Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

I came across this today while working on the world map for my Untied States project:

Early proposals of a Sikh nation of ‘Sikhistan’ led by Maharaja of Patiala were published by Dr VS Bhatti in 1940 for a “Khalistan led by the Maharaja of Patiala with the aid of a cabinet consisting of representative federating units”.[2][3][4][5] These would consist of the central districts of Punjab province then directly administered by the British, including Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Ambala, Ferozpur, Amritsar and Lahore; the 'princely states' of the Cis-Sutlej, including Patiala, Nabha, Faridkot and Malerkolta; and the 'Shimla Group' of states. After partition of India in 1947, The Liberator, a Sikh publication advocated for Khalistan which would include East Punjab merged with PEPSU led by Maharaja of Patiala as its monarch.[6]

Not that I know of, but the green and yellow in that map don't really pop out so it might be a bit tough
I found this image on Wikipedia. Apparently this was Serbia’s original plan in the First Balkan War. This is probably easier to QBAM, if someone hasn’t done it already.

Attachments

• Serbia_montenegro_albania1913_01.png
    Serbia_montenegro_albania1913_01.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 845
https://tile.loc.gov/image-services...701:g3701e:ct008649/full/pct:25/0/default.jpg

Here's a map called Indian Land Areas Judicially Recognized. Published on September 30, 1978, all of these are lands that various Native American tribes, either in the U.S. Indian Claims Commission or U.S. Court of Claims, were able to prove original tribal occupancy. In other words, these are lands that, according to all those treaties that were signed and later ignored, should've remained under native control, or least guaranteed their territorial autonomy.

https://tile.loc.gov/image-services...701:g3701e:ct008649/full/pct:25/0/default.jpg

Here's a map called Indian Land Areas Judicially Recognized. Published on September 30, 1978, all of these are lands that various Native American tribes, either in the U.S. Indian Claims Commission or U.S. Court of Claims, were able to prove original tribal occupancy. In other words, these are lands that, according to all those treaties that were signed and later ignored, should've remained under native control, or least guaranteed their territorial autonomy.
Wow this is extremely detailed good find!

Does anyone have a fixed QBAM of the San Stefano Treaty? Crazy Boris made this one, which is magnificent, except for the Russian-Ottoman border, which follows the implemented Treaty of Berlin. I also found this picture on the Wikipedia page for the treaty which outlines the change. It would be really cool if someone could help me out.

Attachments

• San Stefano.png
    San Stefano.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 602
  • SanStefano4.jpg
    SanStefano4.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 588
Does anyone have a fixed QBAM of the San Stefano Treaty? Crazy Boris made this one, which is magnificent, except for the Russian-Ottoman border, which follows the implemented Treaty of Berlin. I also found this picture on the Wikipedia page for the treaty which outlines the change. It would be really cool if someone could help me out.
No one?

Not that I know of, but the green and yellow in that map don't really pop out so it might be a bit tough
Here's the same map with the borders highlighted (and the corresponding areas and the key numbered - red are the proposed borders and black are the 1913 borders - only the borders on land are highlighted and where it wasn't obvious from the colour difference etc.

Attachments

• Albania partition map Treaty of London 1915 smaller.png
    Albania partition map Treaty of London 1915 smaller.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 403
honestly i barely know what a qbam is but this guy did a map back in june
Here's the same map with the borders highlighted (and the corresponding areas and the key numbered - red are the proposed borders and black are the 1913 borders - only the borders on land are highlighted and where it wasn't obvious from the colour difference etc.
heres the map itself on the library of congress page, higher quality and readable

Based on a recent post of Mobiyuz on DeviantArt, plus a very old video that i've remember from youtube (long gone deleted), did the allies ever planned to give Czechoslovakia an overseas colony?

Based on a recent post of Mobiyuz on DeviantArt, plus a very old video that i've remember from youtube (long gone deleted), did the allies ever planned to give Czechoslovakia an overseas colony?
Plan? No. The Czech did lobby for Togoland in particular, arguing that the port concessions in the German port cities of Stettin and Hamburg (Moldauhafen, which still exists FYI) would allow the Czech navy to reach its new colony.

There's apparently a Czech book from WW1, České kolonie zámořské by Jan Havlasa, that goes into further details and features more suggestions, but there doesn't seem to be a non-Czech version available.

EDIT: I found an article covering the book, "Imperial Ambition: The Campaign for Czechoslovak Colonies on the Eve of the Paris Peace Conference" by Michael W. Dean, released last year. Here are three highlight quotes.

According to that article, Havlasa and other Czechoslovak colonial advocates argued that 1) colonies were necessary for Czechoslovakia to have the raw materials to build up a strong, sovereign economy, 2) that having colonies with the opportunity for settlers would allow Czechoslovakia to lose excess population without alienating that population from the Czechoslovak state, 3) that either through the Danube or the Elbe Czechoslovakia would easily be able to project maritime power across the world, and finally 4) that New Guinea & Togoland & West Africa (idk if that's supposed to be Kamerun or South West Africa) & Kamchatka (yes, the peninsula in the Russian Far East) should be Czechoslovak colonies.

The article also includes the vision of a Greater Czechoslovakia as advocated by Josef Hüldner consisting out of "a protectorate over the Sorbs in Lusatia, the annexation of Lower Silesia, guardianship over Slovaks and the Ruthenians of Carpathia, Slavic ports on the Baltic and Adriatic seas, and a land corridor connecting the Czechs to the southern Slavs" in addition to Bohemia, Moravia, and Austrian Silesia.

Last edited: