Revolution! Or, A Victorian Cold War

What country should I cover once I've finished California?

• Total voters
Port Arthur Postcard
portarthurpostcard_by_kitfisto1997-dbujwi7.png

Granted the image isn't OTL Port Arthur (or Lushun City), but at least this little postcard should give ya'll a nice idea of what it's like. :D

I'm working on that West Africa update, plus a map of the region. But I've also started some work on this little piece... ;)

A House Divided: A Treatise on American Regionalism - a.k.a America: The Next Poland-Lithuania?

While I'm planning/writing some of these updates in a rather piecemeal fashion, I've been thinking of working on some more cultist/conspiracy-related updates based on OTL groups such as Raelism and further developing that 'Orbital Culture' I mentioned in a recent update. So stay tuned for some ayyy lmao cults and the like. :)

Gary Johnson Speech
A House Divided: A Treatise on American Regionalism and Federal Interference.

As written by then-Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson (L-RR).

The United States of America is said by many to be an experiment in progress, with the goal of seeing how a nation will function with a decentralised government and an open and free marketplace wherein goods, people and ideas can flow freely with as little state or corporate interventionism as possible.

But now, it seems that this experiment has failed in the utmost. The free marketplace of ideas and goods has been quashed in the name of national security, while the economy lacks the freedom needed to grow after heavy government tariffs and 20 years of needless interventionism by both Democratic and National Unionist governments. The free movement of men has been curtailed, and the south-western borders with Texas and California have been closed on the grounds of being ‘too porous’ since the end of the Cold War.

The Federal Government in Philadelphia has no right to enact these overarching laws onto both the state governments and the average American citizen. We have to take back power from the corrupt entrenched elites in our capital district and give it back to you, the people. I seek to bring back the freedoms and liberties that our great nation had enjoyed during the short-lived Kennedy Administration. I will give the State Governors the ability to allow their electorates the right to decide on the issues that matter to them and leave the Federal Government to managing defence, the judiciary and the day-to-day matters of our nation.

The National Unionists have been embroiled in corruption scandals that threaten the already tenuous relationship between man and nature. The Democrats have produced a slew of mediocre interventionist Presidents that bow down to other nations and accept their demands. The rest of our bought-and-sold government continues to choke the markets by allowing corrupt, foreign MegaCorporations onto our soil that take away jobs from the local corporates that have nigh-impeccable track records on transparency and quality of products.

If I get elected to the Presidency I will focus on America, first and foremost. We will adhere to the warnings of our Founding Fathers, especially those of Thomas Paine, the man who wrote the treatise that gave our divided leaders the spark of hope that would carry the American Revolution to fruition.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one.”

Paine spoke of our federal government as a necessary evil, an institution that should be kept in check by the people and their elected representatives. The only thing the government should be afraid of is its own people.

Not a place upon earth might be so happy as America. Her situation is remote from all the wrangling world, and she has nothing to do but to trade with them.”

Paine also spoke of an America that only trades with their enemies and certainly does not make war with them. We will work on pulling these United States out of the Consortium Inner Council and will relegate our membership in the Entente to that of an observer role. We will pull out forces out of the European-related quagmires in Libya, Colombia, Cathay and the East Indies as we have no business being there. We will accept any and all refugees from these conflicts if they’ve been denied access from nearby nations in South America or North Africa. We will continue to make our nation an armed one, but only out of necessity. The Armed Forces will be downsized as power will shift from the Joint Chiefs to the National Guard heads.

The education systems and police forces will be streamlined, reducing it from a county-based approach to a state one. We will not have hundreds of education, military and economic departments. We will only have 36 of them and that is how they will and should always be - as that is the number of States in our bountiful Union, a Union that seeks a form of armed isolationism from the rest of the world.

We will stand tall amongst the European aristocracies and the Far Eastern chaos to assert our position via non-violence and commerce. We will push for a world where no nation holds influence over the disparate states of the Americans, Africa and the Orient. We will have a truly free market where men and goods shall flow freely without restrictive tariffs…

We will take America back to the Age of Revolutions. 1776 will commence again, come hell or high water. We will win this election, we will make the Libertarian movement the mainstream after decades of being forced into the halls of academia and lower levels of government.

1776 will commence again!

--

I await the Alex Jones and AnCap Ball memes in the replies. :D

Last edited:
We're Breaking The Conditioning ARRRAGHH!Buy My Products!:angry::p

Hahah! :p

As much as I support Libertarianism and the idea of an open, free market...

I mean, how insane do you have to be to allow corporations into the government, to throw open the borders and pull troops out of some much-needed battlegrounds in the Americas and beyond?

This version of America is on the railroad to hell... :(

f13.jpg

Jabberjay

Banned
What is needed is traditionalism. Who cares if you have abundance if you have no culture. Maybe Minarchism will work.I hope I am not banned for this.

What is needed is traditionalism. Who cares if you have abundance if you have no culture. Maybe Minarchism will work.I hope I am not banned for this.

I actually don't mind some of the things certain TradCons and ModCons have to say. Same with the more moderate social liberals and libertarians for the socially progressive side of politics.

A little bit of tradition can balance out the excesses of progressivism and vice versa.

Imo the current vacuum of religion (or even just the culture that surrounds it - this is coming from an atheist, mind you :p) in the West worries me as it's now being filled in by this wave of political extremism that chases either social progression or regression at all costs, consequences be damned.

Throwing out rationality and pragmatic realpolitik for that quick emotional rush of virtue signalling is also a perennial problem too.

Preservation of culture and faith is important, for all nations, religions and people groups. Replacing it with a kind of 'push my ideology at any costs, consequences be damned' mentality is a step that may drive us further into ideological extremism.

I don't agree with libertarianism on everything, but I do generally sympathize with its position on the free movement of people (well, maybe they take it a little bit too far sometimes, but they do that with everything).

I never understood the phrase "having no culture". Everyone has a culture of some kind. You can't not have one unless you were raised in isolation as some kind of experiment or something.

I don't agree with libertarianism on everything, but I do generally sympathize with its position on the free movement of people (well, maybe they take it a little bit too far sometimes, but they do that with everything).

That's the one principle that I wholly disagree with. As much as I'm suspicious of the state and regard taxation as a pseudo-illegitimate practice that's required for the survival of civilised society, I'm willing to put my foot down on certain issues, border control and immigration being one of those issues.

Anyway, have any of ya'll got questions on the TL?