The Hammer of America, A TL

Hi, this is my first attempt at a real story, so let me know if you have comments/complaints/its getting more asb than real/things aren't making sense. Also, this may take a while since I haven't thought it all the way through yet, so bear with me.

1921:
February 5: Georgia is occupied by the Bolshevik army.
March 4: Warren G. Harding is inaugurated as president of the United States.
July 1: The Communist Party of China is officially founded.
July 29: Adolf Hitler becomes Fuhrer of the Nazi Party.
August:FDR dies while vacationing at Campobello Island in New Brunswick. The funeral is held 2 weeks later.

To be added to as the story goes on. I will forgo writing new bits of the timeline and just add onto the OP, if it doesn't matter to anyone.

The Vulture

Banned
Well, this is going to make for a hilarious Depression and probably much more extremism (both left and right) than OTL. FDR dies from polio complications, I assume?

flamelord,

I know the answer to this question, but I have to ask anyway. Which Georgia is occupied by the Bolshevik army? The nation close to Turkey, or the state east of Alabama?

With FDR dead, what happens with Elaenor Roosevelt? Will she be as prominent as in real life?

Hi, this is my first attempt at a real story, so let me know if you have comments/complaints/its getting more asb than real/things aren't making sense. Also, this may take a while since I haven't thought it all the way through yet, so bear with me.

1921:
February 5: Georgia is occupied by the Bolshevik army.
March 4: Warren G. Harding is inaugurated as president of the United States.
July 1: The Communist Party of China is officially founded.
July 29: Adolf Hitler becomes Fuhrer of the Nazi Party.
August:FDR dies while vacationing at Campobello Island in New Brunswick. The funeral is held 2 weeks later.

To be added to as the story goes on. I will forgo writing new bits of the timeline and just add onto the OP, if it doesn't matter to anyone.

unfortunately for you, dilvish, it's the country, not the state.

And Vulture, FDR dies because the polio hits while he's swimming and he drowns. Tacky, but it works.

And you are forgiven, Red.

And Vulture, FDR dies because the polio hits while he's swimming and he drowns.

flamelord,

Polio doesn't work that way. The onset is occurs over a few days and usually mistaken for the flu.

Tacky, but it works.

Tacky? More like I couldn't be bothered to type the word "polio" into Google, and it still doesn't work.

Polio can still kill FDR. Campobello is about as Down East as you can get and summoning any doctor more qualified than a general practitioner would be almost impossible. Eleanor nursed FDR during the illness that signaled polio's onset in him. When he was well enough to travel, but paralyzed, the family left the island to seek medical opinions.

Have the disease affect his diaphragm so he'll slowly suffocate. The iron lung has been invented but it won't be used for polio patients until late in the 1920s.

Bill

Sorry, Bill. You are right about me being too lazy to look up polio. And use your imagination as to ho he dies, That's why I left it blank.

Update anyone?

1928:
August 27: The Kellog-Briand Pact is signed, outlawing aggressive war.
November 6: Herbert Hoover is elected President of the United States.
The Same Day: Albert Ottinger is elected Governor of New York.
Stalin launches the First Five-Year Plan.
1929:
March 4: Herbert Hoover is inaugurated as President of the United States
July 27:The Geneva Convention addresses the treatment of POWs
October 24: The Stock Market crashes, ushering in the Great Depression.

I read that party about the Reds occupying Georgia, and go "alright! take that dixicrats!"... then I realize you must mean the nation of Georgia, and not the state. :(

Sorry, Bill.

flamelord,

There's no need to apologize.

And use your imagination as to ho he dies, That's why I left it blank.

His death is one of your PODs and you're leaving it essentially blank?

Surely the cause, manner, and events surrounding his death are somewhat important to your timeline?

Update anyone?

No thanks. If you can't be bothered to research your PODs what does that say about the rest of the timeline?

Bill