Coming up on a year ago, I created and ran a project intended to "simulate" the history of a whole new world, from 3500 BCE to 1955 CE, heavily inspired by the nation battle royales that kind of dominated mapping Youtube a while ago. This would be the final project in a long line dubbed the "Historia" projects, most of which have been lost to history. These projects started off with simple spinner wheels and dice, and got more complex every iteration, for around 20 iterations until we get to this, the final project. Dubbed "Historia Total". I began running the project using the rules established here with some edits over time. I got to the equivalent of 1155 CE before I realised that I could maybe document the history of this project over time on this site, not only as a way to get it out there(as I have tried and failed to do on Reddit), but also to keep myself grounded and more consistent with the running of the "simulation".

Here is the world map as it stands at the moment(very scaled down), 1155 CE. As for the name of the TL, I didn't intend it, but a Bronze Age Collapse did not occur in this timeline, mostly due to the absence of the Hittites, who collapsed early on in the 3rd millenium BCE. I can't describe the 50 pages of stuff that's happened so far, but I will give a list of some major "protagonist nations" that gained my person attention and why they did so.
(sidenote: Many of the names are randomly generated to sound bronze age-ish with lip service given to local languages)

Thrace/Illyria, 3000 BCE- 130 CE
While technically two nations, these two Balkan powers were the first to have a real character to them. Thrace was the black horse of the Bronze Age, getting attacked from every direction yet surviving four consecutive wars between them and neighboring powers, one of whom was Illyria. Illyria and Thrace formed something of the first major historical rivalry, with Illyria allying, then immediately backstabbing Thrace in 1070 BCE, causing the Third Thracian War where Thrace would defend against a three nation coalition, the first major alliance war in history. From then on, they would trade blows over time, constantly one-upping each other. Illyria conquers northern Italy, Thrace conquers Babylon and literally the entire Near East, Thrace befriends Kemet, Illyria befriends Greece. Illyria eventually wins, establishing a Mediterranean empire which was a hope for Europe before it was inevitably conquered and brought to heel by a Slavic super-empire, but not before conquering Thrauta, the successor of their historical rival. When Thrace did conquer the Near East, they formed a close trade relationship with the next protagonist.

Attachments

• longbronzenew.png
    longbronzenew.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Coming up on a year ago, I created and ran a project intended to "simulate" the history of a whole new world, from 3500 BCE to 1955 CE, heavily inspired by the nation battle royales that kind of dominated mapping Youtube a while ago. This would be the final project in a long line dubbed the "Historia" projects, most of which have been lost to history. These projects started off with simple spinner wheels and dice, and got more complex every iteration, for around 20 iterations until we get to this, the final project. Dubbed "Historia Total". I began running the project using the rules established here with some edits over time. I got to the equivalent of 1155 CE before I realised that I could maybe document the history of this project over time on this site, not only as a way to get it out there(as I have tried and failed to do on Reddit), but also to keep myself grounded and more consistent with the running of the "simulation".
The Doc's currently private; maybe change the settings to "anyone with the link can view"?

More "Protagonist Nations"

Kassite Empire, 3000 BCE- 182 CE
Basically this TL's Rome, the unquestioned superpower with weirdly Persian-esque borders who dominated the Near East for centuries, and whose culture would go on to overshadow the rest of history. Verelah, the big green Indian state, is a successor state of theirs. Here's a reddit link since AH won't let me upload the file. The Kassites were my personal pick to take over the world and discover the New World, but unfortunately it fell after a series of unfortunate famines and diseases, one of them coming from their faithful ally Aramea. They also completely rekt the Indo-Aryans. Not much to say about them, they were unquestioned and the sole superpower for a while, especially give the unique circumstances of the world. Their culture was heavily scientific, which allowed the unique ability to absolutely curbstomp anyone they met on the field of battle. The empire collapsed due to a series of famines and rebellions that undid their expansion. However, their scientific discoveries would be carried on by Verelah, an Indian state which adopted their culture and have since used it to dominate their own region, becoming a superpower in their own right.

Korea, 3000 BCE - 600 CE
Instead of a Bronze Age Collapse in the NE, rather one happened in China. The Zhou Dynasty and all neighboring societies completely fell, leaving Korea the sole Asian civilisation left. And they carried the fate of Asia, they completely saved the whole region. Korea's culture of course, became the default in the same way Sinic culture is IRL. Their pupils of Tap-tap(I know, silly name) and the Turkic Khaganate would go on to become their own great empires. Korea itself conquered Japan, and established a colony in the New World, which would disconnect from the rest of Korea and outlive the mainland, only being extinguished by the American natives in 1001 CE. Korea's fate was not grandeur and glory, however, instead it was conquered and divided by it's own brother civilisations, Tap-tap and the Turkic Khaganates.

The Great Asian War

"I have heard stories of the war in the east. I pray that such barbarism will never scar Kemet."
-Pharoah Teseyuy of Kemet, circa 3145 FG.

