Terror in Littleton: How a tragedy shaped a nation

As this ATL Columbine would be viewed as a generational trauma (as in, a tragedy on the level of Pearl Harbor, JFK, 9/11, etc.), I do have an honest question:

Would the news networks interrupt regular programming in a series of news bulletins* like in OTL, or would all regular programming be suspended and replaced with constant wall-to-wall news coverage for several days (which is what happened with JFK and 9/11 in OTL)?

*For those who don't understand what I mean, CBS News in OTL interrupted Guiding Light to break the news and provide updates on the Columbine massacre.

Deleted member 191087

Hey, good to see you again Cecil, hope you’ve been doing alright. Anyways, bleak but great chapter! Unfortunate that guys like Nader couldn’t ever possibly hope to win in this environment now, but I still somehow hope that someday things will get better eventually, even if not now.

As this ATL Columbine would be viewed as a generational trauma (as in, a tragedy on the level of Pearl Harbor, JFK, 9/11, etc.), I do have an honest question:

Would the news networks interrupt regular programming in a series of news bulletins* like in OTL, or would all regular programming be suspended and replaced with constant wall-to-wall news coverage for several days (which is what happened with JFK and 9/11 in OTL)?

*For those who don't understand what I mean, CBS News in OTL interrupted Guiding Light to break the news and provide updates on the Columbine massacre.

It would be wall to wall coverage for days. The carnage is just too extreme for anything else.

Hey, good to see you again Cecil, hope you’ve been doing alright. Anyways, bleak but great chapter! Unfortunate that guys like Nader couldn’t ever possibly hope to win in this environment now, but I still somehow hope that someday things will get better eventually, even if not now.

Thank you, I've been busy from a combination of real life and research I've needed to take to paint the kind of picture I want. Future updates are unfortunately going to be slower to come by in the future, but I can assure readers that this timeline is not going to die. It'll just take some time. 🙂

I'm very intrigued by the premise, I'm hooked. I'm just wondering how 9/11 will pan out or even happen at all

Thank you. I have some plans for how 9/11 will play out.

Deleted member 191087

Thank you, I've been busy from a combination of real life and research I've needed to take to paint the kind of picture I want. Future updates are unfortunately going to be slower to come by in the future, but I can assure readers that this timeline is not going to die. It'll just take some time. 🙂
Nice to hear that Cecil! Just make sure to take your time and don’t stress!

100% the same. The mid 2000s were not a fun time for me, so seeing this is like… well I very much despised high school.
I had been bullied for years and reached the point where I finally had enough and fought back.

Unfortunately that time was two weeks after Columbine. I didn't end up as fucked as kids in this TL, but it was pretty unpleasant.

Regarding Dubya, I guess TTL's America can say goodbye to the separation of Church and State.
That's so absurd I don't even know where to begin. Bush has a TINY bit more support than he did OTL, and most of that is based off the republican education stance. Anybody expecting vast revolutionary changes to the political systems of the US is going to be disappointed. Hell we've gotten peaks into the future in previous updates. All that seems to be happening is that the moral panic is lasting longer and the police state is focused in the schools rather than the airports.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it too, but boy is it reminding me how much I hated high school.
The mid 2000s were not a fun time for me, so seeing this is like… well I very much despised high school.
I had been bullied for years and reached the point where I finally had enough and fought back
As someone who still very much wants revenge on everyone who made my life a living hell there, I can relate

I tried fighting back as well, didnt have anything like Columbine in my country so I could do that, but with people loving to harass neurodivergent people no matter the school I moved to and with my country's culture romanticizing the idea that "who has authority is always right" you can imagine how well it went for me

Overall though, great timeline and horrifyingly realistic

Election wikibox
I have made some wikiboxes about the 2000 elections, to make the results easier to visualize. I had to guess the popular vote for the Senate election, but it isn't really that relevant, the important part is the map.

Littleton2000Elections.png
Littleton2000ElectionsFix.png

Last edited:
I have made some wikiboxes about the 2000 elections, to make the results easier to visualize. I had to guess the popular vote for the Senate election, but it isn't really that relevant, the important part is the map.

This is much appreciated since I don't know how to make wikiboxes myself.