Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

First off we must remember that this timeline uses unreliable narrators to advance the story, so we are seeing James thru the eyes of Zella and I just looked at some pictures of Jim Morrison at around the time this takes place and while he is not as fat as described, he is a little bit more "beefy" then he was in his early twenties.
Jim's father being in the United States Navy should be the Naval Attache` instead of being described as the Military Attache, that could be a red herring thrown out by Peabody-Martini to mess with our minds.

Just turned on FS1 and to my amazement there is a Bundesliga match between Hannover 96 and Hertha BSC on.
It made me think of this timeline, Hans Mischner, and Kiki using their jersey to sleep in and how well grounded in life this timeline is in.

FBKampfer

Banned
First off we must remember that this timeline uses unreliable narrators to advance the story, so we are seeing James thru the eyes of Zella and I just looked at some pictures of Jim Morrison at around the time this takes place and while he is not as fat as described, he is a little bit more "beefy" then he was in his early twenties.
Jim's father being in the United States Navy should be the Naval Attache` instead of being described as the Military Attache, that could be a red herring thrown out by Peabody-Martini to mess with our minds.
Zella very well might not recognize US uniforms other than being "American cut".

It could very well be the naval attache and she's simply unaware. She may not even be aware of the difference depending on just how much she's absorbed from Emil.

Zella very well might not recognize US uniforms other than being "American cut".

It could very well be the naval attache and she's simply unaware. She may not even be aware of the difference depending on just how much she's absorbed from Emil.

Eh? PM mess with our heads? .... say it ain’t so!

Part 86, Chapter 1325
Chapter One Thousand Two Hundred Twenty-Five

6th May 1959

Mitte, Berlin

It was a very common story. A socially awkward boy interacts with a girl, develops a crush on her, confuses courtesy and kindness for interest, then proceeds make a complete ass of himself. In an effort to impress the girl, Jimmy had asked her to read a notebook of essays and poems that he had written over the previous months. Far from being impressed the girl had been repulsed and Jimmy had not taken her rebuffing him well. George pondered this as he contemplated how he was going to apologize for his son’s actions and hope that the man he was going to talk to. It would be yet one more diplomatic black eye for America if the Naval Attaché got booted out of the country, as a man with a daughter of his own, George could certainly understand why he would be steamed. Of all the girls that Jimmy could have done this with, why did he have to choose Marcella von Holz, the daughter of the Commander in Chief of the German High Command?

Jimmy had gotten pretty thoroughly worked over for acting like an idiot in a place where violence was always just under the surface and life was fairly cheap. It seemed that the seedy nightclub where teenaged Rock & Rollers rubbed shoulders with petty criminals and gangsters had a set of rules that were ruthlessly enforced. One of the big ones was that Marcella was under the protection of the owner, a man who had a lot of juice for someone in his position. Apparently, it had something to do with the friendship that the American expat had with the family of Admiral von Schmidt. Hopefully, they had managed to knock some sense into Jimmy, except George had hoped for that same thing in the past.

“Generalfeldmarschall Markgraf von Holz will see you now Captain Morrison” The Field Marshal’s aide, a tough looking Naval Officer said to George. He could see that he was wearing the uniform of a Lieutenant and realized that he was looking at a mustang Officer. If this was who von Holz chose to surround himself with then George was in more trouble than he thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Me getting involved with that project is out of the question” Sarah said.

“Afraid that Zöller will learn about the little secret that you’ve kept from him and the real reason that you arranged for him to go to England for a couple years” Elis said, “Or that his wife will learn of the tryst itself. I doubt she’ll be thrilled about the rest.”

“They weren’t married yet at the time” Sarah said as she placed her hands flat on the table. While she was outwardly calm, Elis could tell that she was seething. “Please do not make light of this situation.”

Elis didn’t reply to that. Sarah had been dreading the consequences of her past actions for the last six years. She had thought that she had dodged that bullet when Zöller had gone to Frankfurt after he returned from England. Now, he was back in Berlin and had invited Sarah to a part of a new project he was starting. If Sarah got involved it would only be a matter of time before someone said something about her son. If she declined, then he would want to know why.

On top of this Johann was getting old enough to start asking questions. He had started to notice that his life with his mother, her dear friend Clara and his Uncle John was out of the ordinary. The apartments in the same building as the V8 Club were a classically “Bohemian” community that was composed of artists, musicians and all manner of free thinkers. As the only child presently in the building, he had been a bit of a favorite of many of those in the building. None of his classmate’s lives were remotely comparable.

“I want this to just go away” Sarah said.

“It doesn’t work like that” Elis said, “Sooner or later you get to face the music.”

Sarah looked at Elis with narrowed eyes. “That’s rich coming from you” She said.

“I had it happen to me once” Elis said, “I didn’t like it, so I got the Hell out of there. I didn’t have any connections or a career to keep me in San Francisco, either.”

That was one way to put it. If the local police or FBI had caught up with him anywhere in America, then it was very likely that he could be sold for scrap by the time they were through with him. Elis had been aware that he had needed to keep ahead of the cordon that was going to spring up the instant he escaped Alcatraz Prison. He had not stopped running until he had landed in Berlin. The fact that he had steadfastly avoided anything related to his old life had led the FBI to eventually conclude that he had died in the escape, having drowned in San Francisco Bay.

“There are some days that I think you entrusted me with your biography because no one is going to believe a word of it” Sarah said.

Elis just shrugged. “It’s always a good thing to have one last trick up your sleeve” He said.

The biography was set to be published by Sarah after he was safely dead and buried would be one last “Fuck you” aimed directly at the authorities in the land of his birth, his puppet masters in Berlin as well. The great outlaw would get the last word, and Elis would have his ultimate victory.

Last edited:
Young James Morrison really should be more careful on stairs, then he wouldn't have fallen down them. Still, no permanent damage done so maybe he'll learn his lesson in future.

Young James Morrison really should be more careful on stairs, then he wouldn't have fallen down them. Still, no permanent damage done so maybe he'll learn his lesson in future.
Knowing things, after this Daddy Morrison its going to ship Jim's sorry arse straight into Basic, with the option non negotiable of a transfer to the 10th Alpine Boot camp afterwards. That or if the US finally its exploring the development of Airborne Infantry here, given the sheer example of the German Paras in WWII and further, Mr Morrison may see the Airborne as a better site to whip his son back into a decent man, rather than attempting and failing with a normal military school.

Given that after a few minutes of speaking with Markgraf von Holz he would see that he was also a "Mustang Officer" , i can guess that he would reason that maybe what Jim needed was to drop his arse amongst common soldiers to maybe fix his attitude.....

It looks like that the development of Rock ‘N’ Roll in the United States is going to take a much different path ITTL with Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and now apparently Jim Morrison going down other paths will that mean that Rock and Roll is still thought of as “Race Music”?

Random Thoughts that go nowhere:
Captain Morrison has probably promised young James a trip to Paris this Summer, he should keep that promise but modify it to Parris Island instead.
The OTL me would love to see what happens when John Ellis posthumous memoir is finally published but the ITTL me wants Sarah to do some judicious editing and leave out any mention of hints that German officials knew that Ellis was Dillinger.
What is Nancy doing in New York City?
The three oldest children of the Kaiser should be old enough by now to start making some official public appearances both inside the Empire and Internationally but it should be kept at a low key.