Reducing costs of sending ships into orbit

I wish that one of the guys with the big IT fortunes had Henrythe Navigator (Prince of Portugal) as their model rather than JD Rockefeller.

Ionocraft and Rich Space Backer

Duquense
I knew some of the people working on the Ionocraft designs. They were interested in signal relays only. It doesn't work for massive objects like ships, just radio relays.
Norman
One of the Apple computer guys was working on Hybrid rockets around here in the 80's. Didn't get very far, except that some of his technology was still around recently.

IIRC when U charge the ten pound capacitor up to 1 million volts it then weighted 9 lbs 15 ozs or some such, I Was Joking :p :D :) :cool:

In the 1950s the AVRO company was working on plans to luanch rockets out of the Arrow aircraft it had develop for the Canadian Air Force. The Arrow was an extremely high-speed, high-altitute interseptor. It had the misfortune of being unvield on the same day the world found out about Sputnik, which sort of foretold the aircraft's fate. It was eventually scraped due to high costs, and replaced with bomarac land-based missiles.

http://www.avroarrow.org/history.html

Keep the Arrow program going, and you will give Canada a chance to develop smaller plane-luanched rockets an an alternative to the massive US and Soviet style land-luanched bohemiths. Of course many of the scientists and engeniers that made the "Apollo" and other US missions a success were former AVRO employees. If the ARVO compnay is still going they won't be available to be poached by NASA and the US space program will be retarded vis-a-vis OTL.

Back to the point, OTL Canada was the third nation to put a satellite into orbit after the US and USSR. Keep the AVRO company going and Canada could build up a community of aerospace experts capable of advancing a space program.