Rock albums from alternate timelines

The TL: The Three Amigos

N.W.A: Straight Outta Compton (August 8, 1988)
Perhaps one of the most famous rap albums of the late 1980s, the N.W.A. (whose chosen band title alone got them into some difficulties at times) was the chosen group set up by music promoter Eric "Eazy-E" Wright, helped along by his long-time friendship with groundbreaking DJ Andre "Dr. Dre" Young and his wingman, Antoine "DJ Yella" Carraby, with lyrics mostly written by then nineteen-year-old lyricist (and long-time friend of Dr. Dre) O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson and Wright's long-time friend Lorenzo "MC Ren" Patterson, with the group's sixth member (and the only trained musician of the group) Kim "Arabian Prince" Nazel.

The group's origins came from nightclub impresario Alonzo Williams' World Class Wrecking Cru, but by the time the group was organized by Wright, Williams' attitude towards rap about the world around them, even in the prosperous world of Southern California, had so rubbed Dre, Yella and Ice Cube the wrong way that Wright found organizing the group quite easily done. Having done this in the winter of 1986, Wright developed the first "compilation" album of the N.W.A. in 1987, but the group's first album done together, that being Straight Outta Compton, also saw both Dre and Yella show off their development of the "G-Funk" style and the more up-tempo "California Beatz" style that Yella created, both finding help and inspiration from the Arabian Prince.

The album's heavy tone at times caused some issues for the group, as their lyrics were much more harsh towards the world around them than the party anthems that were common in hip-hop at the time, but nevertheless many of its greatest tracks, including the opener "Straight Outta Compton" and the other three widely-released singles on it, "Gangsta Gangsta" and "Express Yourself" showed off Dr. Dre's level of technical and musical sophistication that belied the harsh lyrics, and Yella's masterwork on the Album, "Born For The Club" became one of the tracks most associated California Hip-Hop in the late 1980s.

Concerns about the lyrics and attitudes of many on the album led to the album originally being a slow seller, but as the singles dropped and the N.W.A. began a North America-wide tour in November 1988, the sales of the album grew rapidly, as the faster-paced, harder-lyric rap began to gain popularity in the 1989-90 period. While the group was to lose Ice Cube over royalty disagreements between himself and both Eazy-E and partner Jerry Heller, the early tour made history, and the die was cast of what was to come from the group.

Tracks

1) Straight Outta Compton (Ice Cube, Eazy-E, MC Ren, Dr. Dre)
2) Parental Discretion Iz Advised (Ice Cube, Eazy-E, MC Ren, Dr. Dre)
3) Gangsta Gangsta (Ice Cube, Eazy-E, MC Ren)
4) Nothing Is Sacred (Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Arabian Prince)
5) If It Ain't Ruff (MC Ren)
6) Something Like That (MC Ren, Dr. Dre)
7) Black Ball (Eazy-E, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Dr. Dre)
8) Born For The Club (Ice Cube, Eazy-E)
9) Express Yourself (Dr. Dre, Ice Cube)
10) Compton's In Tha House (MC Ren, Dr. Dre)
11) I Ain't The One (Ice Cube)
12) The Devil Ain't Got Shit On Me (Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Arabian Prince)
13) Lost Cauze (Dr. Dre)
14) Quiet On Tha Set (MC Ren)
15) Something 2 Dance 2 (Arabian Prince, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E)

OOC: OK, so its a classic Hip-Hop Album, not necessarily a rock album, but as the NWA is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (and the letter sent by the FBI over "Fuck Tha Police" is a featured exhibit of the museum), I'm counting it 🙂

Last edited:
XGeorge Harrison.jpg

9 Jun 1969
George Harrison releases his self-titled solo debut album, containing the following 11 tracks:

Side One:
1) Something
2) I Me Mine
3) I’d Have You Anytime
4) For You Blue
5) If Not For You
6) Hear Me Lord
Side Two:
1) Here Comes The Sun
2) Old Brown Shoe
3) Art of Dying
4) Let It Down
5) Isn’t It A Pity (Version One)

From a TL where John Lennon dies in January 1969. Interested readers may find more info here

View attachment 850266
9 Jun 1969
George Harrison releases his self-titled solo debut album, containing the following 11 tracks:

Side One:
1) Something
2) I Me Mine
3) I’d Have You Anytime
4) For You Blue
5) If Not For You
6) Hear Me Lord
Side Two:
1) Here Comes The Sun
2) Old Brown Shoe
3) Art of Dying
4) Let It Down
5) Isn’t It A Pity (Version One)

From a TL where John Lennon dies in January 1969. Interested readers may find more info here
cool

The Velvet Underground & Nico - Self-Titled (June 20, 1966)
1: Venus In Furs (Reed)
2: I'll Be Your Mirror (Reed/Nico)
3: There She Goes Again (Reed)
4: European Son to Delmore Schwartz (Reed/Cale/Nico/Morrison/Tucker)
5: All Tomorrow's Parties (Reed/Nico)
6: I'm Waiting For My Man (Reed)
7: The Story Of The Black Angel (Reed)
8: Heroin (Reed)
9: After Hours (Reed/Tucker)
re-do
the velvet underground & nico - self-titled (november 10, 1966)
SIDE 1:
1: european son (reed/cale/nico/morrison/tucker)
2: story of the black angel (reed/cale)
3: i'm waiting for my man (reed/tucker)
4: all tomorrow's parties (reed/nico)
5: venus in furs (reed)
6: i'll be your mirror (reed/nico)
SIDE 2:
1: run run run (reed)
2: here she comes now (reed)
3: heroin (reed)
4: eulogy to lenny bruce (nico)

Attachments

• Untitled_Project.jpg
    Untitled_Project.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I am sure someone already said it, but I always love to think about New Order's first album, "Movement", and how it would've looked like had Ian Curtis remained alive. Not only would Joy Division still be around, but there's no doubt in my mind that the album would've had some of the JD tracks that they did alongside "Closer".

"Love Will Tear Us Apart", "Atmosphere", "In a Lonely Place" and "Ceremony" would surely have made it to the album imo, along with "Truth". I can also imagine the B-side perhaps getting a lighter tone if songs like "Dreams never end" still end up in the album. I doubt Ian would be bothered to carry on after that though. I think by 1983, we would've seen New Order emerge either way, only with "Power, Corruption and Lies" being their debut album instead.

Well I decided to try and sort it out in the end.

Joy Division - Movement
Release - November 13th, 1981
Personell: Ian Curtis (Vocals, guitar), Peter Hook (Bass), Bernard Sumner (Guitar, Synthesizer), Stephen Morris (Drums)
Producer: Martin Hannet

Side A:
1. Love will tear us apart
2. These days
3. Truth
4. In a lonely place
5. Ceremony

Side B:
6. Dreams Never End
7. Chosen time
8. Doubts even here
9. Atmosphere
Lenght: 38min 9s

The Beatles - The Beatles 1968

B                                                                                             ...png

B                                                                                             ...png

From a timeline where George Martin convinced the Beatles to release a single disc album instead of OTL's double White Album.

The Beatles (continue to) Compromise: 1967 Pt. 2

I felt inspired to continue this little exercise, so here is what I think this version of the Beatles could have released in late 1967.

As cliché as it is, Brian Epstein survives his overdose ITTL. He goes on to travel with George Harrison to India in the summer of 1967, as a result of this timeline's butterflies, and comes back with a renewed passion for the job. Given the band's new outlook, he begins the long process of setting up TTL's Apple Records, renegotiating contracts and working out the logistics for future live tours.

At Brian's behest, the band goes on to fulfill their contractual obligation with United Artists and release a third movie. Although their most experimental project yet, it would go on to be directed by Richard Lester and follow a sensible script. While not as revolutionary as 'A Hard Day's Night' was to audiences in 1964, it does a solid job at presenting a new version of the Beatles: no longer four mop-tops, but four (psychedelic) individuals. The film is released in cinemas worldwide in early December 1967, getting the full colour treatment.

