Rock albums from alternate timelines

Autopilot Album Cover (B).jpg

Vinyl cover of Autopilot by Nirvana (1995)

(Not really to fond of this one too be honest, the back cover at least, not so much the front)​

Does Pat Smear get hired as an official member ITTL starting here?
I imagine it'd be a good move - for one, it takes some of the heavy lifting off Kurt when they play live - and gives their on-stage sound an extra dimension - plus Pat seems to be a pretty amiable guy, with experience dealing with bandmates' addictions.. so that experience could come in handy (maybe in terms of "what not to do").

If (as often speculated) Kurt was going to explore more styles & moods post-'In Utero', I can them adding a multi-instrumentalist as a 5th member as well - at least someone who can play guitar & keyboards, but the more instruments the better. I mean, just imagine having someone who could play guitar/bass, keyboards, and an instrument like violin/viola like how John Cale did in the Velvet Underground!

I imagine it'd be a good move - for one, it takes some of the heavy lifting off Kurt when they play live - and gives their on-stage sound an extra dimension - plus Pat seems to be a pretty amiable guy, with experience dealing with bandmates' addictions.. so that experience could come in handy (maybe in terms of "what not to do").

If (as often speculated) Kurt was going to explore more styles & moods post-'In Utero', I can them adding a multi-instrumentalist as a 5th member as well - at least someone who can play guitar & keyboards, but the more instruments the better. I mean, just imagine having someone who could play guitar/bass, keyboards, and an instrument like violin/viola like how John Cale did in the Velvet Underground!
If you ask me had Kurt lived, i'd picture Nirvana ending up like Radiohead, doing experimental rock related music.

If you ask me had Kurt lived, i'd picture Nirvana ending up like Radiohead, doing experimental rock related music.
Yep, and a move like that certainly would be easier with a multi-instramentalist in the line-up, like how Radiohead have Jonny Greenwood on guitar, keyboards, and various electronic instruments.

Maybe Peter Holsapple (ex-dBs, fresh from his stint in REM's touring lineup), could be brought in? He has skills in guitar, bass & keyboards.

I am sure someone already said it, but I always love to think about New Order's first album, "Movement", and how it would've looked like had Ian Curtis remained alive. Not only would Joy Division still be around, but there's no doubt in my mind that the album would've had some of the JD tracks that they did alongside "Closer".

"Love Will Tear Us Apart", "Atmosphere", "In a Lonely Place" and "Ceremony" would surely have made it to the album imo, along with "Truth". I can also imagine the B-side perhaps getting a lighter tone if songs like "Dreams never end" still end up in the album. I doubt Ian would be bothered to carry on after that though. I think by 1983, we would've seen New Order emerge either way, only with "Power, Corruption and Lies" being their debut album instead.

The Ladders - Abracadabra (June 21, 1967)
1: Astronomy Domine (Barrett)
2: Let Me Sleep Beside You (Bowie)
3: She Said She Said (Lennon)
4: Rubber Band (Bowie)
5: Apples & Oranges (Barrett)
6: Yellow Submarine (Lennon/Starkey)
7: Mr. Kite (Lennon)
8: The Carnival Of Light (Lennon/Barrett/Bowie/Waters/Starkey)
9: Baby You're A Rich Man (Lennon)
10: When I Live My Dream (Bowie)
11: Strawberry Fields Forever (Lennon)
12: Bike (Barrett)
13: Please Mr. Gravedigger (hidden track)
Recorded October 17, 1966 - May 28, 1967

The Ladders - Abracadabra (June 21, 1967)
1: Astronomy Domine (Barrett)
2: Let Me Sleep Beside You (Bowie)
3: She Said She Said (Lennon)
4: Rubber Band (Bowie)
5: Apples & Oranges (Barrett)
6: Yellow Submarine (Lennon/Starkey)
7: Mr. Kite (Lennon)
8: The Carnival Of Light (Lennon/Barrett/Bowie/Waters/Starkey)
9: Baby You're A Rich Man (Lennon)
10: When I Live My Dream (Bowie)
11: Strawberry Fields Forever (Lennon)
12: Bike (Barrett)
13: Please Mr. Gravedigger (hidden track)
Recorded October 17, 1966 - May 28, 1967
Interesting! What's the POD for this one?

POD stands for Point Of Departure, in other words, what happened in this alternate timeline that led to this album being made?
i see, i'll explain:

basically the beatles broke up after the candlestick park concert, mccartney and harrison release their first albums around april '67 or so, lennon recorded strawberry fields forever with ringo and george martin, after the sessions were done lennon and ringo walked out, bowie also walked out of EMI after finishing recording the laughing gnome (he goes to EMI instead of deram), lennon wants to form a band with him, blah blah blah i don't have time to say the rest

The Dirty Mac - Self-Titled (November 10, 1970)
1: Brown Sugar (Jagger)
2: Cold Turkey (Lennon)
3: Can't Find My Way Home (Winwood)
4: After Midnight (Clapton)
5: Money (That's What I Want) (Gordy/Covay/Bradford)
6: Badge (Clapton)
7: Christ! (It Ain't Easy) (Lennon)
8: Sea Of Joy (Winwood)
9: Let It Bleed (Jagger)
10: Bell Bottom Blues (Clapton)
11: Look At Me (Lennon)
12: Give Me Some Truth (Lennon)
13: You Can't Get What You Always Want (Jagger)
14: Love Is Real (Lennon)
15: Do What You Like (Baker/Winwood)

Attachments

• snapedit_1691019256757.jpg
    snapedit_1691019256757.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
The Velvet Underground & Nico - Self-Titled (June 20, 1966)
1: Venus In Furs (Reed)
2: I'll Be Your Mirror (Reed/Nico)
3: There She Goes Again (Reed)
4: European Son to Delmore Schwartz (Reed/Cale/Nico/Morrison/Tucker)
5: All Tomorrow's Parties (Reed/Nico)
6: I'm Waiting For My Man (Reed)
7: The Story Of The Black Angel (Reed)
8: Heroin (Reed)
9: After Hours (Reed/Tucker)

Attachments

• snapedit_1691184010471.jpg
    snapedit_1691184010471.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 68
The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat (November 14, 1967)
1: White Light/White Heat (Reed)
2: These Days (Jackson Browne)
3: Lady Godiva's Operation (Reed/Cale)
4: Hey Mr. Rain (Reed)
5: Evening Of Light (Nico)
6: I Heard Her Call My Name (Reed)
7: Sister Ray (Reed/Cale/Nico/Morrison/Tucker)

Attachments

• Untitled Project (1).jpg
    Untitled Project (1).jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited: