Thank God for Fuck ups: Bush loses Texas

rightfully giving the election to Gore w/o all of the meddling and insanity.
?Did you have to editorialize? Leaving off the Rightfully would give the sentence a neutral tone. Remembre the NY Time/Miami Herald total recount gave Florida to Bush.

Declaring a part of the Constitution to be unconstitutional wouldn't work. At all.
While the US Supremes have not quite gone that far [ the Arizona Supremes have declared a State Amendment Unconstitutional] they have come close.
In the 1930's they throw out the constitutional Definition of Money,saying Congress's rite to Mint Money gave Congress the rite to override the definition.
And in a 1959 Decision they declared the tenth Amendment -- Mute and Meaningless.

I did warn of my political orientation, and certainly everyone on this board and a man named Dewey know that just because a major news service declares someone a winner, that doesn't mean they'll be the winner in the morning. :)

BTW: I'm not exactly sure how to change the title. I agree its immature, and I really ought not to post something 5 min after screaming at the CNN comment board. If someone could edit, I'm ok with it.

When it becomes public knowledge that Cheney forgot to mail the postcard changing his voter registration. He becomes an object of ridicule Gore wins the election. If no-one notices the mistake until is absentee ballot is rejected on election day. Then the Texas electors can't vote for him no-one is elected Vice President, then on January 6, 2001, the Senate has to choose the Vice President. Vice President Gore casts the tie breaking vote that elects Joe Lieberman. In 2004, Bush and his running mate ( probably not Cheney) win. Lieberman is rewarded for his support for the Iraq war by getting the job of Secretary of Homeland Security.