The Magical Mystery Tour (UK release)
View attachment 695704
Side One: Songs featured/performed in the movie; official 'soundtrack' side
  1. Magical Mystery Tour (Paul #1)
  2. It's All Too Much (George #1)
  3. The Fool on the Hill (Paul #2) [1]
  4. I Am the Walrus (John #1)
  5. Hello, Goodbye (Paul #3)
  6. Blue Jay Way (George #2)
  7. All You Need Is Love (John #2)
Side Two: Songs not performed in the film
  1. Sgt. Pepper's Band/I Feel It (Whole band #1) [2]
  2. Fixing a Hole (Paul #4)
  3. Good Morning, Good Morning (John #3)
  4. Lovely Rita (Paul #5)
  5. You Know My Name (Look Up the Number) (Whole band #2)
[1] Piano intro, as originally intended by Paul during the demo and take 4 (available on Anthology 2).
[2] As heard on the 50th anniversary release: the title track, 'Sgt. Pepper's...', had an alternate little jam at the end, instead of seguing into Ringo's song. I loved the way it sounded - maybe the band finds a way to develop it here, since the Pepper idea is never developed ITTL.

While it is pretty much impossible to produce an album that isn't dominated by Paul in 1967 (at least from OTL material), the songs heard in the movie are well-balanced: even though Paul gets 3 tracks, John's contributions are two of his best in the entire Beatles catalogue, and George's 'It's All Too Much' gets much better treatment in the studio (do yourself a favour and listen to the Yellow Submarine Songtrack mix!). Side two has a few Strawberry Field holdovers - not the band's best, but material they wanted to put out anyway.

This would be the band's final album to be 'butchered' for American audiences, a process that in many ways had already been stopped with their previous release. United Artists goes on to remove 'Blue Jay Way' from Side 1, and include another 6 tracks of the movie's incidental music on Side 2 - monitored by George Martin, but panned by the Beatles themselves.

The group is now well-positioned to join George Harrison in a trip to India in early 1968, as the next step on their Transcendental Meditation journey under the Maharishi, and quite possibly perform live again, should Brian Epstein find a way.

-

P.S.: The future Yellow Submarine animated film gets a very different soundtrack to OTL, since its only new tracks at this point would be 'All Together Now' and 'Hey Bulldog'. Let me assure you that it still gets made, this time being voiced by the Beatles themselves - but that's a story for another post!
The Beatles Compromise (once more): 1968 Pt. 1

1968 rolls in, and Brian Epstein lives. Apple Corps somehow gets more thought put into it (in spite of it having to be created arguably because of Brian's poor business acumen), and the band goes off to India after producing a strong single in March (Lady Madonna b/w Hey Bulldog*). We're getting more distant from the POD at this point, but I will take the creative license to make the group still decide to go to India, and have their stay with the Maharishi be a tad more pleasant.

Let's say Ringo and Maureen find a way to get adequate food while at the Ashram and don't have to survive on just beans (whcih was due to Ringo's childhood stomach problems); Paul and Jane Asher rekindle their relationship, and the former doesn't dedicate the majority of his time to songwriting (which annoyed George OTL, I believe - IIRC, he didn't think Paul was taking transcendental meditation seriously enough); and finally, one Yoko Ono somehow doesn't consume all of John's thoughts, which leads to less friction with his wife Cynthia. George is happier to see the band taking the course more seriously. The all leave together for England in April after getting disillusioned with the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi just the same as OTL.
Back in London, the Beatles start getting more seriously involved with Apple, giving thought to which other artists could potentially be recruited for the label. In May, John and Paul go to New York to announce Apple, and have a widely-televised appearance on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. They play acoustic versions of Hello/Goodbye and I Am the Walrus, making for another iconic TV moment of the 60s**.

I will continue to write about 1968 later, but the first major butterfly in the boys' catalogue happens in the summer. Instead of waiting until the end of the year to release the first Apple LP, The Beatles (the White Album), a tighter and more inspired band decides to compile most of their Indian compositions into a single album. They also release what would be considered the strongest EP of the 1960s.

* The Inner Light is butterflied away to make room for Hey Bulldog. The raucous Lady Madonna/Hey Bulldog single tops the Melody Maker charts (OTL, it only reached #2) and the Billboard 200, giving the band another #1 (IOTL, Lady Madonna did not top the charts). I don't mean to get ahead of myself, but at some point in the future when the band plays live, the 'Madonna''s piano lick segues into 'Bulldog' quite well.
** This is blatantly taken from the amazing alt-history novel by Bryce Zabel, "Once There Was a Way". I highly, highly recommend it.

