Shared Empires PoD: Napoleonic help needed.

I'd like a PoD which brings macro-effects in around the Battles of the Nile/Trafalgar period- i.e. Napoleon is in charge of France and rampaging around Europe, but the wars are still in full swing. It's for a Shared Worlds thingy, look at that forum for details, and I'm afraid I don't have detailed knowledge of the period. I'd like to start the thread off with a new, ATL campaign and conclusion to the Napoleonic wars, but I'm not sure what'd be a good change.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Smuz said:
I'd like a PoD which brings macro-effects in around the Battles of the Nile/Trafalgar period- i.e. Napoleon is in charge of France and rampaging around Europe, but the wars are still in full swing. It's for a Shared Worlds thingy, look at that forum for details, and I'm afraid I don't have detailed knowledge of the period. I'd like to start the thread off with a new, ATL campaign and conclusion to the Napoleonic wars, but I'm not sure what'd be a good change.

Off the top of my sweat-soaked head...

- Aboukir Bay isn't such a massive victory for the British - they can still win, but a not insignificant part of the French fleet survives. May require Nelson to be ill, or the French to have moved from the anchorage to a better position by the time he arrives

- Napoleon takes ill in 1804, no Swiss campaign, Amiens lasts longer until he recovers. This could potentially see a French army leave for Louisiana as well, and could bring some challenge to Napoleon within France

- Josephine has a kid by Napoleon. This would change a lot. It would ensure the dynasty earlier, it would negate the need for an Austrian match, it would make the empire being settled down seem a higher priority than madcap invasions of Russia or anything aimed at India

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf said:
Josephine has a kid by Napoleon. This would change a lot. It would ensure the dynasty earlier, it would negate the need for an Austrian match, it would make the empire being settled down seem a higher priority than madcap invasions of Russia or anything aimed at India

This one has a lot of potential. An earlier consolidation of existing territorial gains would probably follow, with significant butterflies.

Faeelin

Banned
Justin Pickard said:
This one has a lot of potential. An earlier consolidation of existing territorial gains would probably follow, with significant butterflies.

Although, let's remember he did invade Russia after he had a son. But I agree, in principle.

Perhaps we should just hook Napoleon up with some one aside from Eugene?

Grey Wolf

Donor
Faeelin said:
Although, let's remember he did invade Russia after he had a son. But I agree, in principle.

Perhaps we should just hook Napoleon up with some one aside from Eugene?

Erm ??? His step-son ???

Grey Wolf