Rejection and Revenge: An alternate 9/11 timeline

Or Bin Laden is never seen again and the US leadership manage to keep a lid on the Bin Laden-Saudi-Iran connection. The narrative is managed with only selected people being briefed from the US and Allies. It still 'lights fires around the world' but it does not explode all over the media. After many years it might come out and tarnish Clinton and co later- but immediately nope.
If the author goes this route, then ATL 9/11 truthers saying it wasn't Hezbollah/Iran would be right. The Towers were brought down by another group, and the US government covered it up. :frown:

Man, we need a sequel where some journalist stumbles on the truth and the poor guy finds himself in the middle of the largest conspiracy since... um... forever, I guess.

Geon

Donor
If the author goes this route, then ATL 9/11 truthers saying it wasn't Hezbollah/Iran would be right. The Towers were brought down by another group, and the US government covered it up. :frown:

Man, we need a sequel where some journalist stumbles on the truth and the poor guy finds himself in the middle of the largest conspiracy since... um... forever, I guess.

If you'll note from earlier in the TL, Tom Brokaw has already been making some disturbing discoveries on his own. I would love to see where this leads.

Wasn't that part of the plotline in the Icarus Falls T/L?

Stretch

Donor
I salute you wolverine! Started reading the thread before I got my account set up here and immensely enjoyed reading it. Can't wait for the return!

NEWS!
So, some things that are going to be upcoming in the next few months:

1. I have finished my outline for the sequel, and have posted a prologue here (which will be the home of the sequel T/L)
  2. I will be editing this T/L and adding some bonus content to be published as an e-book through Amazon. Purchases/spreading the word to non-forum readers will be greatly appreciated.
  3. This sequel T/L will take us through the end of 1996, so you'll get to enjoy both the U.S. and Russian elections.
Just as one example of the changed world, here's what Afghanistan will look like by early 1995:

Afghanistan divided.png

The Taliban aren't quite as successful, so you'll see a division a la Yemen in the 1970s/80s. Anyways, go have a read!

Oh yeah, looking forward to the sequel!

Just one thing though... there's a bunch of chapters without thread marks in the index - makes trying to find certain chapters difficult...

So, some things that are going to be upcoming in the next few months:

1. I have finished my outline for the sequel, and have posted a prologue here (which will be the home of the sequel T/L)
  2. I will be editing this T/L and adding some bonus content to be published as an e-book through Amazon. Purchases/spreading the word to non-forum readers will be greatly appreciated.
  3. This sequel T/L will take us through the end of 1996, so you'll get to enjoy both the U.S. and Russian elections.
Just as one example of the changed world, here's what Afghanistan will look like by early 1995:

View attachment 430995

The Taliban aren't quite as successful, so you'll see a division a la Yemen in the 1970s/80s. Anyways, go have a read!

I’m really happy for you, man. Thank you for blessing us with this awesome TL!

Will you be publishing through Sea Lion Press?

So the Afghan Civil War will be more or less the same as OTL up until Osama's capture? Where the Taliban won't blitzkrieg their way to Kabul as in OTL September 27, 1996?

It's happening!
I'm working on editing the story and adding the extra content right now, but here's a look at the cover. =D

rejection & revenge final cover (reduced).jpg

I'll add the link to this thread and the new one as soon as editing is completed. I've also begun discussions with SLP as well, so I may end up in multiple places.

Last edited: