The Long Presidency and the New Union.

Q: So you are moving into your second scenario?
A: Yes, I hope you like.

Q: Right... try to not be one sided as the russian empire one... is this based on Kaiserreich?
A: It is based on kaiserreich, but not fully, it is expanded enought for be it's own work, I also read Long biography and did some research on all characters, I really hope you all like this work, and I'm open to all critics if you think I'm being to one sided.

Without more delays...

THE NEW UNION
The history of the Long Presidency and Beyond!

"Any mediocre politician can be kept afloat with people who agree with him. A good politician can be kept afloat with people who might desagree but have some kind of personal relationship with him, but Long went far, he built a house of cards with people who absolutely loathed themselves, that is a anchievement"
New York Times, about Long and the formation of the America First Party, 1934

filibuster_6_huey_long_605.jpg
September 27, 1936.
Atlanta capitol hall, Georgia.

It was a shining day in Atlanta, with the air filled with optimism and cheering as the final pre election convention of the America First Union Party was taking place. A huge stand was mounted in front of the Capitol, as a huge crowd numbering two hundred Thousand people, according to the organizers, had been United for the arrival of the Leader, of the future president, of the person that would bring the USA out of recession without discriminating people based on their race, social class or profission, yes, Senator Huey Pierce Long, the Kingfish was coming. On the stand his candidate for VP, Gerald K. Smith was waiting along with other party officials, while other members of the party awaited inside the Capital, who had been seized by the party for the day, a very easy task since the state governor, Mister Eugene Talmadge was also a member of te AFP. The crowd was exploding with excitement as baloons flew, the star spangled banner and the AFP party flags were moved with the arrival of the figure, using his double breasted White suit with his boater hat, that at the point became one of his trademarks and a obligatory item for his most hardcore supporters. Long cheered the huge crowd while his personal guards kept them contained from breaking into the circuit, while a small girl handed him flowers, a move catched on the right time by his cameraman, and so he arrived at the stand, shaked the hand of K. Smith and waved his hand for the second figure behind him, William Dudley Pelley, the leader of the hardline faction of the AFP, someone that Long had expected to not show up on that ocasion, but he hardly could do anything at this point. As the people cheered the Kingfish took the tissue from his suit pocket and used it to clean his forehead and so the moment came, he approached the microphone and started his speech:
—I confess that when I readed on the newspaper that 200 thousand people were expected on Atlanta just to see myself delivering this speech, I told my beautifull wife: “Rose, I guess you will have a bit of competition for my attention”. — said him, for the cheering of the public and the chuckling of his wife, who standed on a chair along with other dignataries — What we have here today on this clear sunny day of September, is not a group of interest, you people, are not a bunch of ol’oligarchs, or corrupt politicians, or people dissuaded and corrupted by the evils of syndicalism. You are the american people! Every single one of you! From the richest industrialist, who came along with his labourers, to the poorest farmer who left his own small proprierty to listen to me this day, all of you are the american people, the real american people, and you shall decide the future of this country!
As Long took some air, the people began to get out of control, roses were thrown at him, ocasionally falling at the band positioned in the front of the stand that played the instrumental version of “Every man a King” non stop. Long’s personal militia and the local police were doing it’s best to contain the large group of people, almost collapsing under the pressure.

— I’m not here to promote chaos and desorder, but to fight the people who promoted! — continued Long, waving his arm as he Always did on his speeches — I’m here to make the poor and the rich cooperate for the good! For the White and the black to understand their duty for the country! I’m here presenting myself on this moment to be your sword and your shield against the greatest evil that ever have fallen into our country, and what this evil is?
“Syndicalism!” — shouted the crowd, as one.

— Syndicalism, totalitarism, the doctrine of segregation, of the opressed and the opressor, the doctrine that makes woman leaves their husbands, who makes the shop owner and the worker to shot themselves! The doctrine that brought death and destruction to France, to Britain, and left a so huge scar on Russia that they still did not have recovered! And we are going to fight it, on or neighbourhoods, on our schools, on our government buildings and especially, on the ballots!
The crowd rejoiced, as Long proceeded. Pelley seemed very disturbed for the nature of the speech, while Smith had more expectations for the next part:
— And who provocated that? Who let the poor worker’s of the north, of the South, of the West and the east to fall to the temptation of totalitarism? — Long recovered his breath again, and pointed towards the northeast — Washington! Washington DC! But not the city, as we know a city is made of bricks, and the Capitol and the White House too. I’m not talking about the buildings, made by our forefathers, our founding fathers, I’m talking about the people inside them!
As he said that the crowd exploded in emotion, shouts of pride, anger and joy took part of the people who had been dissatisfied with the federal government since the beginning of the great depression, eleven years before, and until now didn’t saw any meaningfull change on their situation.

— The elites of Washington! But not a elite for being rich, as rich people are not the problem, but a political elite! A group of interest with the only objetive of keeping their own power and not caring about the people, about the common man, not only the poor, I repeat, for I’m not a syndicalist, but also for the american entrepreneur who has to close his store or factory as he does not have support against the crisis! For also the middle class, pressed to the brink of falling into poverty, for the man who arrives from the work everyday and sees the bills mounting and knows that if nothing happens, him and his Family will lose everything. Well, I have to say, I will not allow you to lose! We are going to save américa from the crisis, we are going to build a stronger union, a state for everyone, and we are going to replace the corrupt elite of Washington with people who really cares for y’all! America First!
As the crowd continued reacting in full energy, Smith rolled his eyes as he expected Long to blame the Jews under that circunstance. Pelley was also distressed but he had his own plans for the future of the Union, he just needed to keep his base of support growing and... to wait.
— But how? How can we prevent the doomfall of america to Godless syndicalism and to the corrupt political elite, you may ask?
The crowd began to shout again and again “Every Man a King! Share the wealth!”
— We are on a society were one bureocrat in New York and sit on a suitcase full of dollars and light up his cigar on a flaming note of 100 dollars, while the unprotected from the luck are left here without enought Money to survive! This is a reflection of the social inequalities of america, of how the greatest civilization to ever exist was corrupted from the inside by sectors of the bourgeisie!

Shortly behind Long, two old man responsible for his political newsreels discussed:
— Very ironic, I would say, isn't that right Erik?
— Yes Charles... you have to be very experienced to support some kind of racial unity... without condemning segregation, I would say that it is a miracle that this people are not fighting themselves yet.
— Very Well, let's move on, I'm too old for listening for this populistic propaganda, I miss my old Britain a lot.
— You should see South Africa. — commented Erik — It wouldn't be a surprise if a civil war explodes soon...

As Long left with his political allies, roses were thrown into him while he moved inside the capitol, were the last party congress would be taking place. While some massive cheering could be seen and was caught by the very well positioned propagandaman of the Erik A. Brothers Productions, minor disturbances happened all over the city, including pro Pelley militiaman clashing with pro afroamerican rights activists and members of the democratic and republican party going on strike against Long cult of personality.

Continues soon.
My personal thanks for @Alpha-King98760 , Neo Cleo Genesis, the Kaiserreich team and many others.

Last edited:
The America First Party
Abbreviation: AFP
Leaders: Huey Pierce Long, Gerald Smith and Father Charles Coughlin
Senate leadership: Earl Long
Founded: May 1st 1934
Official animal: The Eagle
Youth Wing: The Pioneers
Military wing: None (yet).
Headquarters: New Orleans
Membership (1934) 3.5 million nationwide
Ideology: Right wing populism, Labourism, Christian democracy, American nationalism, Xenophobia, Industrialism.
Official Newspaper: Atlanta Union
Official Newsreel: Erik A. Brothers Productions.
Flag:
3xJIl9s.png

(Courtesy of the Kaiserreich team)

Universal Newsreel, October 1st of 1936:

Title card: The great heat wave continues!
Shots of the great heat wave with a strong music on the background, children playing on hydrants, farms invaded by dust and close up of civilians living on the affected areas, looking depressed or distant.
Narrator: The great heat wave continues through america! On a event that can only be really appreciate by the kids, the average american is still suffering as the long wait for prosperity continues!
From the farms of the midwest until thecattle owners in Texas the people suffers as the tool of the depression and the heavy temperatures and dust clouds gather in America!

Shots of Huey Long making a speech in Charlestown and John Reed gathering his supporters in Detroit
But it is not only in the midwest that the clouds are gathering. This year presidential election is having a massive sweep with the two new figures who preaches to destroy the current political system, Huey Pierce Long, former governor of Louisiana, and John "Jack" Reed, writter and sympatizer of the communards

Long is seem cumplimenting children and afro americans, and walking into a car.
The outspoken southern populist now have the difficult task of keeping together a house of cards, in one hand by allying himself with the most radical southern conservatives, while on the other hand trying to convince the public to accept his progressive views, including the "Share your wealth" program, to the distaste of many of his voters in potential.

John Reed is seem delivering a speech to a crowd of workers on the Ford plant in Detroit, as the public applauds and carries him towards his car.
And now the Champion of the worker's, John "Jack" Reed, a figure who saw the doomed russian revolution and now plans to make his own revolution, a revolution from the ballot as he claims. Reed has managed to gather a massive support with promises of land redistribution, nationalization of major industries to increase the production and return the countless lost jobs on the heavily affected rusty belt and by pushing even more his progressive agenda, something very unpopular in New York, and especially in the Deep South.

Now we move to Italy, were the newest racing competition happen...

Georgia%20Capitol%201930s.jpg

Georgia State Capitol, 1930s.

Long is sitting down with Smith, Pelley, governor Eugene Talmage, Father Coughlin and other figures of the party on a very large desk, to what is going to be the final reunion with the presence of all the higher ups of the party before the election.