Album release: A Doll's House
A Doll's House.jpg

Side One:
  1. Blackbird (Paul #1) [1]
  2. Dear Prudence (John #1) [2]
  3. Glass Onion (John #2) [3]
  4. Sour Milk Sea (George #1) [4]
  5. What's the New Mary Jane? (John #3) [5]
  6. Circles (George #2)
  7. Cosmically Conscious (Paul #3) [6]
Side Two:
  1. Child of Nature (John #4) [7]
  2. The Happy Rishikesh Song (Ringo/Whole Band #1) [8]
  3. Not Guilty (George #3)
  4. Why Don't We Do It In The Road? (Paul #4)
  5. The Way You Look Tonight (I Will) (Paul #5) [9]
  6. Julia (John #5)
  7. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (George #4) [10]
[1] American listeners will recall that Rubber Soul opened with an acoustic McCartney track in the U.S. Capitol release, with I've Just Seen a Face. This is repeated here. If you're like me, I've Just Seen a Face almost beats Drive My Car as an album-opener. Fans in this universe will forever associate the opening chords of Blackbird with A Doll's House - a great way to start an album.
[2] John's acoustic riff from the Esher tapes closes this version instead of the White Album's fade.
[3] Entirely acoustic - a Lennon/McCartney duet. John's acoustic guitar segues into...
[4] George's first contribution to the album.
[5] Yeah. I mean, we got 'Wild Honey Pie' in our White Album... this is not that implausible!
[6] As played by Sir Paul many decades later. It fades with the whole band chanting "such a joy-joy". Very psychedelic.

[7] Child of Nature gets the full Jealous Guy treatment here. Lennon voice echo and all.
[8] Inspired by this cover from Apple Jam. The idea is that each band member sings a verse, with Ringo taking the lead. It's an entirely ASB idea, since Lennon would only write it in 1980 reminiscing about his time in India - but it works perfectly for this album. The more avid listener will pick up that the previous track opens with "on the road to Rishikesh...".
[9] The "Way You Look Tonight" part transitions I Will proper after a while.
[10] An alien space bat gives George Martin a copy of the 2006's Cirque du Soleil "Love" version of this song. That's it, that's the annotation.

EP release: The Beatles ("The Apple EP")
EP1968.png

Side One:

1. Revolution
2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Flip side:

1. Hey Jude
2. Don't Pass Me By

Notes: pretty much what you would expect - the electric version of Revolution, the White Album version of WMGGW featuring Eric Clapton, and then Hey Jude with "Don't Pass Me By" buried at the end.

The EP manages to keep the band true to its new ethos of equal representation, while also giving Apple a great companion product to the Beatles first LP on the new label. Capitol Records, the brand's distributor in the US, would disagree and release "Hey Jude b/w While My Guitar Gently Weeps" without the band's agreement in the North American market, which it considered to be the strongest (and least political) tracks off the EP.

Thus, the Beatles have their second #1 in 1968. More to come in part 2!

Green Day We Didn't Start The Fire.png

We Didn't Start The Fire - Green Day (2023)

Basically instead of Fall Out Boy, Green Day remakes Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire and is better than Fall Out Boy's version

Traveling Wilburys 2.jpg

The Traveling Wilburys Live at the 1988 US Fest

Side One:
1) Handle With Care
2) Got My Mind Set On You
3) Only the Lonely
4) Positively 4th Street
5) Turn to Stone
6) Even the Losers
7) Dirty World
Side Two:
1) Rattled
2) Dream Baby
3) Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby
4) Tangled Up in Blue
5) Last Night
6) Not Alone Any More
7) Evil Woman
Side Three:
1) Listen to Her Heart
2) You Got It
3) Congratulations
4) Heading for the Light
5) Roll Over Beethoven
6) You Got Lucky
7) Don’t Bring Me Down
8) Margarita
Side Four:
1) Tweeter and the Monkey Man
2) The Times They Are A Changin’
3) End of the Line
4) The Waiting
5) Livin’ Thing
6) My Back Pages
7) If Not For You
8) Oh, Pretty Woman

Dave Matthews Band - How Did I come to This (2000)
Track Listing
#1 Grey Street - 5:53
#2 Busted Stuff 4:05
#3 Digging a Ditch 4;24
#4 Sweet up and Down - 4:43
#5 JTR - 5:36
#6 Big Eyed Fish - 5:16 ->
#7 Bartender - 10:07
#8 Grace is Gone - 5:12
#9 Captain ( Crazy) - 5:27
#10 Monkey Man - 7:21
#11 Build you a House - 3:45
12 Kit Kat Jam - 4:00
13 Raven - 6:24

Notes This is what is called the Lillywhite Sessions was finished and not abandoned in this time line the band and Steve Lillywhite does not have the split that lead to the Album Everday and then Lillywhite Sessions being leaked in the summer of 2001.

the Singles would be the Lead single of Grey Street , Sweet Up and Down , Grace is gone and Raven.

