somehow found the courage to be more a more aggressive as the match was approaching the end. With 6 minutes to go, Sandro shoots from the left side and finds the net for a well-deserved goal. The game ends up in the penalty shoot-out, where the unthinkable happens: after Marchisio scores the first penalty, Messi sends his to the crossbar. It'll be a nightmare for Barça, as Buffon deflects Neymar's take and Rakitic sends the ball outside of the goal: Juventus are champions for their third time in history, and also conquering the treble,
while it's the fourth time the Culers lose a final in the penalties (Steaua 1988, Benfica 1992, Bayern 2009).

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 19.56.07.png

This also marks Luis Enrique's goodbye, although he wins the Copa del Rey for Barcelona. Neymar will also abandon the club, destination PSG.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 20.15.06.png

Finals and treble winners
So, these is the roll of honour up to date.

Finals:
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 20.18.06.png

And all the winners:
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 20.18.34.png

And the treble winners:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 20.17.38.png

Who will win in Kyiv in 2018? These are the top candidates:
  • Juventus
  • Real Madrid
  • Bayern
  • Benfica
  • Monaco (without Mbappé, though)
  • Spartak, Shakhtar, Anderlecht, Feyenoord...