How long should each player's turn last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rather end this edition at the current plan, I don't really want to risk jinxing it lol. Next round we could try that. Also I'm not sure how well it would work given that it's very likely the maps would override each other

I'll say that people are free to do as they wish after this round closes, so if someone wants merge the maps after they've all been revealed, feel free to do so. However, I'm planning on launching the 5th Edition relatively soon after the 4th Edition finishes up.

I'll say that people are free to do as they wish after this round closes, so if someone wants merge the maps after they've all been revealed, feel free to do so. However, I'm planning on launching the 5th Edition relatively soon after the 4th Edition finishes up.
Fair enough.

Would anyone be interested in trying to make sense out of everything? Maybe trying to make a world map or....something if possible.

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
Fair enough.

Would anyone be interested in trying to make sense out of everything? Maybe trying to make a world map or....something if possible.

Hahah, not for my branch. I'd say I took a lot of.... artistic liberties with mine, but not entirely contradict the former map, to say without spoiling too much.

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
I think like the MotF mapgames, we should let the players themselves post the maps and allow people who are more interested take a gander at the telephone map thread itself.

I think like the MotF mapgames, we should let the players themselves post the maps and allow people who are more interested take a gander at the telephone map thread itself.
Players can definitely do that as they wish, but I also want to display the maps so that they are the first thing that people see coming on to the thread. Additionally, I want to make them easy to sort, organize, and view using the spoiler function rather than being spread out across several pages of thread.

For example: someone comes to the page and wants to explore a branch of the tree. To explore the 1.3.7.16 branch (Zalezsky, Wolfhound, aurantiacis, nucleep), they could click on each spoiler and have that branch and only that branch laid out for them.

Last edited:
I rather end this edition at the current plan, I don't really want to risk jinxing it lol. Next round we could try that. Also I'm not sure how well it would work given that it's very likely the maps would override each other
I'd say the focus is finishing the initial list. But I wouldn't mind if people share their maps to produce bonus content of sorts. As long as it doesn't affect the other players.

Fair enough.

I actually did try to make a trans-ocean WorldA map for my map early in the chain but decided it was too large in scope in terms of the world. I still have the file so I could always fix it up to be canon with the other entries.

I actually did try to make a trans-ocean WorldA map for my map early in the chain but decided it was too large in scope in terms of the world. I still have the file so I could always fix it up to be canon with the other entries.
Pending the results of this round I'd be willing to work on that with you.

1585662483339.png
1585662483339.png

I feel like this form of decentralized game is nice since it goes a lot faster. Yet at the same time I kinda miss the narrative and evolution of only having 1 or 2 threads

Also, concept, just spitballing here: Reverse Telephone Map game, set up like this one, except in reverse, so the first week would have the most maps, and the job of each subsequent map is to condense the two previous maps into one map that could fit in the same timeline as both of the previous maps.

Also, concept, just spitballing here: Reverse Telephone Map game, set up like this one, except in reverse, so the first week would have the most maps, and the job of each subsequent map is to condense the two previous maps into one map that could fit in the same timeline as both of the previous maps.

Could (in fact probably would) be rather hard but a fascinating concept none the less. Would be great if done right.

I like that idea. Would it be possible to have two games going at once?