Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

FBKampfer

Banned
PM is a far better writer than to have Mithras bebsome rejected neckbeard manchild.

I'm wondering when señor Arbusto is going to appear behind the scenes of this unfortunately unsuccessful movement.

PM is a far better writer than to have Mithras bebsome rejected neckbeard manchild.

Now I'm picturing the TL where Mithras becomes the idol for r/incel. Thanks for that you bastard.

I'm wondering when señor Arbusto is going to appear behind the scenes of this unfortunately unsuccessful movement.

If he's in any way involved, and I doubt he is as he would have seen this going tits up from a mile away, it is only in the selling of weaponry.

Even then, that would be through at least a dozen intermediaries

Last edited:
Would explain why so many attemps around her while she has a fer more more people ahead of her in royal succession.

Kiki is just an easier target to locate, and has less protection than most of her siblings.
Friedrich is probably as well guarded at all times as the Kaiser and wouldn't even be allowed to go somwhere that wasn't vetted by his security. To reach young Louis you'd need to basically board or sink a warship, and the middle one (Michael, I guess?) is either guarded nearly as well as Freddy, being the future King of Bohemia, or in the middle of a Panzer unit.
The twins might be a softer target, maybe, but they probably have a competent and discrete security detail wherever they go to compensate, and are less obstructive about their own safety and liable to take individual risks than Kiki.

Last edited:

ferdi254

Banned
Unless something has changed ITTL compared to the practice of OTL Kaiserreich rules for criminal investigations which has not been written down so far... I would give those would be revolutionaries 20-25 min under "intense" interrrogation before they start spilling.

Unless something has changed ITTL compared to the practice of OTL Kaiserreich rules for criminal investigations which has not been written down so far... I would give those would be revolutionaries 20-25 min under "intense" interrrogation before they start spilling.
Especially with figures who would've been in the Gestapo still serving the Kaiserreich. IIRC Heinrich Mueller (OTL Gestapo Director ) is seen earlier ITTL

Was not impliying anything negative about the author like the story a lot ( think it s my favorite here for how long i followed it and all ). It s just the way Mithras is written it seem so personal for him about Kiki and it beings the 3rd time incident around her ( the stalkers in the wood when she was on boat, bombs near her(that one might have been a happenstance :p and the shooting after) and now this failed ambush. It s probably someone known or similar for something vaguely different (the v8 club owner, richie valens, jfk, mother teresa, hitler had all vastly different lifes in this tl.

Part 98, Chapter 1547
Chapter One Thousand Five Hundred Forty-Seven

9th March 1963

Langeoog Island

The storm that had been gathering during the day, tonight wind rattled the windows and rain pounded the roof. The power had gone out hours earlier and Kat knew that it would probably be the next day or later before service was restored. That was why the parlor was lit only by fire that was burning in the fireplace. Marie had come with her so that she could spend the weekend with her mother as an early birthday present of sorts had fallen asleep on the sofa leaning on Kat. For tonight at least, it was just them. Which was exactly what Kat had wanted, spend this sort of time with her youngest daughter before she grew too old. Douglas was coming with Petia, Jo, Tatiana and Malcolm in the morning. Next week, Marie would have a party with her friends on her actual birthday but that would not be the same.

Earlier, Kat had given her the emerald pendent on its silver chain and hairpins that had been given to her by Aunt Marcella years earlier. When she had discussed which of her daughters should receive those heirlooms with Doug, he had said that Tatiana was the most likely to inherit Kat’s mantle of the Tigress. Marie on the other hand was far more likely to be the next emerald, as much as Kat had hated it when the press had called her that. It made perfect sense and while Kat intended to place the jewelry back in storage for safekeeping until Marie was old enough, she had made a point of giving them to her that afternoon shortly after they had arrived. Before diner, Kat had spent a few hours showing Marie how to pin up her hair and that had turned out to have been enjoyable. Then the power had gone out.

Cleaning up after dinner by candlelight had been a bit of a challenge. Afterwards Kat and Marie just talked about the random things that she was interested in. At just a few days shy of her seventh birthday, Marie’s personality was still gelling. It was fun though to listen to her talk about wanting to go on adventures with Cheshire, the tabby cat who she had wanted to bring on this trip. Doug had explained to her that cats mostly don’t travel, preferring to live in the house of their people for their entire lives, so Cheshire had stayed in Tempelhof.

The events of this week were also a welcome escape from what had been going on elsewhere. The Emperor had recently asked her opinion of what had happened to Kiki, as far as Kat could tell her training and personal abilities had won out this time. According to Louis Ferdinand, the young men they had captured were talking, one was even bragging about what they had done. Those investigating the matter had discovered that they were actually a dead end, the organization they were trying to take down was structured in a manner so that taking down one or two cells might not get them as close to the nebulous leadership as they wanted. Right now, all they had was the name Mithras, which was that individual’s obvious nom-de-guerre. Beyond suggesting that the investigation continue at its own pace and that Kiki needed to stop taking so many risks, Kat had nothing more to say on the subject. This time she simply had too much on her plate and didn’t want to interfere with the ongoing investigation.

Tempelhof, Berlin

Kiki woke up with a start, unsure as to where she was.