— Were is William Borah? — said a impatient Long.
— He had... problems. — said a acessor — Idaho is very far from Georgia and the transportation is not so functional these days...
— That pig... — said Long, uninpressed — But that pig is to be our Secretary of state, how can we expect him to be on my inauguration if he cannot even join us here? Well gentleman, time to business.
Pelley was the first to protest.
— You promissed that you wouldn't support those blacks to me, you said on my face that they would be left alone, as they need to be, but then, you come and say that we should cooperate?
Long stopped for a second, organized his toughs and replied:
— You know... there is a fella from Germany who said somethin' about never lyin' so much as before an election, and if you want to have your job done, you need their votes, don't you?
Long didn't actually supported segregation, but Pelley was needed to give him the vote of the white supremacists, and both sides knew that Long was just using Pelley, however Pelley did had his own plans to fullfill his policy.
— I swear that if you continue to do that... the party will split and you will lose the election. — said a angered Dudley Pelley.
The room went quiet. Had Pelley just menaced the strongest figure on the south? And worse, insulted the whole party? Smith looked on his clock on a attempt to count how many seconds the militiman would take to enter and remove the now traitor, while Coughlin tried to hide his smirk, as without Pelley he would be one step closer into the power. Long took his breat and replied:
— You wouldn't do that, because you know that without me you are a nothing, just a failed southern fiction writter, not even one of the most famous, I must say. — Pelley tried to interrupt Long, but he continued — And yes, you might have the influence of a bunch of people who agree with you but you also know that if we do not win this election you will be over! Over! There will be no more chance for you to leave your old typewritter and join a winning coalition, because no other party, be Garner or Curtis, or even Reed and only the devil know how much I hate to cite him, would accept someone like you, now shut up and let's press into more important matters.
The run went silent again, as Pelley was almost paralized, he wanted to strangle that fat traitor of the race who had just humiliated himself, but as he tough with himself, he need time, yes, time, to win you need to wait the right time and strike someone when they does not posses the high ground anymore, and so he simple sitted again on his chair, without saying a word.
Long adjusted his tie and proceeded, this time he went to Smith.
— Smith, I know I should have said what you wanted about those Wall Street Bankers, but-
Smith interrupted him.
— Opportunity. There is a place for every kind of speech, and it is not the right moment, ain't I right?
— It is. — said Long with a smirk — That is how a politician should act. Can you see? He respects me!
On the other side of the table sat two more people, who both had an outward appearance that screamed "military". The first was Robert E. Wood, a retired U.S. Army Brigadier General to whom Long had promised the important office of Secretary of War, and Fritz Julius Kuhn, a sympathizer of Pelley and an active member of the German community.
— Mister president. — said Kuhn, trying to get on the best side of Long — Me and mister Pelley had finished the projects for the new protectors of the party.
Wood looked distasted with the idea of a new force to compete with the army, but he was not in position to desagree.
— Yeah, proceed. — said Long — It is not quite my area but we need to keep order, we never known when some thug of the CSA is going to throw a grenade int our offices.
LobFSYh.png

The minuteman, the party force of the AFP.¹

— I like the uniforms, how must it will cost? — said Long.
— Enought for us to pay. — replied Smith — But really, is this really necessary?
— Of course it is, what are we going to do after I get into office and the CSA refuses to accept it? We need someone to fight extremist with extremist, as painfull it might be.
It took a while for Long to read the relatories and the information about the organization of the so called "Minuteman", he didn't really cared so much as other people could handle them for him.

The reunion continued very into the night, the to be appointed Secretary of labour Edward Keating announced his very progressive worker's legislation, including the federalization of the Share your Wealth program. Coughlin made his fundamentalist ramblings and a final newsreel was aired on the room.
— Well Gentleman. — said Long, standing — I must say that it is a honour to cooperate with y'all, and remember, Loyalty to the Kingfish, and we will meet again, on a few weeks, in Washington.

The room applauded Long as he left, under the eyes of the cameras for his new newsreel presenting the cooperation of the party against the estabilishment. A few moments later, far away from the eyes of others, Long met Lindberg², were they exanged some words:
— Kingfish... — said the aviator, and a loyal member of his inner circle — It is really worth to be with all this people? Pelley is a trash truck, and I'm not even getting into Coughlin.
Long patted him on the back, and walked together with Lindberg into a more secluded place:
— Do you know the ponzi scheme? — said Long.
— The ponzi, of course I do, the pyramid and everything. — said Lindeberg.
— What is one of it's characteristics?
— It is unsustainable. It collapses.
— And what happens after the pyramid collapse?
— The people in the top... oh. Is mister Machiavelli here?
— No. — said Long, laughing — I actually care about the people, but to make a omelette you need to have eggs, don't you?

¹Special thanks to elmengu for the base and grand-lobster-king for minuteman shirt. Also thanks for Grim.
²The moderate voice of AFP on this timeline.​

Last edited: