Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

While we're on this topic, do you think if WB did an animated feature during the fifties, would it utilize the same comedic formula of their shorts, or would it try to copy what Disney was doing at the time?
They could go either way, as this is pre DC adquisition, i think they would go all the deluxe style with their Looney Tunes or doing original story and adaptation.

They could go either way, as this is pre DC adquisition, i think they would go all the deluxe style with their Looney Tunes or doing original story and adaptation.
With Disney adapting mostly European fairy tales. I could see Warner adapting a lot of American folklore i.e. Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed, etc.

With Disney adapting mostly European fairy tales. I could see Warner adapting a lot of American folklore i.e. Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed, etc.
Yeah, but Disney had already done a Johnny Appleseed adaptation at this point with the Johnny Appleseed segment in Melody Time.

For those people interested, we have a new ATL called "Masks Begat Masks", where superheroes and supervillains are real, complete with costumes, but the laws of physics remain in place, so no super powers: