The Camelot King and His Pomegranate Queen - A Collaborative Timeline

June 1557-February 1558
June 1557
Ivan IV of Russia and Claude of Denmark have a second daughter, Olga Ivanovna. Eleanor of England is pregnant again.

October 1557
Claude of Denmark announces a new pregnancy.

February 1558
Eleanor of England, Princess of Scandinavia, gives birth to a son, Frederick-Christian.

November 1557
Eleanor of Austria travels with her husband to Castile though their ship is hit with a storm on the way
Wait, which Eleanor? Queen Eleanor of Castile and Aragon, Electress Palatine and Dowager Queen of France died in April 1556.

Last edited:
Eléonore of France? She too died - in childbirth in March 1554 after marrying secretly the Duke of Alba.

1558 - Part 1
The Duchess of Normandy refuse marriage purposes as she is afraid of creating rival claims for Charlotte. Both her children grew up strong and healthy. An attempt to Margaret life fails and Margaret takes precautions. The young Duchess, in this year, created an informer net of which the modern secret services would be envious.

April 1558-March 1559
April 1558
Catherine of Poland has a daughter, Catherine of Brittany.

July 1558
The Grand Duchy of Moscow becomes the Tsardom of Russia. Claude of Denmark, Tsarina of Russia, gives birth to twins Tatiana Ivanovna and Ivan Ivanovich of Russia.

September 1558
Claude of Denmark is pregnant again.

November 1558
The Prince and Princess of Wales have a third daughter named Anne.

January 1559
Princess Claude of Britannia, who has become known as the Peacemaker ever since the Treaty of Rome, dies peacefully. Her son Alan succeeds her as Prince Alan V of Brittania [1].
Conan of Etampes and his wife Michelle have a son, Michel, a little over two years after the birth of their daughter Constance in mid-1556. [2]

March 1559
Claude of Denmark gives birth to a fourth daughter, Maria Ivanovna of Russia.

[1] I kept the numbering of Breton rulers but since this is a new state, he can be known as Alan I if you think it makes more sense.
[2] The child they were expecting when they married.

Last edited:
1559 - Part 1
April, King Ferdinand IV and I, the Old King, King of Naples and Albania dies at 71. His son Frederick II and I succeed on the thrones. Frederick is known as the old Duke as he is already 59, father of 5 and grandfather of 4.

1559 - Part 2
Catherine of Poland is pregnant again as is the Princess of Wales
The new Duke of York celebrates the birth of a son named after himself
Katherine Howard, mistress of Constantine II, gives birth to her final child: a daughter named Elizabeth
Pope Constantine II falls ill but it is not fatal

Last edited:
Catherine of Poland is pregnant again as is the Princess of Wales
The new Duke of York is in need of a wife
Katherine Howard, mistress of Constantine II, gives birth to her final child: a daughter named Elizabeth
Pope Constantine II falls ill but it is not fatal
The new Duke of York is married to Mary Seymour, daughter of Catherine Parr and Thomas Seymour.

March-December 1560
March 1560: Catherine of Poland, Duchess of Britannia, gives birth to a stillborn son.

April 1560: Arthur II of England dies, much to the shock of his family, particularly his wife. He had seemed healthy, but had suddenly passed after a brief and seemingly minor illness. Arthur’s health, height, and strength had been even more legendary than his father, Arthur I. This brings his son, now Arthur III to the throne, along with his wife, Anne of Brittany. Isabella Luisa of Savoy-Milan marries Henry, Duke of Lancaster after a period of morning.

May 1560: Arthur III proclaims his daughter Catherine his heir with the title of Princess of Wales. This comes after Anne of Brittany suffers her third miscarriage in the past year, and is now certainly sterile.

July 1560: James VI of Scotland dies, leaving Catherine of France a widow. His son, James VII, is devoutly Protestant, as is most of the population of Scotland. James marries Philippa of England, sister to the current King. Meanwhile Eleanor of Scotland is betrothed to Feodor Ivanovich of Russia. Catherine foresees a possible union between the Orthodox and Protestant churches. She sends her daughter to live with her future husband.

August 1560: Young Eleanor, precocious and beautiful, arrives at the Russian court. She befriends her sister-in-laws, Olga, Tatiana, Maria, and Anastasia. Ivan IV gives his daughters the title “Grand Duchesses”. Anastasia is betrothed to Arthur, Duke of Ross. Olga is betrothed to John, Prince of Denmark. Tatiana and Maria remain unbetrothed, but are known for their beauty.

September 1560: Blanche III of Navarre delivers a daughter, Maria Catalina of Navarre. She joins her old siblings, Juan Francesco, Prince of Viana (b. 1557) and Blanca Isabella (b. 1559). In between their births, Blanche suffered two miscarriages. Blanche is also close to her stepdaughter, Maria Beatriz. Magdalena Stafford dies alone in her convent. Navarre, after decades of war and strife, finally settles into a peaceful existence.

October 1560: Luis I of Portugal dies. He is succeed by his uncle, Manuel II of Portugal. His son, Juan, Prince of Portugal, and his wife, Maria of England, Princess of Portugal, welcome a second son, Alfonso. They already have two other children, Beatrice (1556-1558), and Juan (b.1558). Elizabeth Louise, Duchess of Lancaster, gives birth to a stillborn daughter. The Lancaster’s are a terribly unhappy couple. The couple live separately.

November 1560: The terrible sweating sickness sweeps through England, killed Henry, Duke of Lancaster and King Arthur III. Due to the lack of male relatives, Queen Catherine I has an amazingly smooth transition to Queenship. Anne of Brittany and Beatrice of Portugal are the regents for the child-Queen.

7DDA1DA9-6ED5-4918-B5A2-53BA044CB6BC.jpeg

Catherine I, Queen of England

December 1560: Catherine is presented to the London public as their Queen. The Arthurian age has ended. England has its first Queen Regnant. This is a new age, both for England, and the world.

Last edited:
Thank You For Participating
I would firstly like to thank everyone who participated in this collaborative timeline. It has been a lot of fun, and I am finding out I really enjoy doing collaborative timelines. This combination of ideas made for a very interesting and entertaining timeline. One again, I thank everyone. I hope you will be pleased to know that I plan on starting another collaborative timeline very soon, with what I am sure is an interesting POD. Hope you can participate! This has been a fun ride! Have a lovely day.

I would firstly like to thank everyone who participated in this collaborative timeline. It has been a lot of fun, and I am finding out I really enjoy doing collaborative timelines. This combination of ideas made for a very interesting and entertaining timeline. One again, I thank everyone. I hope you will be pleased to know that I plan on starting another collaborative timeline very soon, with what I am sure is an interesting POD. Hope you can participate! This has been a fun ride! Have a lovely day.
It has been a pleasure.

Just back from work to find the 1560 chapter. I really enjoyed participating in this TL. Looking forward to the final family trees. They're going to look grand!