STAR WARS with other actors

DominusNovus said:
No...

Anakin Starkiller was the original protaganist, with Luke being an wise old general. Both were always male.

From the Starlog article, and I could be wrong, the character whose traits would eventually be distillied into Luke and Leia was an Imperial pilot. I only glanced at this article about the time the marketing furor of the original trilogy was just starting to die out, between circa 1985-87. As I said, I might be wrong.

Another of the original ideas for Vader had him being swathed in black silk.

Bit of trivia, who was the voice of Emperor Palpatine in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK?

Diamond

Banned
edvader said:
Melvin and others.I published a post on another SW thread -the geek one.Did any of you hear the radio adaption of the OT?Mark Hamill played Luke and Perry King played Han.Brock Peters who was on DS9 played Vader and Ed Asner as JABBA! John Lithgow played Yoda.WI the above besides Mark played the characters in the film.CDs of the plays exist-6 hours plus long each with different and extended scenes.
I had the CDs of SW a few years back - I remember Brock Peters as Vader. In some ways I thought he was more effective than JEJ. I also remember some scenes with Vader on Alderaan... or am I imagining things? Its been a long while since I owned them...

Thande said:
Some early SW ideas I recall are: Luke Skywalker being the name of the General Dodonna figure (Luke himself being called Annikin Starkiller); the imperial capital was called Had Abbadon; and the original ROTJ ending was for Luke to put on the Vader mask and take his place beside the Emperor, broadcasting to the Rebel fleet as the Emperor hands over the controls of the Death Star for him to attack the Rebels...and Luke firing at Had Abbadon and destroying it instead.

Holy crap...I'd have wet myself when I saw that when I was 5 years old. To see luke put on the vader mask, and then blow up a planet, dear god. That'd be rated R by early 80's standards. I don't want to know how he came up with THAT jewel of an idea, but someone should write a fanfic that includes that in the plot.

Somebody did a rather different version of "STAR WARS with other actors":

http://www.luxtheater.com/show.html

The "Lux Radio Theater" was a radio program of the forties that did recreations of movies. The concept here is that the program did a special version of (in effect our) "Star Wars" with well-known actors of that era playing the characters; a 2003 presentation of a nineteen-forties realization of the movie, that is.

I will try and check this out as I have Ep4 and Ep 6.Do not remember Vader being on Alderaan.Remember the interrogation with Leia and Luke down at the garage with Camie and Biggs!Hope this helps a bit!

How about Anthony Hopkins as Palpatine or Obi-Wan?I'd relish that -with chianti and some Fava beans-lol! :p

Here are my choices.... :D

Sir Anthony Hopkins as Emperor Palapantine or The Grand Moff Tarkin

Daniel Day Lewis as Han Solo

Leonardo Di Caprio as Luke Skywalker or Annakin

Keira Knightley as Leia or Princess Amidala (She did have a role in THE PHANTOM MENACE)

Susan George as Han Solo's Co-Pilot (A Sort of take on her Dirty Mary Crazy Larry role which incidentially was one of the flicks EMPIRE STRIKES BACK took elements from)

Incidentally-Koo(sp) Stark played Camie in scenes supposedly for ANH but they were cut.I know there are pictures of her and the actor playing Biggs along with Mark.Koo Stark-calling all Brits.Does her name ring a bell? :D

MrP

Banned
THE Koo Stark? No way! Cool! Hang on, let me find SW: Behind the Magic. I remember that has some soundless deleted scenes from Tatooine with Biggs in . . . must beat flatmate with a stick tomorrow if he's hidden them. Also, I'll turn my room upside down and shake it in case the CDs fall out.