President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Hi everyone,

Me again, here's another post from me. This time Clinton/Kaine vs. Trump/Pence

34t8km9.png

Needless to say I think I have the medium difficulty setting nailed down pretty good. A sea of blue I say. I think I will do a Bush 2000 game next, since that election in particular was very controversial aswell. I will try it on hard this time. I was actually surprised at how this game turned out, I didn't think I would make as much inroads in the South as I did, certainly not Texas, didn't even bother campaigning there, just ran some ads. I think the momentum of winning all three Presidential Debates plus VP debate really helps in making landslides like this. It would be really interesting to somehow see in real life the effect of how the debates play on the minds of the voters, specifically if they really get alot of undecideds to choose one of the two.

Hi everyone again,

Another post from me again.

Bush/Cheney vs. Gore/Lieberman 2000 Election Results

2ng8nr8.png

This was my first game on the hard difficulty setting. It was quite a battle. At the start Wisconsin started leaning Gore, but some heavy advertising quickly swung into the Republican column. Florida went red pretty quickly thanks to ads and heavy barnstorming. Iowa and New Mexico then became the key to breaking the deadlock. I never expected to win Michigan and Pennsylvania, went into the election with both leaning Democratic, but both of them with Iowa and New Mexico pushed me over and then Oregon came back Republican and it was over from there. Unlike RL, I would say the electoral vote was pretty decisive, but with a win of 1.4 million I would say that I barely won the popular vote.

Next up, now that I have some time this weekend I think I may play as Bernie in 2016 through the primaries and everything. During the week I rarely play the primaries as it is very time consuming, but it is also very rewarding to lock up the nomination after all the hard work.

upload_2017-5-6_18-32-8.png

Had a go at President Infinity: Politibrit Edition. With the new popular vote feature you can have fun little scenarios like this, with constituency elections. If you don't worry too much about graphics and just the functionality, you can make a scenario very quickly with minimum fuss - the hardest part was tracing the ward boundaries.

I decided to try and hold firm against the Conservatives in Bishop Auckland, and did a pretty good job.

And lastly, I think this might be the first game in the thread done under the new update (even if it was only a bug fix).

View attachment 320915

Had a go at President Infinity: Politibrit Edition. With the new popular vote feature you can have fun little scenarios like this, with constituency elections. If you don't worry too much about graphics and just the functionality, you can make a scenario very quickly with minimum fuss - the hardest part was tracing the ward boundaries.

I decided to try and hold firm against the Conservatives in Bishop Auckland, and did a pretty good job.

And lastly, I think this might be the first game in the thread done under the new update (even if it was only a bug fix).
And, what's with the pics of the candidates being Jill Stein pics?

View attachment 320915

How do I download the new popular vote update? I can't seem to find it on the website. I have 2.4.9

I have decided I will be doing all elections in order. I should have them done by next Sunday due to school and work.

I started with the 1788 election today and made it to 1816.

3A4dU8t.png
gbZ3XL4.png
I408CkR.png
rLBHN3L.png
rlQb48G.png
tAgoqGE.png
XuyRRhB.png
qkADjJV.png

Presidents and Vice Presidents so far

1789-97 George Washington (Independent)/John Adams (I)
1797-1801 Thomas Jefferson (Democratic-Republican)/John Adams (Federalist)
1801-05 Thomas Jefferson (DR)/Aaron Burr (DR)
1805-13 Aaron Burr (DR)/Elbridge Gerry (DR)
1813-14 Elbridge Gerry* (DR)/James Monroe (DR)
1814- James Monroe (DR)/Daniel Tompkins (DR)

*Died in office

I guess the Federalist Party is dead now

Hi everyone,

I am curious as to how many of us play Congress Infinity aswell. Definitely check it out if you haven't bought it yet and have interest in House and Senate elections. Here is a pic of my recent playthrough as Democrats in the 2016 House Of Representatives Election.

6rj5za.png

Imagine a Dem controlled House with Republican Senate and Presidency. I wonder what would really happen.

Oh and by the way, I have seen pics of the popular vote update, I just wanted to confirm it is for President Infinity right. When it is released would anyone be interested in some gubernatorial scenarios, I had in mind Florida ones in particular.

Hi everyone,

I am curious as to how many of us play Congress Infinity aswell. Definitely check it out if you haven't bought it yet and have interest in House and Senate elections. Here is a pic of my recent playthrough as Democrats in the 2016 House Of Representatives Election.

6rj5za.png

Imagine a Dem controlled House with Republican Senate and Presidency. I wonder what would really happen.
Should I buy it? I really want to do the Senate elections, but I don't know if it's worth $20

Should I buy it? I really want to do the Senate elections, but I don't know if it's worth $20

I personally like it, I wont lie I spend more time in President Infinity than Congress Infinity though. It is a bit different than PI, there really is no President or VP to barnstorm or fundraise with instead surrogates are used in that capacity. Endorsers are also not used. You can still research scandals, use ads, create surrogates, target, build footsoldiers etc. though. You kind of play from the perspective as the parties to elect representatives to the the House and Senate. I would recommend it if you have an interest in the House and Senate elections. There are some user scenarios out there for it, but not nearly as much as there are for PI so if you have ideas it comes with a campaign editor and it is seemingly somewhat overlooked when it comes to modding.

Hi again, I am starting to post here pretty often hey. Here is another upload from Congress Infinity, this time from the 2012 Senate elections, I played as the Republicans in this one and managed to capture control of the Senate.

2ed5lwj.png

So I'm taking this summer off for health reasons and in an effort to keep my mind active and stave off boredom, I'm trying my hand at modding and adding characters in the game. I'm still having trouble with third parties and some campaigns..but here's a quick run off of 2016

Senator Ben Affleck (D-MA)/ Senator Mark Warner
Senator Elizabeth Cheney (R-WY)/ Governor Mike Pence (R-IN)
Fmr. Vice President Al Gore (G-TN)/ Senator Bernie Sanders (G-VT)
Mrs Jennifer Aniston (L-CA)/ Fmr Governor William Weld (L-MA)

Attachments

• affleckpresident.PNG
    affleckpresident.PNG
    291.3 KB · Views: 400
So I'm taking this summer off for health reasons and in an effort to keep my mind active and stave off boredom, I'm trying my hand at modding and adding characters in the game. I'm still having trouble with third parties and some campaigns..but here's a quick run off of 2016

Senator Ben Affleck (D-MA)/ Senator Mark Warner
Senator Elizabeth Cheney (R-WY)/ Governor Mike Pence (R-IN)
Fmr. Vice President Al Gore (G-TN)/ Senator Bernie Sanders (G-VT)
Mrs Jennifer Aniston (L-CA)/ Fmr Governor William Weld (L-MA)
You should give Gore a boost in Tennessee.

Here's another:

Governor George Bush (R-TX)/ Senator Chuck Hagel (R-NE)
President Bill Clinton (D-AR)/ Mr. Al Franken (D-MN)
Fmr Governor Jerry Brown (G-CA)/ Mrs. Winona LaDuke (G-MN)
Governor Jesse Ventura (Ref-MN)/ Mr Donald Trump (Ref-NY)

Attachments

• bushhagel00.PNG
    bushhagel00.PNG
    282.3 KB · Views: 436