Stryper-THWTD-1st.jpg

Stryper - To Hell with the Devil (1986)

Genre: Heavy Metal, Power Metal

1. The Abyss (Intro)
2. To Hell with the Devil
3. The Way
4. Free
5. In God We Trust
6. The Reign
7. Writings on the Wall
8. Sing-Along Song
9. Rockin' The World
10. Lonely
11. More Than A Man

after passing relatively under the radar with their solid, yet generic debut album the Yellow and Black Attack (ITTL carrying the heavier edge of the Roxx Regime demos), aside from My Love I'll Always Show (which, ITTL, is the rocking version from the demo) and the sleepr hit Honestly, Californian band Stryper became a breakthrough band with their second album, Soldiers Under Command, in 1985, catching attention with their punchy, speedy heavy metal full of melodies and infectious hooks (which would later be coined Power Metal), as well as their overtly christian lyrics. That latter aspects brought controversy to the band from religious groups who decried their christianity as a gimmick and also metal fans of that time who thought they were lame and poseur in public (albeit secretly listening to them in private).

Heading into the studio on a mission to prove their doubters wrong, the brothers Michael and Robert Sweet, Oz Fox and Tim Gaines perfected their sound and concocted a seminal release in the power metal genre, almost posing the basis of the european power metal sound that would later become popular late in the decade by bands like Helloween, who incorporated a lot more hooks and melodic songwriting into their work on their Keeper of the Seven Keys duology after Kai Hansen and Michael Weikath listened to the record.

This album has all the ingredients of a power metal classic: harmonious guitar playing, melodies aplenty, anthemic choruses and, at last, Stryper showed off that they can be as speedy and heavy as their secular counterparts with songs like the Way, Writings on the Wall, the speed metal of The Reign and Rockin' The World and the album closer More Than a Man. The anthemic title track, Sing-Along Song, Lonely and the singles In God We Trust and Free had heavy rotation on MTV, and the album would represent their commercial peak, earning Stryper the respect of Metal Fans and Christians alike and gaining the legitimacy they needed.

Stryper would continue into the power metal direction in their subsequent releases over the next decades such as Rage of Creation, Eyes of Eternity and Holy Hell.

A/N: This was inspired by a hobby of mine on youtube, where i change the speed of songs to make them better. When i did so on Stryper songs, i was stunned that it sounded like power metal, and some of the finest power metal i've ever heard, in fact. So yeah, here it is: Stryper as a power metal pioneer :biggrin:

Last edited:
Stryper-THWTD-1st.jpg

Stryper - To Hell

A/N: This was inspired by a hobby of mine on youtube, where i change the speed of songs to make them better. When i did so on Stryper songs, i was stunned that it sounded like power metal, and some of the finest power metal i've ever heard, in fact. So yeah, here it is: Stryper as a power metal pioneer
:biggrin:
Interesting. How do you change the speed on YouTube?

dhqd8cr4nnca1.jpg

Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (1991)

genre: Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal

Band Members:

James Hetfield: Rhythm Guitar, Vocals
Kirk Hammet: Lead Guitars
Cliff Burton: Bass
Bobby Jarzombek: Drums

Track List:

1. Hardwired to Self-Destruct
2. Moth Into Flame
3. Sad But True
4. Nothing Else Matters
5. Atlas, Rise
6. Wherever I May Roam
7. Holier Than Thou
8. My Friend of Misery (Instrumental)
9. Spit Out The Bone

Background:

in this TL, the POD is that, instead of Cliff dying during the tour bus crash in Sweden, it is Lars, prompting Metallica to cancel most of the dates on the Master of Puppets tour. With Cliff still proving leadership, however, the band would quickly find a replacement drummer in Texan Bobby Jarzombek, whom Cliff discovered by buying Jarzombek's former band Juggernaut's debut album, Baptism under fire, and being impressed by his technique and feel.

with Bobby in tow, Metallica completed the puppets tour, but took 1987 off due to the high emotions following Lars's untimely death. While Bobby recorded the seminal power metal album Thumdersteel with Riot (early 1988), James and Cliff came up with the songs for what would become "And Justice for All", where Bobby's technical drumming was shown in full swing as Metallica dropped their most progressive album to date.

the justice tour was a huge success, with the band still infamously losing to Jethro Tull at the Grammy awards, but it was clear that the band was on its last legs creatively speaking, and James and Cliff, while very good friends, didn't really have the same songwriting chemsitry that James and Lars provided together. Combined with the burnout from.the Justice tour, the band decided to simply go back to basics for their last album together and simply jam together and come up with all their best ideas.

