Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Holy crap. I actually own this book. I bought it a few years ago and remember feeling astounded by the predictions. It's pretty surreal to see the late-2000's mentality some decade later.

I read this in 2013, gotta say it's single-handedly one of the most realistic and yet also utterly bonkers 'timelines' I've ever heard
I read this sometime around then too, back when I was in high school. Copy-pasting my comment from Tigerstars' video:
"As someone who read this entire book years ago, I can confirm that it aged horribly. My current headcanon is that it's more of a subtle "here's what US foreign policy should try to do" than a "here's what I think will actually happen". Considering the author's background, I find this more likely than if the book were genuinely just about attempting to make predictions."
Friedman's world, circa 2100
I'm tempted to point out the minor errors, but actually I think it looks better that way. More blursed, sure, but the book was completely blursed to begin with.
Alright guys, see you at 5:30 PM on November 24, 2050, for Space Pearl Harbor 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Ngl, that part would be cool to make a film or something out of.

Here we have the infamous Landkreuzer p. 1000 Ratte, planned to be the largest tank ever designed.
Weight: ~1000 metric tons (Armaments: 300 tons, Armor and frame: 200 tons, Track and propulsion engines: 100 tons, ammo and miscellaneous parts: ~400 tons)
Length: 35 meters
Width: 14 meters
Height: 11 meters
Armor: 150-360 mm
Propulsion: Provided by either a set of eight Daimler-Benz MB501 20-cylinder marine diesel engines or by two MAN V12Z32/44 24-cylinder marine diesel engines, providing at least 12,000-13,000 kilowatts. The project top speed for the tank was 40 km/h
Crew: 41
Weapons:
  • Dual 280 mm SK C/34 naval turret
  • A KwK 44 L/55 anti-tank gun
  • Two 15 mm Mauser autocannons
  • At least eight 28 mm Flak 38 anti-aircraft guns
The tank was so huge that it would've also come equipped with a vehicle bay to house things like scouting motorcycles, its own infirmary and even its own lavatory system.

But its size was also its biggest downfall; it would've been so huge that it would've necessitated both an entire shipbuilding yard and the resources of a crew of hundreds working around the clock for several months just to make one. It would've been too heavy to drive on roads or bridges without destroying them, the components were too much for Germany's trains and should they encounter any traction or suspension problems, the tank was so heavy that you would've needed another Ratte to tow it back for repairs. The only advantage of its size was the fact that, since it was basically a mobile 3-story building, it had enough clearance to cross rivers.

And due to its size, despite all of those guns, even that likely wouldn't have been enough to protect it from aerial bombings. Plus, you know, there was no way they could plausibly fuel this thing.
This is a map thread. Any historical proposals posted here must have something to do with territory.

1612815707304.png

A fairly straightforward proposal by Dr. Fazıl Küçük to divide Cyprus, 1957

Deleted member 107125

Unfortunately could not find a map, but the delusions of grandeur some German provincial monarchs had were....wild.
The King of Saxony, Frederick August, reportedly hoped to establish a personal union with the Baltic states, and Lithuania. He also of course had claims over Poland, but believed the Poles not to be worth it (apparently they were “too Jewish” and “anti-German”.)
The King of Wurttemburg, Wilhelm II, nothing to do with the Emperor, supposedly pressed claims on Belgium and hoped to incorporate it into his kingdom. Frederick August of Oldenburg wanted to divide France up into a northern republican government and a southern Bourbon kingdom.
Ludwig III of Bavaria wanted Alsace and claimed Antwerp in an attempt to gain access to the sea.

The King of Saxony, Frederick August, reportedly hoped to establish a personal union with the Baltic states, and Lithuania. He also of course had claims over Poland, but believed the Poles not to be worth it (apparently they were “too Jewish” and “anti-German”.)
Is this Frederick Augustus I?

Unfortunately could not find a map, but the delusions of grandeur some German provincial monarchs had were....wild.
The King of Wurttemburg, Wilhelm II, nothing to do with the Emperor, supposedly pressed claims on Belgium and hoped to incorporate it into his kingdom. Frederick August of Oldenburg wanted to divide France up into a northern republican government and a southern Bourbon kingdom.
Ludwig III of Bavaria wanted Alsace and claimed Antwerp in an attempt to gain access to the sea.
What time period was this in?

So something like this?
E4E07D21-72A2-4210-B2E3-E38AC1EF3099.jpeg

Not as crazy as it may sound... there were at least some precedens for Wettin on Lithuanian(-polish) throne and Wittelsbach aims for Belgium (back in 18th century)