Soviet Victory: Official Thread

former_yugoslavia.png

Nice map.

The borders are a mess though. Is Republika Srpska supposed to be a puppet/autonomous region of Serbia or is it a separate country (it looks separate but IDK why it would be)? Why does Slovenia have an exclave, and what's with the curly panhandles? Is this during the war or after? Why does Bosnia have so much Croat Inhabited?

I'm not saying it's bad, just messy and could cause conflict in the future. I actually appreciate that someone bothered to have post-Yugoslav borders be different from OTL, though (with a late POD like this it's not guaranteed, but even where the borders have to end up different, they usually don't so this is nice). I like the Albanian border. Kosovo being handled differently but not being completely in one country or the other (in Serbia or Albania) is rare and I appreciate it.

I know this is a graphics thread but would you mind explaining how this happened at least a bit? Being a south Slav myself, I like to know how events here go in ATLs, especially the one that looms over all politics in the former Yugoslav countries (the breakup/civil war/independence wars).

[edit: nvm. I'm stupid, you have a TL I can read. Sorry]

Last edited:

Deleted member 105545

Nice map.

The borders are a mess though. Is Republika Srpska supposed to be a puppet/autonomous region of Serbia or is it a separate country (it looks separate but IDK why it would be)? Why does Slovenia have an exclave, and what's with the curly panhandles? Is this during the war or after? Why does Bosnia have so much Croat Inhabited?

I'm not saying it's bad, just messy and could cause conflict in the future. I actually appreciate that someone bothered to have post-Yugoslav borders be different from OTL, though (with a late POD like this it's not guaranteed, but even where the borders have to end up different, they usually don't so this is nice). I like the Albanian border. Kosovo being handled differently but not being completely in one country or the other (in Serbia or Albania) is rare and I appreciate it.

I know this is a graphics thread but would you mind explaining how this happened at least a bit? Being a south Slav myself, I like to know how events here go in ATLs, especially the one that looms over all politics in the former Yugoslav countries (the breakup/civil war/independence wars).

Basically, Tito is assassinated by a Soviet Agent early. Yuogslavia falls apart, and the UN intervenes and forces a ceasefire. The curvy borders are basically a freeze-frame of a war.

Deleted member 105545

Nice map.

And to answer your question, Srpska is a Serbian Nationalist front, while Serbia proper is a Titoist regime.

Deleted member 105545

Is it legal to be a store manager in the republic of Karen?

I'm aware that it's a real region in Burma, though maybe using Kayin would make it seem like less of a joke. Then again, this isn't a joke thread so I assume people with an IQ greater than 10 will search it up.

It's a nice map though.
Speaking of this, it's a modern ritual to buy a woman a Kareni Flag when she turns 40. Kind of a rite-of-passage thing, and a joke.