"Hardwired...To Self-Destruct" was released in 1991, many seeing this as the back to basics album for Metallica, all while surprising people with the distinctly Sabbath-inspired "Sad But True" and "Wherever I May Roam" and the album's highlight, the 8-minute long "Nothing Else Matters", showing an unprecedented amount of maturity and emotional songwriting from Metallica and soon becoming a fan favorite. There are even hardcore punk influences on songs like Holier Than Thou and Atlas, Rise!, while thrashers would enjoy bangers like the title track, moth into flames and the album closer Spit out the bone. Finally, as if saying his goodbyes to the band, Burton would deliver a stunningly beautiful bass opus in "My Friend of Misery".

after this album, Metallica would embark on one last world tour, playing iconic concerts like.the first rock concert post-soviet union collapse in russia and post dictatorship in Chile, and they would call it quits after 1993, with Hetfield continuing with his solo alt-rock/mainstream rock band Hetfield, Kirk eventually finding his way back to Exodus for the 1997 reunion of the original lineup and for 2004's Tempo of the Damned, while Bobby joined Prog Metal band Fates Warning and Cliff took a long hiatus from the music industry before returning at the turn of the century with Testament for "The Gathering" and releasing solo jazz fusion albums. However, James, Cliff and Kirk's desires to play together again eventually reared its head, and on the anniversary of Lars's death, where all four guys played a reunion concert in San Francisco, Cliff and James talked about doing a one-off album and tour for old time's sake...

and i got a special treat for you! Here's some of the aformentioned songs in the old metallica style done using AI:

[Is ELO considered rock?]
ELO - Time (1981)
Concept album

Tracks:

Side A
1: Prologue (1:15)
2: Twilight (3:35)
3: Yours Truly, 2095 (3:15)
4: Ticket to the Moon (4:06)
5: The Way Life's Meant to Be (4:36)
6: Rain is Falling [1] (4:54)

Side B
1: Julie Don't Live Here Anymore [2] (3:42)
2: From the End of the World (3:16)
3: Here is the News [3] (3:49)
4: Hold on Tight [4] (3:05)
5: 21st Century Man [5] (4:00)
6: When Time Stood Still [6] (3:33)
7: Epilogue [7] (1:36)

[1] - This is slightly altered from OTL with the exclusion of "Another Heart Breaks", taking on a slightly more downbeat somber tone with an instrumental second half.
[2] - Mostly unchanged from OTL, opening up Side B with a sad song as a dark reflection of Side A's more upbeat opening. Replaces "The Lights go Down".
[3] - Song is slightly changed to include a foreshadowing of a time machine that is spoken about in "21st Century Man".
[4] - Virtually unchanged but within the context of the album becomes a much darker song, believed by ITTL fans to be a propaganda piece by those living in 2095 or drug-induced feelings of joy.
[5] - Changed to include lyrics that mention a time machine and attempting to return to 1981 (throwing back to "The Way Life's Meant to Be"), with a clean transition into the next song.
[6] - Serves as the sad emotional ending of Time, versus the upbeat "Hold on Tight" that instead plays earlier. Basically unchanged from OTL.
[7] - Major changes because Side B changes. The original release implies that the main character is stuck in a time loop; in the 2001 CD remaster (which includes OTL's "The Bouncer", ITTL's "Another Heart Breaks" and "The Lights go Down"), it's extended to imply the character suffers a mental breakdown upon returning to 1981, remixing portions of songs from ELO's "Eldorado" album, specifically "Can't Get it Out of my Head", "Nobody's Child", and "Eldorado". A rumor was started by fans ITTL that the main character of Time is committed to a mental hospital and suffered hallucinations, which connects to the theory that Eldorado is set within hallucinations.

Last edited: