Sports What Ifs.

Allegedly, there was a Jets scout that was interested, but was unable to convince Parcells....allegedly
Dunno if jets was truth but I think the only other team interesting in Brady where the... Giants,but they considered their QB room full.

Dunno if jets was truth but I think the only other team interesting in Brady where the... Giants,but they considered their QB room full.
And I think the consensus from some was that Brady would be out from the team in a few years and end up on the Patriots by 2005. Tho, I am of the firm belief that while not all is pure Brady talent, I can't not see him being a deciding factor for many teams' successes if he was their starter.

On the note of my Saints being in that talk (mostly bc of their selection of Marc Bulger in the sixth), I am curious as to the consensus of what if my Saints kept Bulger as part of their roster. My immediate belief would be that Bulger would probably join Delhomme in NFL Europe before seeing the field on the stateside

They could take Woodson or Moss them.

So they stick with Lucas and mirer before drafting brees? not bad, if they build slowly without the extra picks would do wonders. i think Seahawks take Chad and Hasselbeck ends in Arizona them
Plummer hadn’t completely declined yet I believe

Plummer hadn’t completely declined yet I believe
Plummer collapse in 2006 and was still competitive, give him moss and 20-40 of his int now become TD, meaning chargers will be fine for a while.

And I think the consensus from some was that Brady would be out from the team in a few years and end up on the Patriots by 2005.
Nah he would remain, he would beat the others bench warmer and take over when Kerry Collins feel into a cliff in 2003, too late to save Payton but good enough to ruin giants tank.

The claim of Brees not going to the Saints is hitting on wishful thinking and all that was a bit over the top. The animation in that was good tho.
According to the dolphins themselves Brees was their first choice but they declined it. If they took him he would say yes

According to the dolphins themselves Brees was their first choice but they declined it. If they took him he would say yes
And the Fins decided against it upon Brees's checkup. Now, allegedly, Saban was still willing to go for Brees, but I am not buying it. Having a situation like Cool Brees and Chill on here seems more likely for Brees to end up in Miami, but I digress.
Nah he would remain, he would beat the others bench warmer and take over when Kerry Collins feel into a cliff in 2003, too late to save Payton but good enough to ruin giants tank.
On that, I agree. Granted, I did state on here I could see him do some starts within SB35, but largely I could see him remain with the Giants for as long as he pleased

And the Fins decided against it upon Brees's checkup. Now, allegedly, Saban was still willing to go for Brees, but I am not buying it. Having a situation like Cool Brees and Chill on here seems more likely for Brees to end up in Miami, but I digress
Yet they choose Culpeper come from a worse injury, for me is 50-50, for example if Eli remains on the chargers,them he would be set free early and join cardinals, Texans, cowboys or rams

Was wondering how the NFL would be different if the Cardinals stayed in Chicago. If it does work out, I could see the Cardinals added to the AFC in 1970. Maybe the Colts could stay in the NFC.

Was wondering how the NFL would be different if the Cardinals stayed in Chicago. If it does work out, I could see the Cardinals added to the AFC in 1970. Maybe the Colts could stay in the NFC.
Maybe the stadium in Arlington heights would happen 50 years Early? That was a proposal to co build it with the bears. If anything means the colts are the NFC east team unless bidwill force to remain NFC....

Another thing would be Hunt not insulting bidwill and co sharing the Cardinals in Dallas.

And the Fins decided against it upon Brees's checkup. Now, allegedly, Saban was still willing to go for Brees, but I am not buying it. Having a situation like Cool Brees and Chill on here seems more likely for Brees to end up in Miami, but I digress.

On that, I agree. Granted, I did state on here I could see him do some starts within SB35, but largely I could see him remain with the Giants for as long as he pleased

**strikes a pose in honor of one who remembers my TL**

I definitely think it had to be a close decision if Saban’s reluctance was enough to sway it to Daunte Fucking Culpepper.

Of course, my guess is that, if he went to Miami, he would be known in Boston by the same middle name as Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone.

Maybe the stadium in Arlington heights would happen 50 years Early? That was a proposal to co build it with the bears. If anything means the colts are the NFC east team unless bidwill force to remain NFC....

