Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

I have a topic for discussion - we all know what the "Resident Evil" was after the 3rd part (in fact, these problems were visible right after the first, but about it). Was it possible to save the "Resident Evil" as a classic Survival horror, instead of perverting into an action about a zombie?

You know, there was some rumors in 2004 that Microsoft was going to buy Bioware. That would have quite changed the WRPG/Western Video Game sector.

Mass Effect was at the beginning of it's developpement so many thing could have changed about it , maybe better graphics ?
Also if in term of exclusivity that doesn't much at start (Since ME1 was already an Xbox exclusive) that could change after that. More games for the Xbox360 or maybe just another Great saga exclusive for XBOX360 could mean that the console stay ahead of the PS3.

Also SWTOR isn't produced by Bioware and millions won't goes in it and the whole project could never exist.

I have a topic for discussion - we all know what the "Resident Evil" was after the 3rd part (in fact, these problems were visible right after the first, but about it). Was it possible to save the "Resident Evil" as a classic Survival horror, instead of perverting into an action about a zombie?

Do you mean the games or movies? Just being sure.

Well till Zero was pretty Survival but the game were always action, maybe Mikami have not the creative break down post DMC and pushed 4 with the original idea( Leon alone in umbrella french castle/laboratory when look for an antídote) when the TPS Style 4 become ittl become a more sucessful PN 03

And how can this affect?
PN 03 have the original idea a TPS with 'wait and shot' but that one was more stylish, when failed commercialy showed the game system have potential and was adapted to RE4, if the game is sucessful would start a franchise with that gameplay

PN 03 have the original idea a TPS with 'wait and shot' but that one was more stylish, when failed commercialy showed the game system have potential and was adapted to RE4, if the game is sucessful would start a franchise with that gameplay
Great idea!

Well till Zero was pretty Survival but the game were always action, maybe Mikami have not the creative break down post DMC and pushed 4 with the original idea( Leon alone in umbrella french castle/laboratory when look for an antídote) when the TPS Style 4 become ittl become a more sucessful PN 03
However, I wonder how the fact that the Resident Evil will continue to adhere to the "classic horror" model will affect the gaming industry?

Last edited:
However, I wonder how the fact that the Resident Evil will continue to adhere to the "classic horror" model will affect the gaming industry?
As that move that idea, maybe Mikami follow the original 'haunted castle as leon loss his humaniy thanks to the virus' plot line and that was closer to horror with some physological aspect
Just see the prototypes(when was full GC exclusive and better graphics)

As that move that idea, maybe Mikami follow the original 'haunted castle as leon loss his humaniy thanks to the virus' plot line and that was closer to horror with some physological aspect
Just see the prototypes(when was full GC exclusive and better graphics)

Yes - I saw these videos. I like the fact that there are suspicions that Leon is raving. The truth is for me, all the same I would have made a man with a hook impregnable... but this is the prerogative of the Clock Tower.

The truth is .. how much could such a game become successful?

Yes - I saw these videos. I like the fact that there are suspicions that Leon is raving. The truth is for me, all the same I would have made a man with a hook impregnable... but this is the prerogative of the Clock Tower.

The truth is .. how much could such a game become successful?
That is the idea, what is real? what is fake? is the product of the virus or something else?. The Rest a game is sucessful if is good and i've faith on mikami so that could keep RE in survival and terror for a while

That is the idea, what is real? what is fake? is the product of the virus or something else?. The Rest a game is sucessful if is good and i've faith on mikami so that could keep RE in survival and terror for a while
Actually the fourth "Resident Evil" is considered the most popular ... perhaps he just and provoked an abundance of "Horror-Shooters". If the alternative version is so popular, how will this affect the rest of the series? Or on video games in general?

Actually the fourth "Resident Evil" is considered the most popular ... perhaps he just and provoked an abundance of "Horror-Shooters". If the alternative version is so popular, how will this affect the rest of the series? Or on video games in general?
If an alternate RE4 is as popular as OTL, that will affec the rest of industry, maybe Dead Space copied it even more, maybe that is a spark for a better reboot of Alone in the Dark, maybe new games inspired by this alternate RE4 would follow that Psycological Terror was this RE4, so a lot of thing can happen, RE5 would follow that scheme, with a far different story otl and so on.

The rest is what we think might happen, the game could underperform, and make capcom back to the drawing board

If an alternate RE4 is as popular as OTL, that will affec the rest of industry, maybe Dead Space copied it even more, maybe that is a spark for a better reboot of Alone in the Dark, maybe new games inspired by this alternate RE4 would follow that Psycological Terror was this RE4, so a lot of thing can happen, RE5 would follow that scheme, with a far different story otl and so on.

The rest is what we think might happen, the game could underperform, and make capcom back to the drawing board

About Alone in the Dark, it would be cool - the first horror was clearly unlucky with sequels and remakes (The New Nightmare is a tracing-paper from the original "Resident Evil"). But the idea of psychological horror is very close to the pseudo-Lovecraft games.

The second option is also not the worst.

About Alone in the Dark, it would be cool - the first horror was clearly unlucky with sequels and remakes (The New Nightmare is a tracing-paper from the original "Resident Evil"). But the idea of psychological horror is very close to the pseudo-Lovecraft games.

The second option is also not the worst.
That is how buterflies work, can work pretty umpredictable but we need to see how they flap and when they will take us...so yeah giving ideas in that regard.

I need to think - don't forget about the difference in time zones.
I haven't thought too much - but I have some ideas.

If the game does not become too popular, then in the end still refer to the idea of the Horror-Shooters, which in the end makes the fate of the game industry close to the OTL.
If such an option is successful, then we can expect some changes. In this case, the ideas that Capcom tried to implement in the seventh part, can come up in the development of the fifth. Also, the 2000s can go down in history as an active period of development of the "Psychological Horror" (the prerequisites for this were - remember the Eternal Darkness and Haunting Ground). Given that the main character of the game, Dead Space - an engineer suffering from hallucinations, then from this you can make a good psychological thriller. But Alone in the Dark (2008) can in general be completely built on attempts to distinguish between the real and the imaginary.

If such an option is successful, then we can expect some changes. In this case, the ideas that Capcom tried to implement in the seventh part, can come up in the development of the fifth. Also, the 2000s can go down in history as an active period of development of the "Psychological Horror" (the prerequisites for this were - remember the Eternal Darkness and Haunting Ground). Given that the main character of the game, Dead Space - an engineer suffering from hallucinations, then from this you can make a good psychological thriller. But Alone in the Dark (2008) can in general be completely built on attempts to distinguish between the real and the imaginary.
This one is a pretty good idea(and someone remebered Eternal Darkness. a shame what happened Silicon Knights but ED was a masterpiece) and this could be one of a nice butterfly effect, with a far different RE5 and those Dead Space and AitD2008 would be pretty interesting.

This one is a pretty good idea(and someone remebered Eternal Darkness. a shame what happened Silicon Knights but ED was a masterpiece) and this could be one of a nice butterfly effect, with a far different RE5 and those Dead Space and AitD2008 would be pretty interesting.
I think that as in OTL, the fifth part will develop the ideas of the fourth - in the end we get a weak character who, in special cases, will suffer from hallucinations and even become uncontrollable. Here is the scene .... Africa has its potential ... in theory, but there are no Old Mansions. :)

Eternal Darkness has a fairly interesting concept and stands the line between the various components of horror (Including adventure and action packed). The unrequited sequel (Shadow of the Eternals) was to develop "gothic" project components (the corresponding era, and a partial vampire theme). So I'm very interested in this game .... unfortunately in Russia there isn't even a fan localization.

Dead Space probably will be so - the engineer will explore the ship, while trying to escape from the necromorphs. Although considering what I know about the series ... I would not be surprised if the third part will be closer to the shooter from a third person (say Isaac is already used to these creatures, and generally grew up).
Alone in the Darkness ... I'd like to see a private detective fighting mystical curses, but I'm confronted with the fact that his mind cann't stand it.