The Bundesgrenzschutz (1951 - 2005)

I've found a blog post giving details of WWII (& WWII) derived equipment used by the German Bundesgrenzschutz during it's lifetime. There are several images in the post which thanks to the BSGs use of the M35 Stalheim (& the later M35/53 version) which have a distinctly disorienting quality, the sight of Stallhem wearing soldiers in close proximity to Bell UH-1s such as in the image below have a distinctly disorienting character.

1970.jpg

The full blog post is linked below.

https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/wwii-equipment-of-the-bundesgrenzschutz/

I've seen the article before, many of them seem very Metal Slug-esque to me, what with WWII-ish equipment coexisting with early to mid cold war ones.

I've not seen Metal Slug, but I have seen the film Bridge of Dragons which pulls off the same thing, all the 'goon level' soldiers wear WWII era German uniforms while driving around in 1960s era Russian built trucks with the Red Star replaced with '666'.

The M35 helmet were used by the German Bundesgrenzschutz far into 1970s
Even longer by GSG 9 the elite tactical unit of Bundesgrenzschutz.

In contrast the German Military in 1955 was equip from begin with the United States Army M1 Helmet
please note that the Bundesgrenzschutz is first federal police organization in West Germany after World War II.
and in 1951 used available Equipment left over from WW2

is very likely that Picture show a GSG 9 unit during training

the M35 helmet was used until 1997 by Fire departments and replaced by new Design and again in 2015
by this modernized version...
alex-015-2.png

I've not seen Metal Slug, but I have seen the film Bridge of Dragons which pulls off the same thing, all the 'goon level' soldiers wear WWII era German uniforms while driving around in 1960s era Russian built trucks with the Red Star replaced with '666'.
Metal Slug is a video game series, and said enemy soldiers you face in most of them have this design (it's concept art though):
latest