The M-BAM Main Thread

Ladies and gentlemen, Antarctica
CesyooL.png

You better like it:p, took me all the morning, Antarctica is sooooo huge
Jeremy-Renner.gif

Don't mean to kill the mood, but if you based that Antarctica of QBAM Antarctica, then it's wrong.

QBAM Antarctica is hideously off in some places - just look at the base;

upload_2017-5-24_1-13-3.png

This was taken from the most up-to-date QBAM I could find, and its still off. In case you're wondering, the glaring problem is that where Antarctica intersects the edge of the map should line up on both sides (because they represent points right next to each other on the ground, that are separated by the edge of the map), but they clearly don't. On a Robinson projection (where lines of latitude across the map are constant), this shouldn't happen.

This is just one of the many problems QBAM Antarctica suffers from.

I can see the same problem on the recently posted Antarctica map.

I'm not saying it's a bad map - it must have taken ages to do - but that the base map (I guess) you used is badly off, and in desperate need of improvement.

Last edited:
Don't mean to kill the mood, but if you based that Antarctica of QBAM Antarctica, then it's wrong.

QBAM Antarctica is hideously off in some places - just look at the base;

View attachment 324198

This was taken from the most up-to-date QBAM I could find, and its still off. In case you're wondering, the glaring problem is that where Antarctica intersects the edge of the map should line up on both sides (because they represent points right next to each other on the ground, that are separated by the edge of the map), but they clearly don't. On a Robinson projection (where lines of latitude across the map are constant), this shouldn't happen.

This is just one of the many problems QBAM Antarctica suffers from.

I can see the same problem on the recently posted Antarctica map.

I'm not saying it's a bad map - it must have taken ages to do - but that the base map (I guess) you used is badly off, and in desperate need of improvement.

Again, sorry to dampen the celebration.
Nope, celebration NEVER stops.
Fixed and updated.