Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread III

Even if Kat survives this its going to have one he'll of an effect on all her children... And you can bet the imperial court is going to be out for blood.

Ah Peabody up to your old tricks I see. What shit are you going to surprise us with? Is Daughter to take on her mantle to revenge her??

Yeah something about this feels strange especially since it’s not like her death would stop the money being a lingering problem, unless the hope is for it to cut the head off the snake of the criminal side via the backlash.

ferdi254

Banned
If it is as presented so far it is basically suicide by killer. Kat has all imaginable means available to stop the killers with just one phone call.

Honestly, if this doesn't end with "and then neighbors machine gunned the thugs" I'm severly disappointed, Kat has so far been eminently practical, there should be no reason to grab that idiot ball this tight

Part 131, Chapter 2239
Chapter Two Thousand Two Hundred Thirty-Nine

18th August 1973

Tempelhof, Berlin

“It was not your fight” Kat said, clearly annoyed that there had been such an intrusion into what she regarded as her business alone.

“Fight, you think that was just a fight?” Petia asked, completely furious about Kat’s nonchalance over what had happened over the prior hours. “Have you completely lost your mind?”

Darya had never seen her grandmother as angry as she was right now. She had followed Kat’s instructions, but when she had gotten up into the servant’s quarters, she had found them empty though. Her grandmother and her people had been down in the streets picking off the intruders along with several other of those called the Russian Sisters. There had also been a few men husbands and sons along with those who were supposedly workers at the Japanese Embassy who had helped. Unfortunately, Kat had not exactly been grateful afterwards.

“No” Kat replied, “I am thinking very clearly, and do you have any idea what you have done? There are what? Thirty or so bodies hidden around here? Do you honestly think that Strauss is going to let this go?”

Darya knew that Kat was referring to Franz Josef Strauss, the State Prosecutor for the City of Berlin. He had been recruited from outside the City because he was not beholden to Kat or her family. The result was that they had taken on an adversarial role over the last decade. Everyone knew that he hated Kat and felt that she was little more than a criminal who happened to be a little smarter and more ruthless than her contemporaries who had ended up in prison, where Strauss was said to think Kat belonged. No one would put it past him to go after anyone close to Kat and the Russian sisters were the very definition of that.

“They were here to kill you” Petia said flatly.

“Do you think that I don’t know that?” Kat asked wearily.

There was something odd about the way that Kat was responding to Petia, she just seemed incredibly tired. Darya had seen it in the days leading up to the attack on the house. If anything, this was making Petia livider, if that was even possible. Darya’s grandmother had warned her that when Kat went through times of depression and ennui. Were the events of the last few hours the direct result of that?

“No, stupid girl, I think that you just found yourself a different bridge this time” Petia said coldly, “But it is no longer just about you, it hasn’t been for a long time. We saved you at considerable risk to ourselves because it serves us better than not doing it. As for Strauss, he can go fuck himself.”

In all the time that Darya had working in Kat’s household, she had never seen Kat surprised. Her grandmother’s comment had the impact of a slap across the face. What did she mean by a different bridge?

“You overstep your bounds” Kat said to Petia, every word dripping with rage.

“I am one of few who knew you before became you had those boundaries, you once told me to always tell when you were acting stupid, and you are” Petia replied angerly, “All of this could have been avoided if you had made a simple phone call but didn’t.”

Darya had never seen anything like this.

That was when Kat threw up her hands in exasperation. It was clear that she didn’t want to continue this conversation.

“Please tell me that you got all of them” Kat said.

“About that” Petia replied, “We might have a problem.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

The room was cold, which was shocking considering that it had been a relatively hot afternoon the day before. At least Tom thought it had been the day before. He had no idea how long he had been stuck in this room in pitch black, tied to a chair.

As it had turned out, Czcibor had been correct about it being a trap. Not that the Pole had enjoyed the satisfaction. He had been being lead by Karlheinz when they had stumbled on the Tigress. Suppressed fire from an MP5 was unmistakable, especially it was chewing through human bodies. It was only then that they discovered that there was nowhere to run. The best streetfighters that the Organization had had been ruthlessly cut down by women who looked like Tom’s mother and they had never seen it coming. The absurdity of it was galling.

There was sound of metal scraping on metal, then a click and overhead lights came on and three women entered the room. An elderly woman looked at Tom, disgust evident in her eyes. The woman standing next to her was instantly recognizably as the Tigress, whose cold eyes seemed to bore right through Tom. The two of them were talking to each other in what sounded like Russian. A third, much younger woman, looked scared.

“You need to tell them what they want to know Thomas” The younger woman said, making evident that they already knew his name.

“I would sooner die” Thomas said with more bravado than he actually felt.

“There are worse things than that” The younger woman said, “My grandmother and the Kurfürstin are debating where to start.”

“Exactly what is that supposed to mean?”

“Feeding you your eyes or your balls” The younger woman replied.

It was that instant that Tom realized that he had been unable to hear anything until these women had entered the room. This place was soundproofed to the extent that no one would hear the screams if they did that. According to the rumors, the Tigress had done what the younger woman was saying she would in the past. And Tom was helpless to stop her. No matter what the outcome was, the Boss was not going to like it.

Last edited:
“Every time I try to get out, they bring me back in”.
Hiding 30+ bodies is going to be hard but I understand that there is a lot of marsh land around Berlin and things that go in to the marsh tend to stay hidden.
There are always construction projects that the late attackers can be part of the foundation and cornerstones.
Don’t forget the auto junkyards that are run by “Friends of Kat” where a couple of bodies can be put in the trunk “or boot” then the cars are crushed and later sent to be melted down.
But the thing that concerns me the most is that I can’t believe that Kat would just give up like that when she has her children and Sophie around that needs her.

Given the population of Berlin and the fact most, if not all, are career criminals in an organization, 30 bodies of their ilk spread around the city and environs might not be noticed.

But the thing that concerns me the most is that I can’t believe that Kat would just give up like that when she has her children and Sophie around that needs her.
Depression is insidious, making sure that the people she cared about would not become collateral damage was the best she could do.

Depression is insidious, making sure that the people she cared about would not become collateral damage was the best she could do.
Someone dropped the ball with Kat, from my personal experience with my Grandmother with Manic-Depression Kat should have at least had a session with a psychiatrist once a month to monitor her mood and at this point IOTL there is a pharmaceutical revolution going on in the treatment of depression and other mental ailments which should have lead to Kat having a blood test done at the same time of any psychiatric session to see if she is taking her prescribed medication as directed.
The problem is that people in the midst of depression and other mental ailments often will not ask for help and this has been true with Kat only getting help when explicitly ordered to and she has never in my memory has asked for help on her own.
Dr. Peter Holz is going to be informed of this situation and has to find someone that Kat can trust in treating her and not get bullied by Kat which is a tall order in of itself.
Peter is no longer effective in treating Kat and hasn't been for a long time so he may have missed some of the signs that Kat is in a depressive state currently.

A remote pig farm and an industrial wood chipper is rather effective for corpse disposal I believe, do remember to completely destroy and meltdown the wood chipper once the task is done though.