The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the things fans have found out since release

unknown.png
yeah had Strom as president after both RFK and his vice president were gunned down as a result of two much changes too quicly I think? does JFK always gets killed? I cant seem to find a way to avoid it and do a peaceful transition between him and the next president. Hyperborea? How does it form?
Anyone give LBJ a try?
Yeah I did. You can really go all the way with LBJ in his great society with stuff like
Universal freehealthcare,etc...
My LBJ didnt liked foreign affairs, he preferred to focus on domestic affairs.

Last edited:
yeah had Strom as president after both RFK and his vice president were gunned down as a result of two muxh changes too quicly I think?does JFK always gets killed? I cant seem to find a way to avoid it and do a peaceful transition between him and the next president. Hyperborea? How does it form?

Yeah I did. You can really go all the way with LBJ in his great society with stuff like
Universel freehealthcare,etc...
My LBJ didnt liked foreign affairs, he prefered to focus on domestic affairs.
I think Hyperborea spawn from Aryan Brotherhood not sure how since I have not play it yet.

I think I need to play as Father the next time I do a run-through after Magadan. I had the option pop up and was sore tempted...

EDIT:
Seeing that Father is Alexander Men, and he still had a living son, I wonder if there would be any problems if he found out how his dad is being portrayed.
Despite what everyone thought. The Father is not a bad guy.

Playing as Reform Fascist Scorza, I notice how you can do things like:
  • Gender Equality
  • Replacing the Tax System with something better.
  • Encourage Workplace safety.
  • Improve the status of non-Italian Colonial Subjects to the point of granting them citizenship. As well allowing the non-Italians to retain their culture and language.
  • Enforce Equality to Italy's Subjects.
  • Improving the Fascist Corporatist Economy or instead going National-Syndicalist.
  • Loosen Censorship and allow more free speech.
  • Being Moderate Authoritarian.
Playing Reform Fascist Scorza, it felt like I was playing as the Federation from Starship Troopers fro the novel. Plus it felt wholesome.

Meanwhile for the Anti-Reform Fascist Scorza it can become Cursed to the point you can go become like North Korea:
  • Going Misogynist
  • Reintroduce Racial Laws
  • Enslave the Working-Class where there are no regulations with Workplace Safety.
  • Oppressing the Colonial Population
  • Becoming a full-on surveillance state expanding the powers of the OVRA Secret Police
  • Abandoning Fascist Corporatist Economics for something that oppresses the workers while making a ton of money.
  • Go Full Totalitarian
I just felt gross playing Anti-Reform.
Is it possible to mix up how you go down each path? For example, could I give good working conditions and expand OVRA in the same playthrough, or do you get penalized for not sticking with a particular path?

Despite what everyone thought. The Father is not a bad guy.
I’ve only seen him through the lens of Magadan’s fascist government, so he definitely SEEMED like a bad guy. Man, that makes me wonder what other propaganda I’ve bought into...

Is it possible to mix up how you go down each path? For example, could I give good working conditions and expand OVRA in the same playthrough, or do you get penalized for not sticking with a particular path?
You can mix it up. So like you can choose Gender Equality and Expand OVRA survallience, along with going Futurist and choosing Racial Laws. Or enslaving the work force while allowing Equality and giving citizenship to non-Italian subjects.

You can combine both Reform and Anti-Reform.

It does not penalized you per say but sticking with your faction (reform or not reform) will give you special point that is used to counter your opposition influence. So if you got a good lead on your opposition it should be fine.

Though I have not seen what will happen if your opposition influence get too high.

So in my first Goring game I ended up losing to Sweden due to economic collapse. I can think of no better punishment for the likes of Goring and Schorner than to be remembered as failures who couldn't even defeat the Swedes.

Thinking about my game as Scorza I kinda Feel like Ciano legacy was an interesting one. He grant citizenship to Algerian and try to listen to all Triumvirate member request and try to keep it together until it is too much to give in, he make trade agreement with Japan and improve relation between the two country.

Yet the man will be remember for losing war to Turkey while Scorza quickly win the Algerian crisis.

Ciano base his camp on reform yet Scorza did more than he ever do.

For whatever his intention he will spend the rest of his life in jail. I kinda feel bad for him but playing as Scorza Ciano is too dangerous to be left alone since his support base still exist, exiling him mean be may still agitate the country. Locking him away for the rest of his life is the safest option.

Last edited:
For Ciano I just exiled him, since well arresting seems harsh. That and if Scorza goes Reform, I am under the impression you can steal Ciano's supporters.

Even though the Devs say you are supposed to keep the Empire, I think you can decolonize as Scorza, albeit you maintain a sphere of influence with former colonies.

Last edited:

Deleted member 141906

I envy you guys who can play the mod, I spent 6 hours today and yesterday trying to get the mod to not crash and it only loaded once before crashing because I clicked the before button.

Even though the Devs say you are supposed to keep the Empire, I think you can decolonize as Scorza, albeit you maintain a sphere of influence with former colonies.
I abandon the levant after war with Turkey and Irgun takeover. I got decolonize relation bonus with Israel but I imagine it being more like Italy panicking and evacuating levant while Irgun filled in the power vacuum.

My playthrough is not full reform scorza. I.E. I give youth more influence but still not allow free press, imprison ciano, etc.

Funnily enough my first game ended up incredibly blessed, no thanks to me. All regional Russian unifiers went democratic, RFK got in power in America, and the Socdems won in Italy. Sure, Goring and Schorner subjected much of Europe to some horrific warfare and conquest, but they collapsed due to the heroic resistance of Sweden. With the exception of Japan's Empire, the world is looking pretty bright.

In my game, I'm doing a Nixon>LBJ run.

So far,
-I did everything to keep the R-Ds in power (with great success)
-I made Nixon support Speer
-Also as Nixon, I passed the Civil Rights Act of 1962
-Nixon resigned and Kennedy took over... and got assassinated
-I did the 'renounce Nixon' focus path until the 1964 Election
-LBJ won the election and I've started the Great Society focus tree
-Thanks to American involvement, the South Africans beat the Boer states...
-...Unfortunately the African RKs merged into one giant BurgSys superstate
-HMMLR won the English Civil War
-Goering won the German Civil War :frown:
-The Father controls a good chunk of Siberia
-Burgundy now controls most of France
-I think Iberia is about to implode

My game German sphere is doing well. Total nazi victory in SA war, Collaborator victory in Britain, Loyalist victory in Ostland. Only RK Moskowien seem to be losing battle for the Reich.

I know Vichy has like four or five militia, but is there event taking into account the .000001% chance of them beating Burgundy and Brittany? Would that just break the game?

I just looked at the TNO Reddit and apparently there's a glitch where the USA and Japan AI will start WWIII over an event revolving around a shrimp boat (seriously). Has anyone here experienced that?

Status
Not open for further replies.