Another thing would be Hunt not insulting bidwill and co sharing the Cardinals in Dallas.
Hmmm, be weird back then to have two teams sharing an NFL stadium at that time. Also, weren't the Cardinals more of a southside team? Or did that really matter in regards to football? I know the Cards played at Comiskey but whether they actually had fans on that end of town is another matter. However maybe if they play it up they might be able to build their stadium somewhere in the southern Chicago metro. Maybe even NW Indiana if they find a sight.

Also, does Chicago having two teams mean Indianapolis might not be considered a good NFL market? It might not matter, but I could see there being no team in Indy, or maybe even the Cards moving to Indy at some point later on.

Also, would St. Louis just get an an expansion team? There didn't really seem to be a movement to get an NFL team but maybe there might be some local owner who might want a team.

Also, does Chicago having two teams mean Indianapolis might not be considered a good NFL market? It might not matter, but I could see there being no team in Indy, or maybe even the Cards moving to Indy at some point later on.
Cards could have beat the colts at indy..yet they didn't. That means they weren't interested in the Hoosier state. the move
Hmmm, be weird back then to have two teams sharing an NFL stadium at that time.
A little but if the Stadium is NFL dedicated, them would make sense for both teams to want to share it to coup up cost unless we got that both Cardinals and white sox agree on a new stadium to share and Bears remains in Soldier Field.

Also, would St. Louis just get an an expansion team? There didn't really seem to be a movement to get an NFL team but maybe there might be some local owner who might want a team.
Maybe they're a founding member of the AFL over Buffalo?

Or did that really matter in regards to football?
I think in NY there was always the luck of competing leagues till AFL and later on both Bears and Cardinals were competent enough till Bears exploded in success. if cards got a good run in Chicago they would remain, but Bidwill would use all his influence to remain in the NFC forever(that's how cardinals were on the very lucrative NFCE as long as possible)

What would happen to the NY Giants had Plaxico Burress not shot his leg in 2008?

As a Giants fan, I would say the 2008 Giants were actually a better team than 2007. If he had been smarter about owning a gun, like owning a holster, the Giants could have back to back.

I think in NY there was always the luck of competing leagues till AFL and later on both Bears and Cardinals were competent enough till Bears exploded in success. if cards got a good run in Chicago they would remain, but Bidwill would use all his influence to remain in the NFC forever(that's how cardinals were on the very lucrative NFCE as long as possible)
I only had the Cardinals going to the AFC, because I don't imagine the NFL would want the Cardinals and Bears in the same conference.

Go bigger:

NFC East: Patriots, Giants, Eagles, Colts, Redskins
NFC South: Falcons, Saints, Dolphins, Oilers
NFC North: Vikings, Packers, Bears, Lions

AFC East: Jets, Bills, Steelers, Browns
AFC Central: Cowboys, Cardinals, Bengals, Chiefs, Broncos
AFC West: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers

Expansion in Seattle fits the AFC West.
Expansion in Tampa fits the NFC South.
Expansion in St. Louis works with the NFC North.
Charlotte/Nashville/Jacksonville would fit into the AFC East.
Then you have the two losers of the 30th team vying with Phoenix to be the 31st & 32nd expansions. Does North Florida need a team with the Saints, Falcons, Dolphins, and Bucs so close?

Go bigger:

NFC East: Patriots, Giants, Eagles, Colts, Redskins
NFC South: Falcons, Saints, Dolphins, Oilers
NFC North: Vikings, Packers, Bears, Lions

AFC East: Jets, Bills, Steelers, Browns
AFC Central: Cowboys, Cardinals, Bengals, Chiefs, Broncos
AFC West: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers

Expansion in Seattle fits the AFC West.
Expansion in Tampa fits the NFC South.
Expansion in St. Louis works with the NFC North.
Charlotte/Nashville/Jacksonville would fit into the AFC East.
Then you have the two losers of the 30th team vying with Phoenix to be the 31st & 32nd expansions. Does North Florida need a team with the Saints, Falcons, Dolphins, and Bucs so close?

I can see the Cardinals jumping to the AFC, but what makes the Pats and Dolphins jump to the NFC?