Soviet Victory (a different cold war timeline)

• Thread starter Deleted member 105545
  • Start date

Deleted member 105545

Hello!

This is my main thread for my developing scenario "Soviet Victory".
PROGRESS WILL BE SLOW at the start, but as I get more done, I will post more updates.
Here is my W.I.P map, formatted in Q-BAM.
soviet victory.png

(the base map is the 1962 q-bam by someone on deviantart, I forget who)

I have some flags, and a very basic idea of timeline, but I will refine.

Deleted member 105545

Israeli Zionist Republic.png

Flag of Zionist Republic of the Promised Land

Short Write up:

After the chaos in america, and the subsequent republic of NATO, The Isreali government went into full out expansionist mode. The Isreali goverment took back "the western part of the greater promised land", ie: Sinai.

After a period of peace, Israel went to get "The Northern Promised Land", and so annexed Lebanon.

Deleted member 105545

View attachment 352565
Flag of Zionist Republic of the Promised Land

Short Write up:

After the chaos in america, and the subsequent republic of NATO, The Isreali government went into full out expansionist mode. The Isreali goverment took back "the western part of the greater promised land", ie: Sinai.

After a period of peace, Israel went to get "The Northern Promised Land", and so annexed Lebanon.
(Israel also annexed palestine, but the U.N. voted to give Palestine independence, and also west Jordan. This was a treaty designed to hopefully cam the conflict)

Did I miss a border somewhere or are East-Germany and Czechia part of the Soviet Union?!?

If so how? I can see a Polish SSR or a Finnish SSR happening but why would the USSR try to annex Slovakia or territory beyond the Odor?

Also I presume the balkanised Britain is the result of a Soviet Sealoin (against a nazi conquered Britain, because otherwise the RN would make it impossible), or am I wrong?

Deleted member 105545

Did I miss a border somewhere or are East-Germany and Czechia part of the Soviet Union?!?

If so how? I can see a Polish SSR or a Finnish SSR happening but why would the USSR try to annex Slovakia or territory beyond the Odor?

Also I presume the balkanised Britain is the result of a Soviet Sealoin (against a nazi conquered Britain, because otherwise the RN would make it impossible), or am I wrong?
The main POD is early 70's, not WWII. The Soviet Union acheived reforms, making more of a "true" communism. Arbieterreich-Ostdeutschland (east germany) joined willingly, along with Poland, and subsequently Czechoslovakia. Most of the europeon countries converted into reformed communism, not relying on america, because the the civil strife and rebellions. If you have questions about that, ask.

The Brits are in a civil war, note the war-time borders. Britian became a sort-of Weimar Republic. Communism was on the rise, and so was Anti-com. The people in Britain were polarized, and when the socailists declared open rebellion, and then the Anti-coms (Fascists). The Non-polarized people are defending the old order.

Deleted member 105545

the base map is the 1962 q-bam
No, although that was a good guess.

I do love it regardless of how (im)plausible it is! Hammers, Sickles and Mushroom Clouds was also implausible to some extent, but I loved it, too!

And "United States of America"? Really? They are anything but united if East Delaware(!) is the only part remaining of the old USA!

Deleted member 105545

I do love it regardless of how (im)plausible it is! Hammers, Sickles and Mushroom Clouds was also implausible to some extent, but I loved it, too!

And "United States of America"? Really? They are anything but united if East Delaware(!) is the only part remaining of the old USA!
Thats actually a united Delmarva.
Yes, actually. I recognise the labels I did. I'm, possibly the only alt-hist person to use that font.
Oh, this was yours?

Deleted member 105545

Not sure this analogy makes sense. The US is way more Balkanized than OTL's former Soviet Union.
Well, it's not really balkanization, it's more people declare independence, while the U.S. tries to unite the nation.

Think 1917-1918 Russia, not 1990-1991.

Deleted member 105545

Well, it's not really balkanization, it's more people declare independence, while the U.S. tries to unite the nation.

Think 1917-1918 Russia, not 1990-1991.
And I just realized that is the definition of balkanization. Crap.

Deleted member 105545

I'm going to come out with a timeline soon.

if you have any questions, please ask.

Why not have the US fracture along Russian lines? That is, there's still a "core" relatively wealthy United States, but the peripheries have been shed

Deleted member 105545

Why not have the US fracture along Russian lines? That is, there's still a "core" relatively wealthy United States, but the peripheries have been shed
Well, it wasn't a (realitively) peaceful revolt, like the Soviet Union. I'm Writing a timeline now, and I hope it will be out soon, and I hope it will answer a lot of questions.

But anyway, Money wasn't really on people's minds when America fell. They were more worried about not getting killed, or trying to establish an Independent state. The conditions weren't right, It was more like the collapse of Yugoslavia, not the Soviet Union.