Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Yeah, it's 1959 right now. But the child from Sarah was born around WW2. So the child would be roughly the same age as Morrison. Unless Morrison is also Benjamin Button, it's quite unlikely for him to be the father.

How else would you get the frat-house fleshbags to leave?

Spear Schultz.

Also, the rough crowd in the V8? Bearing in mind this is where the daughters of Von Schmidt and Emil Holz work, and it's run by an Intelligence asset, you can bet that the least of James' worries is street thugs.

Last edited:
Not James Dean, as he was born 31 and definitely lean and muscular and irl already dead at that time. Yeah, I wondered what James was cammoed there, but he didn't ring a bell.

Bob Dylan and Neil Diamond are about the right age but nobody has ever described Neil Diamond as “The Poet Laureate of Obnoxious Misogynistic Teenage Boys”.

So we have two mystery guests to solve.
One is the father of Sarah's child and the second is our crew-cut overweight possible psychopath.
This is going to make for some interesting discussion.

Could it be James Tate? Not a big poetry fan, but I have heard that his writing could be disturbing and that he was popular among teen male wannabe authors for hears.

Just tried to Google poet laureate obnoxious misogynistic teenage boys, no luck there.
Going to drive me crazy.

Given that George Bush is a terrorist, given that Robert Heinelin is now an Admiral in the US Navy - them being the two most promient examples I can really think of - PeabodyMartini' making OTL people have different career paths is not odd - So, I mean, this could be James Brolin or James Caan for all we know.
Granted I cannot see either of their parents in the military, so its most likely wrong.

Then again, this could be a person from OTL with a entirely different name in this ATL, which in itself lends many many more problems.

Point I am making though is that this could be someone we know, but we are really not expecting them to be who they are.

Jimmy Hendrix ist of the right age, but again, slender.

He is black - AFRICAN AMERICAN.

I have doubts that the son of the military attache to the Berlin embassy is going to be black - AFRICAN AMERICAN..

Last edited:
Zella was born in 1941 so we have to look for someone born between 1939 to 1943 as the most likely possibilities.
James is an American so that narrows the search.
For 1943 I have Jim Croce, Barry Manilow, R. Crumb, and John Denver as possible candidates.
For 1942 I have Jerry Garcia, and John Wayne Gacy.
For 1941 we already covered that with Ritchie Valens.
And now I am chasing my own tail and getting dizzy from the effort.

Zella was born in 1941 so we have to look for someone born between 1939 to 1943 as the most likely possibilities.
James is an American so that narrows the search.
For 1943 I have Jim Croce, Barry Manilow, R. Crumb, and John Denver as possible candidates.
For 1942 I have Jerry Garcia, and John Wayne Gacy.
For 1941 we already covered that with Ritchie Valens.
And now I am chasing my own tail and getting dizzy from the effort.

Are laws in Germany different for Age restrictions? I am curious, because I figure "James" would not be allowed in the V8 club if he were too young.

Then again, given Zella just turned 18, she also seems to have been inside the club for a while anyway, and knows Club life very well. But that may possibly be because John Ellis is looking the other way a bit in regards to her.

It's gonna be Morrison, he's the only one that fits the description.

The physical difference can be chalked up to him not being the drug user we famously know him as.

I am confused, are we trying to solve mystery guest 2? And not the father of Sarah's child? Because Hendrix, Morrison and such can't be the father to her child at least. They would have all been too young. The father would need to have been born a bit after 1920-1925, to be of at least the right age. Since her child was born around WW2.

Anyway, Im just confused.

I am confused, are we trying to solve mystery guest 2? And not the father of Sarah's child? Because Hendrix, Morrison and such can't be the father to her child at least. They would have all been too young. The father would need to have been born a bit after 1920-1925, to be of at least the right age. Since her child was born around WW2.

Anyway, Im just confused.

I think everyone forgot about whoever Sarah's hubby was because we all got more interested in who James is...

For starters, John Elis isn't the father of Sarah's son. This is the relevant bit about that and eventually, Sarah is going to have a great deal of explaining to do.

7th April 1952

A young man, a Piano player and Flautist had been unusually close to Sarah in recent months. He had been sent to a fellowship in England, a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. Arranged by Sarah no doubt once she had gotten what she wanted from him.

So, given that Sarah got preganant in 1952, and the man was said to be a "Young pianist and flautist"

Then obviously it has to be a jazz musician, or maybe a classical musician born in the late 20s.

It's gonna be Morrison, he's the only one that fits the description.

The physical difference can be chalked up to him not being the drug user we famously know him as.
Jim Morrison: known for improvising poetry, son of a USN Admiral.

I think he fits the bill.

I think we're more likely to see Hendrix turn up in the V8 club on an open mic night playing an upside down electric guitar, maybe on a pilgrimage to follow the roots of Django Reinhardt.

I think everyone forgot about whoever Sarah's hubby was because we all got more interested in who James is...
Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

As for James, I still don't think it is Morrison. Because he didn't do music before The Doors. He did poetry and film. But no clue who it could be though.