The Burning Cauldron: The Neo Assyrian Empire Defended

Of your land, of Assyria, you are the lord: be a mighty lord, a vindictive prince! May your supreme power always be its protection, and may it support its fight! O lord, for your land Assyria, do not leave your beneficial arm inactive! O Ashur, great lord, king of the gods, Assyria is yours! O Assyrian Enlil, lord of all the lands, Assyria is yours!
Oh Great Lord it's back!

I was having a pretty rubbish day until I logged on here, incredibly excited to see more.

Just caught up on this TL. It reawakened my old love for Antiquity and I am impressed with the research and level of detail.

I really love how... alien this world is, the world of an Assyria which never fell.

Loved that reintroduction, Epic Intro Narration energy - think WH40K intro blurb, or Fallout intros, or Star Wars intro blub.

As for the war: I think the Great King can win but its looking pretty bad.

I feel like the Loyalist-Guest alliance can win but there will be a big concession to the Persians somehow. The Kalhu Codex speaks well of Cyrus II so I feel there's something there.

Its very possible Cyrus II (is that the same one from OTL?) can conquer Assyria or even Karduniash, but I feel it would be less on the Persians' terms and more akin to a "Triple Monarchy".

I would not be surprised if we got break-away Assyrian Remnant States. Southern Protectorate, the Aram Clique and the Hatti Governate seem well positioned for this, if they manage to resist foreign attackers like Kemet.

I was a bit confused re: Binary Heresy. Did Surbanipal support the Heresy as a ploy to break the power of the Ten Fingers? The thing feels like they discussed for five minutes and the Great King rose up saying "Ishtar-Gula is based!"

Seems like they were divinizing the Emperor out of his power, so Celestial he doesn't even touch governance. Like the Emperor of Japan.

Can't wait for more updates in the future!

I was a bit confused re: Binary Heresy. Did Surbanipal support the Heresy as a ploy to break the power of the Ten Fingers? The thing feels like they discussed for five minutes and the Great King rose up saying "Ishtar-Gula is based!"
Something that makes me a little confused about this heresy is how little Ashur, the national god of Assyria, is exalted. But that makes sense since this heresy was born far from the Assur-Nineveh-Arbela Triangle.