Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-20_13-39-36.png
    upload_2018-12-20_13-39-36.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 645

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
But it's the equivalent of me taking a gun and setting a camping site in the middle of the desert of navada and telling everyone that I in fact am the owner of all of nevada and start posting about it on social media. It's so irrelevant that the government isn't gonna bother to displace me.
There are, at minimum, four separate Mod post in this thread regard the discussion/debate of current politics. One of them was to address the post you just dug up to have another go at.

Don't do that!

Russian base on Poros island in Greece.
In the late 19th century Russians tried to acquire or get a long term lease on the Poros Island to develop the place in to big naval base in the Mediterrenean for the Russian Navy but gave up the idea after other European powers objected it.

Attachments

• poros island.png
    poros island.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 390
So I finally found this site that has a lot of Hungary-related proposals (some of which I posted a couple months ago)
1690139756675.png

What is this, the website claims that a "strip south of the Rezovska River (Karacadag) must be handed over to Turkey."
No such strip exists. I've scoured English, Bulgarian, and Turkish sources but there is absolutely no mention of a cession of territory from Bulgaria to Turkey at the PPC in 1947. Only a confirmation of its prewar border.

View attachment 846021
What is this, the website claims that a "strip south of the Rezovska River (Karacadag) must be handed over to Turkey."
No such strip exists. I've scoured English, Bulgarian, and Turkish sources but there is absolutely no mention of a cession of territory from Bulgaria to Turkey at the PPC in 1947. Only a confirmation of its prewar border.
Turkish-Bulgarian border last changed in 1915, maybe this was a claim but i never heard beforr, as far as i looked into it, Karacadag is a village on the Turkish side, it has a twin village called Slivarovo on the Bulgarian side of the river but they are mostly empty and abandoned and i can't imagine why anybody cared about them

The United Front for the Liberation of Oppressed Races (FULRO) was a guerrilla group and political movement that fought against both North and South Vietnam during the Vietnam War and continuing its guerrilla campaign well after its end, only disarming itself in 1992, it sought independence or autonomy for the non-ethnic Vietnamese indigenous peoples of the central highlands region, such as the Montagnards, Chams, and Khmers

Whenever I hear of proposals like this. my brain demands for a map of it to immediately exist, and now its Wikipedia article mentioned something very relevant:
In 1965, FULRO released maps showing that their ultimate goal was for Montagnard and Cham independence within a revived new Champa state and for Khmers to retake Cochinchina.[13] It was based in Ratanakiri and Mondulkiri provinces in Cambodia,[14] and the Central Highlands in Vietnam.[15]
Does anyone has images of these maps? looking up "FULRO Vietnam map" only brings up this map that looks relevant, and is maybe one of the maps mentioned on Wikipedia, however, it could just very well be simply an ethnic map rather than a map that was made by the FULRO organization to show the borders of its claimed independent state:
rs=w:1240,cg:true