"The war between Verelah and Taptap which occurred in the early 32nd century, is, without a doubt, one of the most important conflicts in the history of Asia, perhaps even the world."
-The University of Theada, 30th-35th century exhibit, circa 4000 FG.

In 3141 FG(1151 CE), Taptap and Verelah had an exchange of hostilities which escalated into the world's largest conflict yet. The Nubian Wars, the European League, this was it. The greatest war for the domination of Asia. Over half a million troops on each side. On one end, stood Verelah, the meritocratic super state which carried the legacy of the Kassite Empire. On the other end, Taptap, an Asian superpower rising to challenge Near Eastern supremacy. Just one problem, Verelah is super advanced technologically. Building off of lost Kassite knowledge, Verelah has exclusive access to innovations the other nations of the world could only dream of, which made it militarily invulnerable. But not politically. Verelah, unlike it's contemporaries, did not see the consolidation of feudal power that occurred in the other great nations. Instead of being divied up by a few dozen powerful warlords, Verelah remained a disgusting feudal patchwork up until 3119, when the feudal nobles of Verelah began rapidly cannibalising each other, fighting massive wars, staging coups and revolutions, and causing the country to hemorrhage people, money, and land. The most destructive of these incidents was the North Plains War, fought between the house of Lyfial and it's allies, against the house of Fexedi and it's allies. The ensuing war was the first time Verelahn armies would face peer opponents, and the results were horrifying. 5,000,000 soldiers and civilians died in just 3 years of brutal combat which ended in a Lyfial victory, leaving them in control over effectively the whole nation. But the damage was done. This same thing had happened to the Kassites, across the world people began to suspect the imminent collapse of the Oriental Giant, and the sharks smelled blood.

Tap-tap was the first nation to take advantage of this. They had a difficult relationship with Verelah, it was a frenemy type deal. Verelah and Tap were historical allies, having faced off against Nubia together three times, and fighting together against other enemies. Yet the two countries found themselves almost constantly fighting border skirmishes and local wars, so there clearly was some relationship counseling in order. And the Tap-tap emperor would call it, ordering the Verelahn embassy to his mansion. There they were given a list of demands, including territorial cessions and monetary concessions. The diplomats didn't even consider the offer before it was brought to the High Thinker of Verelah, who immediately declared war. When news spread, the world's leaders held their breaths. This could be a turning point. If Verelah lost, so much technology would be lost with them, but so would the world's greatest threat to all other nations. The Pharoah prayed every day for a Tap-tap victory, as it was Verelah who prevented his expansion in former Kassite lands. The king of Kekeoa wanted to seize Verelahn colonies, so he of course wished for a Verelah defeat. This was a global effort, with mercenaries from across the planet coming to Tap-tap to fight.

The conflict was a flawles Verelahn victory. Their technological superiority won out almost every time, with Tap-tap only winning a single major battle. The Verelahn forces were organised, well supplied, and had access to top of the line logistics and weapons, it was like an ant trying to defy a boot. The addition of Verelah's mastery over gunpowder only increased the disparity. The Tap capital was taken after three years of grinding, and the Northern Tap fled, being kicked from their ancestral homeland. It was a great shame for Asia. They had been bested by the Near East, had proven that once again, the dominant worldspace was clear. Not only that, Verelah was now an unquestioned superpower, spanning three continents, 160 million people, and hundreds of cities. Diplomats began making pilgrimages to Dsagar to kiss the ring of the High Thinker, whose prowess in diplomacy had made him the most powerful man to ever live.

And who exactly are the new overlords of the planet?

Verelah(114 CE-~)

Verelah was originally a completely benign state. Squished against the Great Mountain Range, and constantly harassed by their northern neighbors in Khana, Verelah was the example of Indian decline which had dominated the subcontinent for so long. When the Indian Empire was conquered by Aryan invaders, and the Aryan Empire then proceeded to collapse itself, Verelah was one of the remaining political entities. And it was unimpressive. Small, around 150,000 people, a modest economy composed of mostly subsistence farming and local markets, centralised power was near nonexistent in everyday life, theft was rampant and life was short. But the Kassite Empire saw this and saw opportunity, in Verelah they saw not a useless land but a potential base of operations to lead their future Indian invasions. And so, in they marched, set upon taking this small country. And they did, in just a single battle. The Battle of Jyudi. The Battle of Jyudi is a near mythical engagement, so crucial to human history it is the subject of likely dozens of thousands of conspiracy theories. The battle itself was fairly unimpressive in of itself, but the Kassite influences Verelah would adopt set it up for being a major power. Following the collapse of the Kassite Empire, Verelah's independence was re-established and it would hit the ground running, conquering northern India, then going on to Arab Dravidia, the East Indies, and using their scientific prowess to build upon what the Kassites had made and even improving upon it. But it was the Nubian Wars where Verelah truly became great.

Attachments

• asianware.png
    asianware.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 174