RP Which is your favorite Hitler's movie?

How long do you think it'll take for the "this isn't a proper DBWI!:mad::mad::mad:" crowd to show up in this thread?

This is not a DBWI. This is an RP thread. A Double Blind What If thread discusses OTL from an ATL perspective. It is subtle. This is roleplaying.

In the future, please do not mislabel RP threads as DBWI threads. The title of this thread should be, "RP: Which is your favorite [Hitler] movie?"

#16. Surprised it took that long, actually.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor
This is not a "DBWI" thread.

A Double-Blind What-If is named after the concept of a double-blind study in medicine (one in which even the doctors themselves have no idea which drug they're giving to their patients).

Similarly, in a DBWI people pretend to speculate on our own timeline as if they were someone from another timeline. This means their own timeline is made up "in reverse" - it's implied from their positions on ours.

Recognizing a DBWI is extremely easy, because someone asks what if things had gone exactly like they did in real history.

People say it's a classic but I've always thought that "The Golem" (1959) was anti-semitic. Audrey Hepburn playing a 19th century Jewish woman forced to marry a man from her community... Fine... can handle that. But Mickey Rooney wearing a false long nose and walking around with a hunched back and lecherous expression....

OOC: Breakfast at Tiffany's

People say it's a classic but I've always thought that "The Golem" (1959) was anti-semitic. Audrey Hepburn playing a 19th century Jewish woman forced to marry a man from her community... Fine... can handle that. But Mickey Rooney wearing a false long nose and walking around with a hunched back and lecherous expression....

OOC: Breakfast at Tiffany's

I thought he was Jewish...I mean he looked Jewish...

OOC: in this thread (RP, DBWI, whatever the hell it is :p) we've managed to turn Hitler into Polanski, Michael Jackson, Cukor, and Bernard Law at the same time! LOL!

Best Films

Personally, I thought he was MARVELOUS in "Das Knaben in das Band" (The Boys in the Band) - the scene where he was in women's clothing, lounging around with Beria in Moscow during the Night of the Long Nagaikas Purge was stunning. Who knew he'd looks so good in fishnets and blue eyeliner?

Of course, his stunning 'here I am' role had to have been as Josef Gillheim in "Unter den Linden Boulevard". A hack screenwriter getting entwined in the life/love of has-been silent screen actress Rosa Luxembourg - complete with the scene where RL goes to the great UFA studios at Babelsberg and meets the venerable Josef Goebbels. Who could forget Adolf looking lovingly at Rosa, and going "You were BIG, meine Schatze... it was the Revolution that got small!"

...and of course, his jaw-droppingly heartbreaker of a role in Kadar's "Shop on the High Street" where he plays a disoriented old Jewish man being protected by a bumbling Moldovan women (played by the lovely Valentina Tereschschkova) during the 1905 pogroms in Kishinev...

Ah, what a life in film...