The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we wait for the last bugs to be ironed out, comrades... it is time to tell the tale of Lysenkonet, a horror show from the inner workings of the dev team.

Deep within the TNO code lies a horror quite unlike any other, one that spawned from the madness of Black Mountain, and has twisted the code around itself like a malignant tumour. The emergent mad intelligence, Lysenko's insanity made manifest in the form of amalgamated trees, event files, and decisions.

The origin of this phenomena begin at the start of development, at the very start of Lysenko's work. Once implementing his focus tree, we found... strange changes outside his files. Namely, the start screen - the introduction of Lysenko had wiped it clean of our minor countries. The intelligence had devoured those surrounding it, and isolated itself from the start screen, to better remain hidden. When we looked into it, we found that Lysenko had deleted his own focus tree, forcing us to restore it from backup. There was no trace it existed at all.

Then, came the AI bugs. Before Lysenko was implemented, the AI worked as normal. Dirlewanger would go to war, the Urals would fight him, and all was well. Until Lysenkonet came for that as well. Glitches began to emerge. Units stood still on frontlines, unwilling to attack. Dirlewanger refused to take focuses. All the while, Lysenkonet sat happily in its mountain vault, watching the chaos it had created spread across the Urals.

The last bugs are being ironed out - long gone are the days of Lysenko dying twice, or every nation becoming Israel, or focus trees spontaneously being deleted. But Lysenkonet lurks... and who knows what influence he holds over the esoteric HOI4 code?

Lysenkonet.png

Does anybody know how to get HOI4 mods from ModDB to work on Steam? I downloaded this around ten minutes ago, but I have no idea how to get the mod to work, since I always get my mods from Steam Workshop.

Extract it to Documents > Paradox Interactive > Hearts of Iron IV > mods

It's a bummer that Panzer and crew weren't able to get the mod to work on Steam, but that's not the end of the world. OTOH now I have to go out of my way to avoid spoilers and gameplay for a while--shouldn't be too hard.

The link I previously posted was a leaked version. Do not use it.

Last edited:
Do you have in plans to create an official soundtrack to this mod?
Hi, I'm the composer.
Yes, a soundtrack is still on the table. It's not currently being worked on (I'm also a localization writer, and we had all hands on deck for the demo). That being said, we do plan to include the soundtrack in the final version of the mod, where it will be a mix of both ambient soundtracks (like Burgundian Lullaby) and instrumental covers of 60s music. My TNOverse 'parody' song covers will be a separate submod.

Status
Not open for further replies.