Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Regrettably (or luckily?) reddit didn't have any pics of the other parts of the world that can't be seen on that photo.
What is that country in between France and Germany? A resurrected Lotharingia?
Also Lithuania has reannexed Belarus.

I also wonder whether mistakes have been made when filling in countries. It seems most filled in countries appear on the lists below and vice verse, but there are exceptions like Sri-Lanka (not filled in despite appearing on a list) and Egypt (not appearing on a list despite being filled in).

Just a somewhat wobbly map from reddit:

badwobbly.jpg

Just a somewhat wobbly map from reddit:
Warning bad puns incoming:
Ah, the Philippines are now the Philip-gones.
And Denmark is now Denisle.
Finally, the Falkland Islands are now the Falk no-land Islands.

Though outside of those I find no other large errors so I do not think it actually is horrible enough for this thread. If you ask me what is worst about the map is that it uses the Mercator Projection.

Though outside of those I find no other large errors so I do not think it actually is horrible enough for this thread. If you ask me what is worst about the map is that it uses the Mercator Projection.

So you want really bad stuff? Then how about an embroidered globe, where someone apparently stitched a mercator projection on a spherical surface.
The size of Scandinavia, Svalbard and the Canadian Artic Archipelago indicates that it must be a mercator (of course how the mercator projection turns Ireland and Britain into a peninsula and link the Caspian Sea with the Persian Gulf shall remain a mystery)

badsamglo1.jpg

Oh, and don't worry about them forgetting South America and Greenland. They just put them where there was still place for them:

badsamglo2.jpg

(All found on reddit)

Hmm, North America is not connected with South America but with Siberia.
Were the map makers a few million years behind with continental drift?
That would also explain why Britain is connected with continental Europe, Doggerland also still exists.

The somewhat sloppily drawn borders and coastlines are not overly bad (at least for the standards of this thread), it's the forgotten borders which give this map its peculiar charms.

Bosnia and Macedonia being shown, but the rest of Yugoslavia still united, I guess that's The Balkans™ for you (and due to sloppy borders one can't tell whether Moldova is part of Romania or Ukraine)
And the Baltic-Belorussian federation gives off weird Reichskommissariat Ostland vibes...

baddeuts4a.jpg

The somewhat sloppily drawn borders and coastlines are not overly bad (at least for the standards of this thread), it's the forgotten borders which give this map its peculiar charms.

Bosnia and Macedonia being shown, but the rest of Yugoslavia still united, I guess that's The Balkans™ for you (and due to sloppy borders one can't tell whether Moldova is part of Romania or Ukraine)
And the Baltic-Belorussian federation gives off weird Reichskommissariat Ostland vibes...

View attachment 867892
Yeah Croatia-Serbis and neo-Reichskommisariat Ostland are what really make this sketch, but also they decided to give Sudan that triangle place! HOW DARE THEY DO THAT D:< /s.

View attachment 867892
They include Azerbaijan, but not Armenia or Georgia