Reds fanfic

I find it incredibly interesting and I don't have to like the political theme of a to to like the scenario and story. For example i think Rumsfeledia utterly character assanaited the Actual Rumsfeld but I still find it incredibly entertaining to read.

I guess? I mean, nobody actually thinks that Rummy from Rumsfeldia is at all an accurate depiction of Donald Rumsfeld, but that's sort of besides the point. It just seems like if you're in this thread you're surrounded by far leftists.

Is that really something you want to have to deal with?

Hey most of this forum has left wing pranks and on economic issues i lean to the left anyway,one hint though don't get me started on social issues, it will be best for both of us.

Nobody's asking your opinions on social issues?

Also, we know what you're talking about when you mean 'social issues', and no, I didn't need to be reminded of that given that apparently your beliefs on such issues are significant enough to potentially lead to a ban if you ever talked about them.

You don't need to brag about that shit. It's passive-aggressive and kind of uncomfortable for many of us.

Nobody's asking your opinions on social issues?

Also, we know what you're talking about when you mean 'social issues', and no, I didn't need to be reminded of that given that apparently your beliefs on such issues are significant enough to potentially lead to a ban if you ever talked about them.

You don't need to brag about that shit. It's passive-aggressive and kind of uncomfortable for many of us.
Sorry, their have just been a couple incidents which got calbear involved i don't want anyone getting warned or kicked because i let my mouth out. By social issues,I am vigorously pro life(interestingly enough one of the reasons i don't support trump, I think he is a secret pro-choicer) Anti gay marriage and hate Hollywood social liberalism.you know the usual. Sorry about the wording left-wing pranks that was my auto correct on my phone and I did not notice it for a long while.

Hey most of this forum are left wing folks and on economic issues i lean to the left anyway,one hint though don't get me started on social issues, it will be best for both of us.
Nobody here cares about your Orthodox Papist social stances and nobody here is fooled by your coyness about how they could potentially get you in major trouble with the Staff. In the name of Holy Mother Jesus, stop trying to beg a potentially hostile question when nobody here wants to discuss it.

Nobody here cares about your Orthodox Papist social stances and nobody here is fooled by your coyness about how they could potentially get you in major trouble with the Staff. In the name of Holy Mother Jesus, stop trying to beg a potentially hostile question when nobody here wants to discuss it.
I didn't mean it that way, I'm sorry I should really get better at wording things.

Okay, people, let's calm down here. He's not doing anything wrong. He's allowed to have a different opinion on matters, and still enjoy the timeline.

Okay, people, let's calm down here. He's not doing anything wrong. He's allowed to have a different opinion on matters, and still enjoy the timeline.
Thank you, as I said I still really enjoy the timeline even though I would not want to live in it, keep up the good work. By the way has anyone done a piece on Dorothy Day yet, I really like her and might want to do something in here about her.

Does anyone here remember the mid 90s Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon, the one that aired on Saturday mornings? Sonic and his friends are guerillas fighting against a dictator literally roboticizing workers. It was really leftist.

I think you're talking about Sonic SatAM. It's not officially called that, but almost everyone uses that nickname. (It was literally called that because it aired on Saturday mornings. :p)

Well it aint all sunshine and rainbows, I mean the UASR cracks down on free speech pretty heavily and they even have a freaking secret police force. I will acknowledge though a good deal of this is wishfuffillment and I would never fit in the world here.
Wait, it does? shit... @Jello_Biafra is this guy right or is he just misreading stuff badly?

https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...pace-bat-ideas-and-more.436448/#post-16474390 I made a thing.

I think you're talking about Sonic SatAM. It's not officially called that, but almost everyone uses that nickname. (It was literally called that because it aired on Saturday mornings. :p)

Wait, it does? shit... @Jello_Biafra is this guy right or is he just misreading stuff badly?
For the former, no more so than say; Germany does. For the latter, that depends on whether you consider the FBI a secret police force or not. Feel free to add stuff there.

The TV tropes page is generally not a reliable source of information on the timeline.

As for restoring the second republic; it's essentially an impossibility to go back to the way things were. The 48 states have been reshuffled in terms of borders to the point that America's internal borders are going to be difficult to recognise for people outside the timeline. Tearing apart the southern states to make way for the autonomous republic of Gullah and carving out native american autonomous republics are just scratching the surface in terms of reorganisation of America's internals. Then there is the way the whole system works which is very, very radically different from the old federal system. Gone is first past the post, gone are the legislatures you're familiar with and the entire office of the presidency has been split apart into the offices of the presidium with even the duties of the head of state being divided between multiple people. The basic law of America finally no more offers a way to return to the second republic than the American constitution offered a way to return to feudalism.

Last edited:

In the context of the 1930s and 40s, such a statement would be undoubtedly true. It is, after all, a revolutionary emergency government that has just emerged triumphant in a civil war. They've been preparing for what appears to be an inevitable apocalyptic confrontation between themselves and the forces of reaction, and then spent six years in a state of total war against the Axis (half of that time spent preparing for the rest of the capitalist world to join the Axis).

It is understandable that in these contexts, their doctrine about free speech would be a bit more restrained in this period.

In this context, something akin to the bad tendency test from historical jurisprudence would be applied in free speech cases. And in the bounds of emergency government, advocating counterrevolution is treated as immediately seditious and punished accordingly. They also more broadly suppress, or employ the threat of suppression, against organizations like the True Democrats and many civic organizations that became organzing points for counterrevolutionaries.

It is not much different from what the US government did historically in the same period.

The Committee for State Security are a secret police, and they're far more powerful than the FBI was even at the zenith of Hoover's power. There is, in theory, more public oversight in the form of the national security juries, but in this period the body politic is much more likely agree with domestic surveillance and the suppression of counterrevolution by any means necessary. And it's an organization filled with true believers in the cause. For good or ill, they're not staffed based on a network of personal loyalties and clientage, but on a shared belief in the cause, and this makes the organization zealous and prone to factionalism. But at the same time, they really do think they're the good guys and sometimes the angels of their better nature prevail.

Well it aint all sunshine and rainbows, I mean the UASR cracks down on free speech pretty heavily and they even have a freaking secret police force. I will acknowledge though a good deal of this is wishfuffillment and I would never fit in the world here.

What the UASR does to its internal opponents is a rough mirror of the US during the red scare. Triggered by real concerns (internal terrorism and post revolution violence rather than an international conflict, but it's still there), but taking a life of its own, as those things can easily do.

Edit: Welp, Jello was quicker.

@Jello_Biafra
Thank you, this really helped me understand some parts of it alot better. I have one question what would happen in the modern day, If i set up a speaking tour where I advanced the cause of essentially regan trickle down economics? would I be placed on a watch list by rhe commite or would i just have ruined my carrer?also out of curiosity what happend to Regan

@Jello_Biafra
Thank you, this really helped me understand some parts of it alot better. I have one question what would happen in the modern day, If i set up a speaking tour where I advanced the cause of essentially regan trickle down economics? would I be placed on a watch list by rhe commite or would i just have ruined my carrer?also out of curiosity what happend to Regan
Most governments place people who publicly speak against the dominant ideology or for the overthrow of the government on some kind of watch list. Even America and the UK today put people who do things as innocuous as a google search with certain key words on a list.

Trickle down reaganomics isn't even really believed by the Alliance of Free States either. Technocratic management of the economy is done constantly to try and squeeze every possible resource to try and compete with the combined forces of America, the Soviets, and China and their allies. So someone going around preaching it is probably going to be thought of as an odd duck no matter where they go in the world.

Most governments place people who publicly speak against the dominant ideology or for the overthrow of the government on some kind of watch list.
In this case Im not asking for overthrow of the goverment,I just want to bring back captilism through democratic means.But still I take your point, so if this place were isoted for example into the modern world,they would find it almost incomperhensible wouldn't they.

In this case Im not asking for overthrow of the goverment,I just want to bring back captilism through democratic means.But still I take your point, so if this place were isoted for example into the modern world,they would find it almost incomperhensible wouldn't they.
They'd find themselves facing a challenge about as severe as someone advocating for a return to feudalism, the binding of citizens to the lands of a new class of feudal lords and the end of the right for commoners to move to new places without the permission of their lords, the enshrinement of the privileges of the aristocracy and the crowning of an Emperor of America.

Someone from today would have as hard of a time getting used to the world TTL as someone from the 1400s would if dropped into our time. The mode of production and organisation of society is completely different.

Do you represent how many worlds on this (and similar) site are unworkable !? From my point of view, this world is in principle believable.

I also note that the change of formations can not happen peacefully.