Return of Horrible Educational Maps

26047131_2198740763470223_691453983029702906_n.png

Look at this "glorious" Facebook find.

Also Alaska is independent now and the Black Sea drying up and becoming its own country, and Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro) still being around.

marijuana-map-large.jpg

States where marijuana is legal.
This is actually entirely accurate to 2013. The reason Michigan and Maryland look so weird is that they include their jurisdiction over bodies of water. The only problems I can see are that it doesn't include Alaska and Hawaii and it's missing its legend.

This is actually entirely accurate to 2013. The reason Michigan and Maryland look so weird is that they include their jurisdiction over bodies of water. The only problems I can see are that it doesn't include Alaska and Hawaii and it's missing its legend.
Sure, showing water area isn't technically wrong, but it looks weird, what's the benefit of including it?

Also, is it just me or is Texas smaller than normal?

Sure, showing water area isn't technically wrong, but it looks weird, what's the benefit of including it?

Also, is it just me or is Texas smaller than normal?
I think it's so people don't think Michigan's Upper Peninsula is a separate state. And it's just you; Texas looks like that with that projection.

Text in Russian, translated:

"The Earth isn't flat or round.
The Earth is Poland."

Text in Polish repeated several times on the background, translated:

"Creative books for girls"

Also in Polish, under the globe:

"The Globe of Poland"