Post WWII Kingdom of France

Susano

Banned
I thought Susano sorted out the claims on another thread. Pretty much the Legitimists have the worst claim (IIRC what he said) and the Orleanists might be the best bet.

Yeah. There is no real legitimist claim anymore. The old legitimist-orelanist divdie ended when the French legitimist line died out. Afterwards, most legitimists joined the Orleanists, because that was the most legitime line - the Spanish line was more senior, but Philip II. had to forego all claims to the French throne to sit the Spanish one. However, some radical legitimists who were just too histile towards Orelans nonetheles sheld up that claim. But, as we know, Spain had dynastic issues of its own (Isabel and Carlos), and hence the radical-legitimist claim and the Carlist claim overlapped for a time (simply because that is the most senior line according to male primogeniture).

In short, Id call it the Anjouist claim, rather, because the line is is called Bourbon-Anjou (as opposed to Bourbons-Orleans). Still, of course, both Orleans and Anjou could have fit into Thandes scenario, in which case the legitimacy of claims pretty much does not matter much...

True, but I believe this was only decided in Elizabeth II's reign. Otherwise we would talk of James VI and James VII, when historically we refer to them as I and II - of course, if there is another James he WOULD be the VIII by this act, which would look even weird - I, II and VIII !

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

True, this convention was only decided in Elizabeth's reign but looking back to the Act of Union it has not actually been broken on any occasion. The James's ruled the Kingdoms of England and Scotland, not the United Kingdom of Great Britain

Yeah. There is no real legitimist claim anymore. The old legitimist-orelanist divdie ended when the French legitimist line died out. Afterwards, most legitimists joined the Orleanists, because that was the most legitime line - the Spanish line was more senior, but Philip II. had to forego all claims to the French throne to sit the Spanish one. However, some radical legitimists who were just too histile towards Orelans nonetheles sheld up that claim. But, as we know, Spain had dynastic issues of its own (Isabel and Carlos), and hence the radical-legitimist claim and the Carlist claim overlapped for a time (simply because that is the most senior line according to male primogeniture).

In short, Id call it the Anjouist claim, rather, because the line is is called Bourbon-Anjou (as opposed to Bourbons-Orleans). Still, of course, both Orleans and Anjou could have fit into Thandes scenario, in which case the legitimacy of claims pretty much does not matter much...

Thanks Susano. :D