Succesful Sealion

What if Adolf Hitler had managed to win air superiority in the Battle of Britain and then invaded Britain in an amphibious invasion?

Thank you. And I didn't get much answers even when I searched "Sealion".

To clarify: after length discussion, we've concluded that Operation Sealion was so magnificently ill-concieved that not even Adolf Hitler authorised it, which is saying something, and would have resulted in a nasty and embarrasing loss for the Germans. This conclusion has been coming under some challenge recently, but...

"Operation Sealion" has taken on a memtic, legendary status. Our board's official mascot is a fuzzy sealion toy who travels the world plotting his sinister Nazi invasion, and "What if Operation Sealion went ahead?" is the archetypeal first thing a new member asks before he's familiar with the boards customs.

So, read the pointers, welcome aboard, good luck!

Congradulations! You have won the award for the ONE TRILLIONTH SEALION THREAD! :rolleyes:

Anyway, for what it's worth, a Nazi invasion of Britain (be it successful or not) is concievable with a sufficient POD, but certainly not the Sealion plan itself.

What if Adolf Hitler had managed to win air superiority in the Battle of Britain and then invaded Britain in an amphibious invasion?

RUN! Quick, I'll distract them!

The Roman Empire would have invented gunpowder, China will rule the world, the US will balkanise after oil runs out, Japan was always a rich developed country on par with the west... etc...

By the way, have you ever noticed that you all reminds me a bunch of medieval religious fanatics when someone mentioned "operation sealion"?

"What? Earth is round? How dare you, you heretic!"

Alternate history means huge number of different timelines, so please, be creative and don't just say "It is not possible". Read some quantum physics where everything is possible.

And how exactly does one mong arse? You weird British people... :p

Well, it originated with the line from Hamlet ("Excellent well. You are a fishmonger.") And it morphed into such delightful variations as "Arsemonger!", "Cockmonger!", "Bitchmongery!", and "Sulphurous Shitmongery!" because...

Yes, actually, we are wierd. :p

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
:eek::eek::eek:
:eek::eek:
:eek:

NO!

Not Again!!!!!!
The Search feature is your friend. Use it.

Welcome aboard.​

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
By the way, have you ever noticed that you all reminds me a bunch of medieval religious fanatics when someone mentioned "operation sealion"?

"What? Earth is round? How dare you, you heretic!"

Alternate history means huge number of different timelines, so please, be creative and don't just say "It is not possible". Read some quantum physics where everything is possible.

Read some history where, in THIS reality, on THIS planet, in THIS universe, in THIS time line, everything ISN't possible.

There is, based on current String theory, an infinite number of universes. Somewhere, in one of those, Sea Lion could happen. This isn't that Planet.

I suggest you brush up on your quantum. It doesn't indicate what you seem to think.

Of course, if you think you can come up with a workable method, by all means post it. Just because every reasonable military professional, every Staff College study, every professional historian, and everyone here thinks it isn't possible doesn't mean it isn't

I, for one, look forward to your scenario.