Return of Horrible Educational Maps

A kid's magazine in France has had a mini-scandal over the caption on an educational map in a recent issue - but the map itself is equally offensive.
DR6Co0lXcAABgAD.jpg

There's too much going on to list, but I especially like the independent states in the Canadian arctic.

Isaac Beach

Banned
A kid's magazine in France has had a mini-scandal over the caption on an educational map in a recent issue - but the map itself is equally offensive.
DR6Co0lXcAABgAD.jpg

There's too much going on to list, but I especially like the independent states in the Canadian arctic.

Hey look, an independent Tasmania! And I like how Russia has solved their little Ukrainian issue by absorbing the Black Sea. Chile is thicc, it appears the Maritime States and parts of New England are free (and I think New York has been annexed by Canada to compensate?) and Japan has balkanised. Oh and similarly to Russia, Iraq has not only stabilised from their battle with ISIS but expanded over Kuwait and all the way down the Persian Gulf

DR6Co0lXcAABgAD.jpg

Can anyone translate this? I am wondering if it is speaking about Israel seizing the homeland of Abraham in Iraq and annexing Egypt due to historical reasons. Though if the colors do signify those are Israeli, I suppose it would mean Germany wasn't also given to them as reperations.

Can anyone translate this? I am wondering if it is speaking about Israel seizing the homeland of Abraham in Iraq and annexing Egypt due to historical reasons. Though if the colors do signify those are Israeli, I suppose it would mean Germany wasn't also given to them as reperations.
Nah.

"We call thse 197 countries 'states', like France, Germany, or Algeria. There exist a few more, but all the other countries in the world disagree with calling them real countries (such as the State of Israel and North Korea)."

Rough translation and sounds a bit weird, but it sounds pretty weird in French, too. I mean, "tous les autres pays du monde ne sont pas d'accord pour dire que ce sont des vrais pays" sounds awkward as fuck.

Also, it looks like Sweden was submerged and switched places with the Baltic sea after Denmark and Norway decided to dam the Øresund.

DR6Co0lXcAABgAD.jpg

>When your map is so wrong it arguably becomes Alternate History.

DR6Co0lXcAABgAD.jpg

my favorite part is the united zambia-botswana state

The only thing I can see wrong is Greater Serbia and subsequent lumping of Bosniaks under Croatia.
Yes it's a big thing that doesn't exist politically but is that it?
The borders in general are horrific. And you can look at some of the other maps I linked bellow the image if you're not familiar with the borders of the Balkan States.

The borders in general are horrific. And you can look at some of the other maps I linked bellow the image if you're not familiar with the borders of the Balkan States.
But the map isn't about showing accurate borders it's about showing distances between cities/towns in the area. So only the subsumation of Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, is egregiously wrong as it's not showing current countries.
A London Underground map doesn't show correct placement of the tube stations relative to each other. Is that wrong also?

But the map isn't about showing accurate borders it's about showing distances between cities/towns in the area. So only the subsumation of Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, is egregiously wrong as it's not showing current countries.
A London Underground map doesn't show correct placement of the tube stations relative to each other. Is that wrong also?

Then it shouldn't have any borders on it. Or at least show Bosnia.

I get the map's intent, but the hyper simplified borders are bizarre regardless of the map's intent.