Political Strategies of Mussolini

I'm just trying to understand the strategies of Mussolini for an essay of which I am struggling to get my head around. Not sure if this is the right place for it but I have seen similar posts before. Any good sources about Mussolini in general would be greatly appreciated.

Richard Lamb's "Mussolini as Diplomat: Il Duce's Italy on the World Stage" is a good place to start. I'd go for at least three books by different authors to get a good idea about him. That's the only one I currently have at home. Luke Dalton has a pretty good grasp of Italian politics of that time. Hopefully he can weigh in with some others. Of course you could also just hit the local library and go from there. Use some of the sources they used in writing the books.

Good luck with figuring out the Duce. Read a few books on him but can only remember 1 but he really didn’t have much of a strategy except recreating the Roman Empire. Italian Foreign Policy Under Mussolini by Luigi Villari

Well one thing that you must take in consideration is that Benny in foreign politics never had a real plan, was just an amateur and was a firm believer of the 'between do nothing and do something...even stupid, better do something' school as his entire ethos was against remain in the sideline or worse neutral, finally while he had gave to himself the decision making power in foreign politics he was not the most resolute man.
Denis Mack Le guerre del duce give a good idea of him.