Revolution! Or, A Victorian Cold War

What country should I cover once I've finished California?

• Total voters
I hate to think what Donald Trump is like ITTL....

There's an expy of him as Chancellor of Germany, albeit a poor one. He's sort of a Putin-esque figure without the blatant authoritarianism, instead he's a returned exile (born in the UK) who wishes to see his country prosper in the face of British (and by extension, EC) meddling.

Hong Kong Arc: Chapter 17
Location: Unknown Apartment adjacent to Prince Edward Station. New Territories, Crown Colony of Hong Kong.
Operation Name: Pearl River
Primary Goal: Protect HRH the Prince and Princess of Wales from assassination attempts. Work alongside Hong Kong P.F. and Royal Guards to minimise any potential Red Army Faction damage.
Secondary Goal(s): Find and apprehend Heinrich Kohler (R.A.F Leader) [NEW OBJECTIVE!]
Current Time: 8.15 am – GMT +8 – Early December 2015.
Time since Mission Start: +45 minutes
Status of Lethal Force Usage: Indeterminate, currently Denied.
Status of Agent Wright and Agent Davis: Apartment Alpha successfully secured. Awaiting orders from Sir A. Carlisle [I-V UK GOV’T] and L. Herz. [AGENCY]. En-Route to Apartment Beta.

“If I ever get out of here… Thought of giving it all away, to a registered charity… All I need is a pint a day, If I ever get outta here… If we ever get outta of here…”

---

“How far are we from Apartment Beta?” Marcus hissed to Alicia through his earpiece, trying to keep his wits about him as he bolted through the tight alleyways that separated the towering apartment blocks from one another. The maze of concrete and steel would’ve disorientated Marcus if it wasn’t for the fact that he was constantly checking the small holographic display that was giving him what seemed to be the most optimal route through the back streets and alleyways of Hong Kong’s Central Business District.

“200… No, wait… 180 metres in front of us… We just need to keep running, we’ll get to it eventually...”

“Anything to escape the crowds, right? It’s not like this world isn’t used to the sight of a firearm or two...” Marcus fired back with his trademark snark, glancing behind his shoulder every few seconds to check if Alicia hadn’t gotten lost.

“Her Majesty’s Government is on a need-to-know basis for this Operation… We can’t risk running into some mob of trigger-happy Rhodesians or Gurkhas. I also don’t think that running into a crowd of civilians with a veritable arsenal strapped to your back is a good idea...”

A sudden pop of static, followed by a grating hiss that one would easily expect from a radio that was out of tune, overwhelmed the pair’s earpieces as two familiar voices came through the interference before the static petered out to a low background hiss…

“My sincerest apologies for not being able to get back to you two since mission start… Your superiors were awfully tight-lipped about keeping communications to a minimum. Our intelligence services are very interested in your communications networks…” Athelred Carlisle’s voice came through the static, only to be followed by Logan Herz’s gruff Austrian German accent.

“A small contingent of Her Majesty’s Royal Guards has been redirected to secure Apartment Delta and any other remaining RAF strongholds that may be nearby...” The Senior Agent spoke over the pair’s earpieces, taking a visual note of the two Agent’s movements on a holographic map of the city.

“Apartment Beta is in sight, Sir. Do we have permission to storm the building?” Marcus replied to his superior as he and Alicia stepped out of the alleyway and onto another backstreet. What was labelled ‘Apartment Beta’ was now in front of them, seemingly an old, abandoned office building that had become home to any number of gangs, terrorist groups and any other organisations of ill repute in the past and was now one of many bases that the Red Army Faction used to strike terror in the hearts of their enemies.

“I hereby give you two permission to proceed into Apartment Beta. I’ll now leave it to you two with how you see this mission to the end. Lethal force is only allowed for self-defence and self-defence only. We needn’t another security scare on our hands like last time...”

“We’ll do our best sir. For Queen, Empire and the Agency." Marcus smirked to himself as the comms link cut out. The Prussian then unhooked the strange assault rifle from its shoulder harness and held it over his right shoulder, just as Alicia walked up beside him with her own weapon unhooked, sitting comfortably in her arms.

“Let’s show some Red wankstains who’s boss…”

Last edited:
I now present ya'll with a preview of the next GeoPol update. Then there's gonna be another New York update after that.

PART VI: AFRICA (CENTRAL)

Central Africa

Central Africa is the portion of the Dark Continent that truly lives up to its mysterious moniker. Tonnes of terrifying and terrific tales of MegaCorps, former Franco-Portuguese colonial mismanagement and other stories of such magnitude frequently hit the front bages of Anglo-American tabloids on a bi-weekly basis. One day a tourist goes missing and is later found in pieces at the Gabon-Conogolese Border, while the Zairan Emperor decides to address his people in a speech that would make Amin, Bokassa and Mobtutu feel inadequate. Central Africa can best be summed up politically as a region of Tinpot Little African Countries™[1], overseas European states and a semi-sovereign corporate entity or two in the great mix of nation-states that make up this tortured, slowly-healing planet.

Alrighty, I'm back from Brisbane with *possibly* recharged batteries and some updates in the works. Expect at least one of them to come out next week. :)

I've done a great deal of work on the Central African portion of the GeoPol series.

Here's another preview before I finish work on it for the day. :)

Often considered to be the slightly saner younger brother of Zaire, the Kingdom of Ubangi-Shari is one of the few stable and marginally democratic states in Central Africa. A constitutional monarchy consisting of around 7.5 million denizens, the nation is under the control of the mixed-race Bangassou-Belmont family and their descendants.

Formosa Map
map_of_formosa__revolution__redux__by_kitfisto1997-dc28341.png

The Republic of Formosa is an island nation located off the coast of the Eurasian continent. The state shares maritime borders with the Commonwealth of the Philippines, the Cantonese Republic and the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom. The population of Formosa stands at around 41 million as of the 2014 census, with a quarter of the population (approx. 12 million) residing in the Greater Táiběi Metropolitan Region. Most of the population is split between the Han and Cantonese ethnic groups with a small minority of native Austronesians coming at a close third at approx. 2.4 million.

Most of the major metropolitan areas in Formosa are connected to one another via the Azalea Belt, a series of high speed Maglev lines that wraps around the coast of the island nation. The remaining amount of conventional rail lines have since been reconfigured to handle high-speed traffic. Other forms of transport, ranging from ordinary cars and buses to the more exotic such as StratJets (read: suborbital ramjets) and Hydrofoils are also available to those that wish to take other forms of transport around both mainland Formosa and the nearby Penghu Islands.

Formosa is one of the manufacturing hubs of the Orient and is one of the Four Asian Tigers (the other three are Canton, Dai Viet and Korea, with Japan being the unofficial ‘Fifth Tiger’). Various MegaCorps have since made their homes in Táiběi, mostly due to the lax corporate taxes and American-style free market policies. Rumours of both native and international MegaCorps using Qing and Taiping citizens as slave labour and Rhodesian PMCs for state and corporate espionage are only just that, rumours.

The Formosan government is that of a republican form of governance with a unicameral legislature. Votes are open for all citizens who perform at least 6 months of civic or military service upon reaching the age of 21. The majority of the populace holds what would be considered mainstream conservative viewpoints while also supporting economically liberal policies. Rumours of MegaCorp infiltration are as unfounded as the aforementioned rumours of child slavery and racist PMCs.