The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

Ladies, gentlemen, mods. I have found a meme that proves why Rurik is the best monarchist.
1641659534071.jpeg

As far as I know, The Holy Russian Empire is not even a monarchy - it is a totalitarian dictatorship.
Kemerovo must be compared with Vyatka. These are two functional monarchies. Chita is a dictatorship of white generals.

Just now I noticed... Mikhail II didn't had children, so the Nikita bloodline will take the throne after he dies anyway.

F.

Also, honestly, Slavic pagan extremists of the Hyperborean variety make more sense than Satanists in terms of anti-Christian cultists arising after Midnight.

Also, honestly, Slavic pagan extremists of the Hyperborean variety make more sense than Satanists in terms of anti-Christian cultists arising after Midnight.
Satanists make more narrative sense. The Slavic pagans have always been a massive minority, especially in post-WW2 Russia, while Satanism is easily derived as the counter-faith to the Imperial Cult. I think the explanation for Motsny turning to Satanism is satisfying and believable, and Satanism is more unique than Hyperborea 2.0.

Satanists make more narrative sense. The Slavic pagans have always been a massive minority, especially in post-WW2 Russia, while Satanism is easily derived as the counter-faith to the Imperial Cult. I think the explanation for Motsny turning to Satanism is satisfying and believable, and Satanism is more unique than Hyperborea 2.0.
Let's agree to disagree on this one, but I'd move the anti-Christian cultists (be they Satanists or pagan extremists) to the Sverdlovsk or Tyumen region while Lazarenko returns to Omsk.

He could, but TNO doesn't use fictional characters
Sure but as long as Mikhail lives until the end of TNO2 it won't have to. In any case imo TNO's monarchies could use more content centered around the royals as a family; it's a big missed opportunity that, except for Kemerovo, we don't get any stuff about the royal families of the monarchists. I want to see Vladimir training his daughter to succeed him, I want to see Mikhail's wife react to becoming Tsarina of Russia, I want to see Leonida (Vlad's wife) help him through his depression and addiction, and even in Kemerovo I want to see Yuriy and Lydia find a consort to continue the bloodline (it would be interesting if they tried to find a consort in Europe, as a sort of way of legitimizing the Krylov dynasty).

chankljp

Donor
So.... This was just posted over on Reddit by the Calphf, a former developer & code lead of TNO. In which he claimed to show us the 'canon' list of US presidents back when such a thing existed that he had put together with one of the former US team leads:

51811699146_7fedddbbcd_b.jpg

51810740647_67abfdd395_o.png

.... I hate to be 'that guy', but the first thing that came to mind when I saw that they had David Duke, the goddamn Grand Wizard of the KKK as a US president, was this:

Seriously, if it wasn't the fact that this was posted over on Reddit under the account of a known former member of the dev team, I would have been convinced that this was either a troll post or a meme.

A few quick thoughts off the top of my head:
  1. I deeply respect the members of the TNO dev team for creating this amazing mod and setting for us and everything.... But crap like this is why I am so glad that post-start date 'canon' is no longer a thing.
  2. Doesn't this directly contradict what Panzer said about the 'canon' being the R-D getting constantly reelected and the NPP never gaining any traction to the point of the US effectively becoming an OTL post-war Japan style one-party dominated state? Is this a case of there already being infighting within the dev team before Panzer left on the nature of the canon before the entire thing was scrapped?
  3. The Jane Fonda as a POTUS bit really highlight my opinion that unless massively reworked, the instance on making the South African War a Vietnam War analogue just doesn't make any gosh darn sense. In OTL, Jane Fonda earned the nickname of 'Hanoi Jane' due to her 1972 visit to Hanoi, and her opposition to the Vietnam War. Are you telling me that Fonda, a supporter of the Civil Rights Movement, supported a NAZI-BACKED white supremacist racist rebel state? This is like just barely a step better than the now thankfully removed event of Muhammad Ali saying 'I ain't got no quarrel with them Boers' in terms of nonsensical historical parallels, given the massively different context of the two wars. If they really want SAW to be a Vietnam War analogue, the public backlash and anti-war movement really should have been led by the right-wing, with movie stars such as John Wayne speaking out against a war against 'fellow whites'.
Once again, I am so thankful that 'canon' is no longer a thing if this is what we would have gotten, in that this is making Panzer's 'OFN siding with Germany against the USSR over Moskowien' look tame by comparison.