The room was dark, and she could feel someone hugging her from behind. Then the memories came back to her. She had gone out on a date with Ben and had made a few mocking toasts to Kiki as the first woman inducted into the Military Order of Saint Henry. Eventually they had ended up sneaking into his parent’s house and had spent a couple hours going over hundreds of pages of the application that he was working on if he wanted to join the Raumfahrer training program in Peenemünde. With his background as a Reserve Officer in the Luftwaffe, as well as his studies including Astronomy and Physics, Kiki figured that he probably would be accepted if he ever managed to get a degree of some sort. Kiki figured that she must have fallen asleep while he had worked on that, as she tried to remember the layout of Ben’s room. Finding the lamp on the bedside table, Kiki clicked it on and was blinded by the sudden light.

“Sorry” Kiki said as she extracted herself from Ben’s embrace and took a minute to find her glasses that he must have put on the bedside table. It was to her great relief that she was still fully clothed. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust Ben, if Kiki was being honest, it was that she didn’t exactly trust herself in that regard. Katherine had once warned her that sex, death and rebirth were all bound up in each other. After what had happened near Ortrand, she would want to do something life affirming to keep from going insane and that was a good way to end up pregnant. Kiki realized in that moment that Kat was talking from personal experience and didn’t want to know the story of how Kat must have figured that out.

“Sorry I got into bed with you” Ben said drowsily, “You were having a nightmare and you only stopped when I held you.”

Looking at her watch, Kiki realized that it was the early morning hours. She couldn’t remember the last time she had slept for that long. “Go back to sleep Ben” Kiki said before she kissed him goodbye before heading out the door. She made it down the stairs, to the front hallway before she was intercepted by Nadine.

“Exactly where do you think you are going Kristina?” Nadine asked, her voice full of anger. “Trying to sneak out of this house the same way you came in?”

“Nothing happened” Kiki replied, last night anyway. “And even if it did, Ben is an adult, he can…”

“Benjamin lives in my house and that includes my rules” Nadine hissed at her, “He disregarded those for you, and I am tired of it.”

“What do you have against me?” Kiki asked. She had never understood Nadine’s animosity.

“I don’t like you because you sneak around” Nadine replied, something that was impossible to deny in this situation. “And when you are asked about yourself, the things you say feel like lies and half-truths.”

“I don’t have much of a choice” Kiki said, “Just a few weeks ago some people I was responsible for nearly got killed just because I was there. Ben is separate from that world, so are you, can’t you understand…”

It had hardly been her intention to start crying, but after weeks of having to play the role of the stoic commander she just couldn’t do it anymore.

Honestly, Ben and Kiki need to have a talk with his mother over this, it hurts all parties to keep this semi-hidden life, and it need to be properly dealt with before Nadine winds up doing something that hurts not only herself but puts Kiki’s personal life on the spot in the public eye.

Honestly, Ben and Kiki need to have a talk with his mother over this, it hurts all parties to keep this semi-hidden life, and it need to be properly dealt with before Nadine winds up doing something that hurts not only herself but puts Kiki’s personal life on the spot in the public eye.

Kiki introducing Mr & Mrs Hersch.to her parents would.do so nicely I think.

Well that will only feed the bad impression Ben's mom has of Kiki.

Of course she has a chance here now. She doesn't know what is going on and only sees a low-life potentially criminal girl. If she can get over that and comfort her when she needs it that would buy a ton of goodwill. It would make for a much better relationship with her in the future than if she only came around after Kiki revealed the truth of her identity.

If she only sees a simple girl in over her head that needs comforting that might be exactly what Kiki needs and that would make for a much better relationship in the future with her even if Kiki and Ben only stay friends.

Also if Kiki wants to pull strings to help Ben she would not even have to do the whole princess thing. She could ask Sigi her co-worker and secret aunt to look over Ben's application for tips or maybe ask her pseudo Aunt Kat who lives across the street from Ben to invite him over the next time she has dinner with her brother-in-law and bring up the topic.

Ben might not want that, but a certain amount of connections might be necessary to land Ben's dream job.

How clueless is Nadine? Kiki's picture must have been plastered on every newspapers' front page for a week. Not mentioning the evening tv news.

How clueless is Nadine? Kiki's picture must have been plastered on every newspapers' front page for a week. Not mentioning the evening tv news.
Not that hard to believe. Shakira went to college once for a semester, registered with her middle name, and just wore plain clothes and no makeup.

Nobody noticed.

Regardless, Ben's going to have his personal explosion with his mother, if not outright calling her an idiot to the face, telling her that the FULL formal name of Kiki, and a helluva of other things that if she ACTUALLY THOUGHT before speaking, she would have caught,followed by slamming the door in front of her....

So apparently Nadine did not notice the snipers from the First Foot watching her house from her backyard neighbor’s house.

So Kiki has just broken down in front of Nadine.
If Nadines maternal instincts kick in and she simply hugs Kiki, that will go a long, long way to changing that dynamic.

Smash cut to Ben coming down to breakfast and seeing Kiki and his mum laughing and chatting over coffee after that.

So Kiki has just broken down in front of Nadine.
If Nadines maternal instincts kick in and she simply hugs Kiki, that will go a long, long way to changing that dynamic.

Smash cut to Ben coming down to breakfast and seeing Kiki and his mum laughing and chatting over coffee after that.

Yep, this is the key anti-Margot (she's different than Margot already) moment she could have that I think she probably will have, because Kat never broke down like this in front of Margot. Part of Margot's problem is that she saw Kat as less than human or alien. Nadine sees her as all too human in a weak-character, sneaky lowlife sort of way. If she acts maternally here before she realizes who Kiki is (and realizes precisely what kind of low-profile she's trying to have), then all of a sudden Kiki has an incredibly fierce advocate from left field, and that's a switch that will stay positive for the long haul.