Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Just the Central America Govt. General, I am aware that the rest of the mentioned countries would be puppet states.

When talking about Axis plans everything was inconsistent, Japan also mentioned that the Philippines would be annexed but later on they opted out in making it a puppet state, though I also read somewhere that only Mindanao would be annexed to Japan, it sucks that I forgot about sources for a lot of Axis plans that I read over the last decade.

Not really inconsistent, but time dependent. In 1941 Japan had planned on fully annexing the Philippines. By 1944-1945 as the war wasn't going as planned, they planned to turn the Philippines into a puppet state, likely because that might have garnered more Filipino support.

Not really inconsistent, but time dependent. In 1941 Japan had planned on fully annexing the Philippines. By 1944-1945 as the war wasn't going as planned, they planned to turn the Philippines into a puppet state, likely because that might have garnered more Filipino support.
Ah, forgot that the Second Philippine Republic was established in 1943.

Crazy Boris

Banned
though I also read somewhere that only Mindanao would be annexed to Japan,

Why just Mindanao?

If it was just Luzon I’d kind of get it because it’s not too far from Japanese Taiwan

But Mindanao? Wouldn’t it make more sense to set up a puppet there than annex it if Japan isn’t interested in taking all of the Philippines?

Why just Mindanao?

If it was just Luzon I’d kind of get it because it’s not too far from Japanese Taiwan

But Mindanao? Wouldn’t it make more sense to set up a puppet there than annex it if Japan isn’t interested in taking all of the Philippines?
From what I remember it mentioned something about its Japanese minority, but like BrobDingnag said, Imperial Japanese war aims during WWII was just propaganda and belief that annexing countries in real life is just like playing a HOI4 match.

Oil reserves. Sort of a sticking point for them at the time.

Not that it’s relevant, of course. The ludicrous projections of annexation/puppeting were just propaganda anyway.
Ah, that sweet sweet petroleum that Japan desperately needed.

Speaking of ludicrous projections, what they had in mind for Australia and New Zealand wasn't a full invasion (even that was seen as too ambitious), but rather isolating and blockading them out until they surrendered. The colonial Australia Government-General was then expected to accommodate up to two million Japanese settlers after their victory. How exactly one blockades an entire continent, I'm not sure.

Ethno-linguistic China, now in Q-BAM!
Ethno-Linguistic China Q-BAM.png

(This took me a total of 2 hours to do)​

Apparently that has to partially do with the failed Meech Lake Accord in 1987.
It does propose uniting the Indian Reserves, the Yukon, the North West Territories, and Nunavut as a single aboriginal-governed province, with Nunavut becoming like a regional government and Indian bands becoming like municipal governments.

Also,

I remember seeing that. I think I made a map of it somewhere.
EDIT: Here's the Q-BAM. It was based on these maps.
1585963944863.png

Last edited: